《穿普拉达的女王》中英双语剧本

别妄想泡我
708次浏览
2020年07月31日 02:45
最佳经验
本文由作者推荐

幼儿园语言教学反思-荏苒是什么意思



学英语的很好材料

The Devil Wears Prada script
[Squeaks]
[Woman Singing]
[Continues]
[Continues]
-[Continues] -Good luck. 祝你好运。
[Continues]
[Children Giggling]
[Continues]
-[Continues] -[Horn Honks]
[Continues]
[Ends]
[Bell Dings]
Hi. Uh, I have an appointment with Emily Charlton?
你好,我约了艾米莉·查尔顿
-Andrea Sachs? -Yes.
安吉丽娜·塞克斯?-是的
Great. Human Resources certainly has an odd sense of humor.
要命。人力资源部还真会开玩笑。
Follow me.
跟我来。
Okay, so I was Miranda's second assistant…
听着,我本是马林达的第二助手
but her first assistant recently got promoted, and so now I'm the first.
她首席助手近期晋升 ,所以我现在是首席助手。
-Oh, and you're replacing yourself. -Well, I am trying.
-哦,你给自己找替身。 -但还没找到。
Miranda sacked the last two girls after only a few weeks.
马林达几周内炒了前两个女孩。
We need to find someone who can survive here. Do you understand?
我们需要生存者,明白不?
Yeah. Of course. Who's Miranda?
当然。马林达是谁?
Oh, my God. I will pretend you did not just ask me that.
哦,天哪。 我会假装你刚没问过我。
She's the editor in chief of Runway, not to mention a legend.
她是《天桥》杂志主编, 是一名传奇人物。
You work a year for her, and you can get a job at any magazine you want.
只要为她卖命一年,之后随你想去什么杂志社
A million girls would kill for this job.
所有女孩都会为这工作发疯的。
It sounds like a great opportunity. I'd love to be considered.



听上去很棒, 我很荣幸能被选中。
[Giggling]
Andrea, Runway is a fashion magazine…
安吉丽南,《天桥》是本时尚杂志
so an interest in fashion is crucial.
对时尚的热衷非常重要。
What makes you think I'm not interested in fashion?
你认为我对时尚没有兴趣?
-[Cell Phone Ringing] -Oh, my God.
我的天哪
No! No! No!
不!不!不!
What's wrong?
怎么了?
She's on her way. Tell everyone!
她要到了 通知大家!
She's not supposed to be here until 9:00.
她应该9点到的
Her driver just text messaged, and her facialist ruptured a disk.
司机刚短信我, 她的美容师椎间盘突出
-God, these people! -[Whistles, Whispers] Who's that?
那些人真要命! 这是谁啊?
That I can't even talk about.
我都不想提她
All right, everyone! Gird your loins!
好了,各位, 准备就绪!
-[Excited Chattering] -Did somebody eat an onion bagel?
谁吃过洋葱面包圈了?
[Exhales, Sniffs]
[Bell Dings]
Sorry, Miranda.
对不起,马林达
[Bell Dings]
Move it! Ooh!
让开
I don't understand why it's so difficult to confirm an appointment.
为什么确认预约就这么困难?
I know. I'm so sorry, Miranda. I actually did confirm last night.
我知道,对不起, 马林达。 我昨晚真的有去确定
Details of your incompetence do not interest me.
我对你无能的细节没兴趣
Tell Simone I'm not going to approve that girl that she sent me for the
Brazilian layout.
告诉西蒙我不要她为巴西版选得女孩



I asked for clean, athletic, smiling. She sent me dirty, tired and paunchy.
我要的是干净,运动型,面带微笑的女孩。她挑的是肮脏,疲倦的肥婆
And R.S.V.P. Yes to the Michael Kors party.
回复麦克·克斯,我会去他的聚会
I want the driver to drop me off at 9:30 and pick me up at 9:45 sharp.
我要司机9点30送到那里 9点45分再来接我
-[Whispers] 9:45 sharp. -Call Natalie at Glorious Foods, tell her no for
the 40th time.
-9点45分正点。 -打电话给‘光荣食品’的纳塔莉。说了40遍不行
No, I don't want dacquoise. I want tortes filled with warm rhubarb compote.
我不要杏仁蛋白饼。 我要大黄水果蛋糕
Then call my ex-husband and remind him the parent- teacher conference is
at Dalton tonight.
再打电话给我前夫,提醒他今晚的家长会在达尔顿
Then call my husband, ask him to meet me for dinner at that place I went
to with Massimo.
打给我丈夫,让他在我和马西莫去过的地方碰面吃晚餐
Tell Richard I saw the pictures that he sent for that feature on the female
paratroopers…
告诉理查德我看过他送来的女伞兵的照片
and they're all so deeply unattractive.
他们实在太难看了
Is it impossible to find a lovely, slender female paratrooper?
就不能找个可人又苗条的女伞兵?
-No. -Am I reaching for the stars here? Not really.
-当然能-我能接触星辰吗?当然不可能
Also, I need to see all the things that Nigel has pulled for Gwyneth's
second cover try.
还有,我要看奈杰尔给格温妮丝挑的第二次封面试镜的衣服
I wonder if she's lost any of that weight yet. Who's that?
不知她瘦了多少。她是谁?
Nobody. Um, uh…
谁都不是,呃
Human Resources sent her up about the new assistant job, and I was
preinterviewing her.
人力资源部送她来做助理,我刚给她面试
But she's hopeless and totally wrong for it.
她根本不行,完全不适应这里
Clearly I'm going to have to do that myself because the last two you sent
me…
显然我要自己来选,你上两次选的人
were completely inadequate.
全都不合格
So send her in. That's all.



让她进来。就这样
Right.
好的
-She wants to see you. -Oh! She does?
-她要见你 -哦,是吗?
Move!
快点
-This is foul. Don't let her see it. Go! -That's…
这太土了。别让她看见 快去!-那个
[Sighs]
Who are you?
你是谁?
Uh, my name is Andy Sachs.
呃,我叫安迪·塞克斯
I recently graduated from Northwestern University.
刚从西北大学毕业
And what are you doing here?[Clears Throat]
那你在这里做什么?
Well, I think I could do a good job as your assistant.
我可以做你的助理
And, um…
还有,呃
Yeah, I came to New York to be a journalist and sent letters out
everywhere…
我来纽约立志成为记者,发了不少简历
and then finally got a call from Elias-Clarke…
终于艾丽雅斯·克拉克给了我一个电话
and met with Sherry up at Human Resources.
让我和人力资源部的谢瑞见面
Basically, it's this or Auto Universe.
反正, 不是这里就是《机动世界》
-So you don't read Runway? -Uh, no.
-那你不看《天桥》? -呃,不看
And before today, you had never heard of me.
直到今天才知道我这个人
No.
是的
And you have no style or sense of fashion.
你对时尚也没品味和见解
Well, um, I think that depends on what you're…
这个,我认为这看个人
No, no. That wasrt a question.
不,不。我没在问你
Um, I was editor in chief of the Daily Northwestern.



我曾经是西北日报的主编

I also, um, won a national competition for college journalists…
我,还赢过全国大学记者竞赛
with my series on thejanitors'union, which exposed the exploitation…
连续街陋了校工团体的不法剥削
That's all.
行了
[Scoffs]
Yeah. You know, okay.
好吧,我知道了
You're right. I don't fit in here.
没错,我不适合这里
I am not skinny or glamorous…
我不够苗条也不够漂亮
and I don't know that much about fashion.
也不懂时尚
But I'm smart.
但我很聪明
I learn fast and I will work very hard.
我学得很快,我会努力工作的
I got the exclusive on the Cavalli for Gwyneth…
给格温妮丝找到卡华力的独家设计
but the problem is, with that huge feathered headdress that she's
wearing…
问题是她穿那么大个羽毛头饰
she looks like she's working the main stage at the Golden Nugget.
好像她为金块酒店唱戏的
Thank you for your time.
多谢你的宝贵时间
Who is that sad little person?
那可怜虫是谁?
Are we doing a before-and-after piece I don't know about?
我们有制作“麻雀变公主”的节目吗?
Brown and Law, please?Thank you.

-Andrea. -Hmm?
-安吉丽娜 -嗯?
Wait. You got a job at a fashion magazine?
慢着。你在时尚杂志得到份工作?
-Mm-hmm. -What was it, a phone interview?
-没错。 -什么? 靠靠电话面试?
-[Woman] wow. -Ow! Don't be a jerk.
- 嘴巴别这么坏。



Miranda Priestly is famous for being unpredictable.
马林达·皮斯利是出了名的女魔头
Okay, Doug. How is it that you know who she is and I didn't?
道格,为什么你知道她而我不知道?
-I'm actually a girl. -Oh!
-我其实是个女的。 -哦!
-That would explain so much. -[Doug] Look, seriously.
-谜团都解开了。 - 认真点儿
Miranda Priestly is a huge deal. I bet a million girls would kill for that
job.
马林达皮斯利是个大人物,我打赌女生都会为这工作发疯的。
Yeah, great. The thing is I'm not one of them.
是啊。 但问题我不是那些女生。
[Woman] Look, you gotta start somewhere, right?
但你总要出人头地,是不是?
I mean, look at this dump Nate works in.
你看笨内特的工作
I mean, come on. Paper napkins? Hello.
拜托,做纸巾?又没搞错?
Yeah. And Lily, she works at that gallery doing, uh, you know…
对哦,莉莉他在画廊里做那个什么~
Oh, I'm sorry. What exactly is it that you do anyway?
哦,抱歉, 你到底是做什么的?
Well, lucky for me, I already have my dream job.
我很幸运, 已经找到了理想工作
[With Lily] You're a corporate research analyst!
你是个财务研究分析员
-Oh, you're right. My job sucks. -No! –没说错,这工作很烂 –不是的!

-It sucks. I don't… It's boring. -It's all right. Breathe.
-很烂,我~工作很无聊。 -没事的, 深呼吸。
-I'm trying. -Here. Take a drink.
-我在努力。 -来,喝一杯。
-I will have a drink. I will have a drink. -Ah, yes.
-我要喝一杯,喝一杯。 -啊,没错。
-I'd like to propose a toast. To jobs that pay the rent. -To jobs that
pay the rent.
-我来敬,为交房租的工作。 为交房租的工作。
[Lily] Jobs that pay the rent.
为交房租的工作。
Oh, baby. You should see the way these girls at Runway dress.
亲爱的,你该看看天桥里的女生的打扮。
I don't have a thing to wear to work.
我都没想像的穿去工作。



Come on. You're gonna be answering phones and getting coffee.
拜托, 你只是接电话,买咖啡。
You need a ball gown for that?
需要穿晚礼服吗?
I think I might.
我想可能吧。
Well, I happen to think you look great always.
我认为你穿什么都好看。
Aww! I think you're full of it.
啊! 胡说八道。
[Giggling]
-Hey. Come on. Let's go home. -Yeah.
-嘿,过来,现在就回家 -好
I can think of something we can do that doesn't require any clothing.
有件事我们不穿衣服也能做
-Really? -Mmm.
-真的? -嗯
-[Phone Ringing] -[Woman Singing]
Hello?
喂?
Andrea, Miranda decided to kill the autumn jacket story for September…
安吉丽雅,马林达决定取消9月的秋季夹克衫
and she is pulling up the Sedona shoot from October.
并提前10月的塞多纳风景照
You need to come into the office right this second and pick up her coffee
order on the way.
你立即回办公室,路上也把咖啡买来
-Now? -Now, get a pen and write this down.
-现在?-没错,再拿纸笔把这个记下来
I want one no-foam skimmed latte with an extra shot…
我要一份大杯没奶泡的低脂拿铁咖啡
and three drip coffees with room for milk.
三杯冲泡的咖啡,之后加奶
-Searing hot. And I mean hot. -[Line Clicks]
-一定要滚烫的。
-[Continues] -[Cell Phone Ringing]
Hello?
喂?
-[Emily] Where are you? -Oh, I'm almost there. Yeah.
- 你在哪儿? -我就开到了
Shoot! Oh!
该死!
[Ends]
Is there some reason that my coffee isn't here?



为什么我没看到我的咖啡?

Has she died or something?
她死了还是怎么了?
No. [Whispers] God.
没有。 天呢
Oh. Bloody time.
哦,太慢了
-I hope you know that this is a very difficult job… -Mm-hmm.
-我希望你知道这是份艰难的活儿~ -是的
For which you are totally wrong.
那你就错了
And if you mess up, my head is on the chopping block.
你的失职会送我上断头台的
Now, hang that up. Don't just fling it anywhere.
把那挂起来,别随便乱扔
Okay. First of all, you and I answer the phones.
首先, 我和你接听电话
The phone must be answered every single time it rings.
每次响都要接
Calls roll to voice mail, and she gets very upset.
如果转入语音信箱,她会很生气。
If I'm not here… Andrea, Andrea…
如果我不在这里, 安吉丽雅,安吉丽雅
you are chained to that desk.
你必须一直粘着桌子
-Well, what if I need to… -What? No.
-好,但如果我要~ -什么?不行
One time an assistant left the desk because she sliced her hand open with
a letter opener…
上次一女生因为手被开信刀切到而离开桌子
and Miranda missed Lagerfeld…
马林达登上去澳大利亚17小时的班机前错过了拉格菲尔德
just before he boarded a 17-hour flight to Australia.

She now works at TVGuide.
那女生现在《电视节目预告》工作
-Man the desk at all times. Got it. -[Phone Rings]
-随时坚守岗位, 知道了
-Uh… -Miranda Priestly's office.
-呃~ -马林达·皮斯利办公室
No, she's not available.
不,她现在没空
-Who is it? -[Mouthing Words]



-请问是哪位?

Yes, I will tell her you called… yet again.
是的,我会告诉她你来过电话~ 好几次了
-[Bell Chimes] -Right. Remember, you and I have totally differentjobs.
-记住,你我有不同的分工
I mean, you get coffee… [Scoffs] and you run errands.
我是指,你负责咖啡~ 听候差遣
Yet I am in charge of her schedule…
我负责她的行程
her appointments and her expenses.
会计和财务
And, um, most importantly, um…
还有,最重要的是
I get to go with her to Paris for Fashion Week in the fall.
我会和她去巴黎的秋季时尚周
I get to wear couture. I go to all the shows and all the parties.
我会穿名牌设计服装,参加所有时装秀和聚会
I meet all of the designers. It's divine.
会见所有设计师 。 太神圣了
Okay. Now, stay here. I'm going to the art department to give them the
Book.
你现在留下来, 我要把书拿去设计部
-The… -This is the Book.
-书? -就是这本书
Now, it is a mock- up of everything…
这是包含所有现今焦点的
in the current issue.
现实模型
And we deliver it to Miranda's apartment every night, and she retu…
我们每晚都把它送去马林达的住处, 然后她再~
Don't touch it. She returns it to us in the morning with her notes.
别碰, 她做过笔记后在隔日上午交给我们
Now, the second assistant is supposed to do this…
第二助理应该做这个
but Miranda is very private and she does not like strangers in her house.
但马琳达注重隐私, 不喜欢陌生人闯入她的住处
So until she decides that you are not a total psycho…
直到她确认你不是什么变态
I get the lovely task of waiting around for the Book.
先由我负责保管着本书
-[Phone Rings] -Oh, Emily? What do I do…
-哦,艾米莉,我该怎么办?
-Deal with it. -[Rings]



-处理好
[Sighs]
[Rings]
Hello. Mrs. Priestly's office.
你好,皮斯利女士办公室
Hmm. That's what I meant. Miranda Priestly's office.
嗯,我就那意思, 马林达·皮斯利办公室
[Groans]
Um, you know, she is in a meeting. Can I please take a message?
呃,她现在开会。 能留口信吗?
Uh-huh.
Okay. Can you please spell Gabbana?
好,请拼一下GABBNA
-[Line Clicks, Dial Tone Hums] -Hello?
-喂?
I guess not.
不拼算了
I guessed an eight and a half.
我猜你穿8.5号鞋
Um, uh, that's very nice of you…
呃,你真好~
but I don't think I need these.
但我好像不需要它们
Miranda hired me. She knows what I look like.
马林达雇了我, 她知道我的样子
-Do you? -[Chuckles]
-你知道吗?
Emily.
艾米莉
Emily?
艾米莉
She means you.
她叫你呢
-Wejust cut on the bias. -[Miranda] That's not what I asked you.
-我们斜剪了这边 -我不要你这么剪
I couldn't have been clearer. There you are, Emily.
我说了很清楚了, 你来了,艾米莉
-How many times do I have to scream your name? -Actually, it's Andy.
-要我喊你多少遍才够? -其实,我是安迪
My name is Andy. Andrea, but, uh, everybody calls me Andy.
我叫安迪。 安吉丽雅,但那大家都叫我安迪
[Chuckles] I need 10 or 15 skirts from Calvin Klein.
我需要10-15条CK的裙子



-What kind of skirts do you… -Please bore someone else with your
questions.
-你想要什么样式的~ -这种无聊的问题你问别人去
And make sure we have Pier 59 at 8:00 a.m. Tomorrow.
去‘59号码头’确认明天8点的座位
Remind Jocelyn I need to see a few of those satchels that Marc is doing
in the pony.
提醒约瑟琳,我要看看马克在手抄里面的背包
And then tell Simone I'll takeJackie if Maggie isn't available.
高速西蒙如果杰茜没空就用麦吉
-Did Demarchelier confirm? -D-Did D-Demarchel…
-迪马休里耶确认了没? -迪,迪马休里耶~
Demarchelier. Did he… Get him on the phone.
迪马休里耶。 他~ -打电话给他
Uh, o… okay.
呃,好的
-And, Emily? -Yes?
-还有,艾米莉?-是的?
That's all.
就这样
It's just the cavalier disregard for clear directions…
这只是不符合~
[Chattering Continues]
Do you have Demarchelier?
联络上迪马休里耶了吗?
Uh, Demarchelier.
呃,迪马休里耶
-[Groans] Leave it. -Do you have…
-让开 -你有没有~
I have Miranda Priestly calling.
马林达·皮斯利的助理
I have Patrick!
帕特里克在线
Uh, no, she called me in there and-and then she asked me about Pier 59.
哦,她叫我进去, 还有什么59号码头
And there was something about Simone, Frankie, someone else.
还有关于西蒙,弗兰克, 还有谁
And, um, she needs skirts from Calvin Klein.
她要CK的裙子
And, uh, there was something about a pony.
还有关于什么小马
-Did she say which skirts? -No. No.
-她说要什么裙子了吗? -没有
-Did she say what kind? Color, shape, fabric? -I tried to ask her.



-她说是什么款式的,颜色,形状,材料? -我试着问过了。
You may never ask Miranda anything.
你永远不能问马林达任何问题
Right. I will deal with all of this, and you will go to Calvin Klein.
好,我处理其他事,你去CK
Eh… Me?
呃~我?
Oh, I'm sorry. Do you have some prior commitment?
不好意思, 你好有其他要事吗?
Some hideous skirt convention you have to go to?
要去“恶心裙子讨论会”吗?
Uh…
-[Cell Phone Rings] -Miranda?
-马林达?
-Are you there? -I'm about to walk in. I'll call you as soon as…
-到了没? -我正要进去,会马上打
[Line Clicks]
-[Cell Phone Rings] -[Horn Honks]
-Hello? Hi. -[Emily] While you're out…
-喂?你好 -你在外面~
Miranda needs you to go to Hermes to pick up 25 scarves we ordered for
her.
马林达要你去爱马仕拿她定的25条围巾
-Okay. -Cassidy forgot her homework at Dalton. Pick that up.
-好的 -卡西迪巴作业忘在达尔顿了,你去那里取
Miranda went out to meet with Meisel, and she will want more Starbucks
when she gets back.
马林达去见麦塞尔 ,她回来时要喝星巴克
-Hot Starbucks. -Can you just repeat that first…
-要热的 -你能重复第一件~
-[Dial Tone Hums] -Hello?
-喂?
Oh, my God.
哦,天哪
What took you so long?I have to pee!
怎么那么久?我要去厕所!
What?You haven't peed since I left?
什么?从我出去到现在你没去过厕所?
No, I haven't. I've been manning the desk, haven't I? I'm bursting.
没有。 我一直坚守岗位,快憋不住了!
Oh, hi.
哦,嗨
-[Snaps Fingers] -You do coat. Do the coat!
-你挂衣服,挂起来!



Okay.
好的
Now, be prepared. The run-through is at 12:30.
准备好,12点30分开始挑选
People are panicking, so the phone is going to be ringing off the hook.
大家都很惊慌,电话随时都会响起
The ru… The run-through. Right.
挑~挑拨, 好的
Yes. Editors bring in options for the shoot, and Miranda chooses.
没错,编辑们提出构思, 马琳达选出好的
She chooses every single thing in every single issue.
她要精心挑选每一个主题
Run- throughs are a huge deal. I don't know why you don't know that, Andrea.
挑选是件大事, 真不懂你怎么会不知道,安吉丽雅
-[Woman] Okay. Are you ready? -[Emily] Oh, hi, hi.
-好了,准备好没? -哦,嗨
Right. Well, after the loo, Serena and I are going to lunch.
好了,上完厕所, 塞莉娜和我去吃午饭
-This is her… the new me.
-Hi. 就是她,新的我 -嗨
-Told you. -I thought you were kidding.
-我说吧 -我以为你开玩笑
No, quite serious, yeah. I get 20 minutes for lunch, and you get 15.
当然不是, 我有20分钟吃午饭,你只有15分钟
-When I come back, you can go. -Okay.
-我回来后,你就能去了。 -好的
[Serena] What exactly is she wearing?
她穿的是什么啊?
[Giggling] Her grandmother's skirt.
她外婆的裙子
[Man Singing In French]
Hmm. Corn chowder.
嗯,粟米海鲜汤
That's an interesting choice.
有趣的口味
You do know that cellulite is one of the main ingredients in corn chowder.
你知道这里面有很多脂肪
[Man Singing In French Continues]
So none of the girls here eat anything?
那这里的女孩都不吃东西?
Not since two became the new four and zero became the new two.
自从2号变成4号还有0号变成2号,就不吃了
-Well, I'm a six. -Which is the new 14.
-我是6号 -那就要变成14号了



Oh. Shoot.
哦,该死
Oh, never mind. I'm sure you have plenty more polyblend where that came
from.
哦,没关系,你一定还有很多其他化纤衣服
-[Cash Register Clicking] -Okay. You think my clothes are hideous.
-你觉得我的衣服难看?
I get it.
我知道了
But, you know, I'm not going to be in fashion forever…
但,你知道我不会一直留在时尚界
so I don't see the point of changing everything about myself just because
I have this job.
我不想为了这工作而改变自己
Yes, that's true.
真是说对了
That's really what this multibillion-dollar industry is all about anyway,
isn't it?
这个值好几亿的产业就只关心一件事,对不对?
-Inner beauty. -[Cell Phone Rings]
-内在美
Hello.

Right. Come on.
好,快来
-Miranda's pushed the run-through up a half an hour. -Mmm!
-马琳达提前半小时开始了选拔
-She's always 15 minutes early. -Which means?
-她通常都早到15分钟 -意思是?
-You're already late. Come. -Shoot!
-你迟到了,来 -该死
Excuse me.
借过
-[Bell Dings] -Mr. Ravitz.
-拉威兹先生
Nigel.
奈杰尔
-Issue going well? -Oh, yes. Our best September ever.
-工作顺利吗? -哦,是的,至今最成功的九月
Great. Heard Miranda killed autumn jackets and pulled up the Sedona shoot.
很好,听说马琳达取消秋季皮夹克,选了塞多纳风景照
What's that costing me?
那要花掉我多少钱?
About 300,000.



大概30万

Must have been some lousy jackets.
那些夹克肯定发霉了
-Irv Ravitz. -Oh, I'm sorry.
-俄弗·拉威兹-哦,对不起
This is Andy Sachs, Miranda's new assistant.
这位是安迪·塞克斯 ,马琳达的心助理
Congratulations, young lady.
恭喜你,年轻人
A million girls would kill for that job.
女生会为这工作发疯的
Bye-bye.
再见
-Hmm? -Chairman of Elias-Clarke, Irv Ravitz.
-艾丽雅克·克拉克的总裁,俄弗·拉威兹
You know what they say?Tiny man, huge ego.
知道别人怎么说他?小个子大野心
No. And I've seen all this before.
不行,都过时了
Theyskens is trying to reinvent the drop waist, so actually it's…
塞斯肯斯是这重新引进露背款式,所以~~~
-Where are all the other dresses? -We have some right here.
-其他裙子呢? -这里有一些
-Stand, watch and listen. -And I think it can be very interesting…
-站着,边看边听 -我认为这样很时髦
No. No, I just… It's just baffling to me.
不,不,我~~~~ 真搞不懂
Why is it so impossible to put together a decent run-through?
为什么做个顺利的挑选会这么难?
You people have had hours and hours to prepare. It's just so confusing
to me.
你们有这么多时间准备,真让我搞不懂
Where are the advertisers?
广告部的人呢?
-We have some pieces from Banana Republic. -We need more, don't we?
-我们从巴纳纳拿来这些 –我们还需要更多,是吗
-Oh. This is… This might be… What do you think of… -Yeah.
-哦,这个,这个可以~~你们觉得呢? -是啊
Well, you know me.
哦,你知道我这人
Give me a full ballerina skirt and a hint of saloon and I'm on board.
一条芭蕾舞裙加一点造型 我绝对赞成
-But do you think it's too much like… -Like the Lacroix from July?



-你不觉得有点太~ -像七月的卡奎

I thought that, but no, not with the right accessories. It should work.
我想过,但只要找对饰品, 我就觉得能行
Where are the belts for this dre… Why is no one ready?
这裙子的腰带呢? 就不能都准备好吗?
Here. It's a tough call.
这里,但有点麻烦
-They're so different. -[Miranda] Hmm.
-该挑哪个?
[Snorts, Chuckles]
Something funny?
很好笑吗?
No. No, no. Nothing's…
不,不,没什么
You know, it's just that both those belts look exactly the same to me.
只是,这两条腰带几乎一模一样
You know, I'm still learning about this stuff and, uh…
其实,我还在学这东西,呃~

这~~~东西?
Oh. Okay. I see.
好了,我知道了
You think this has nothing to do with you.
你觉得这个你无关?
You go to your closet…
你去自己的衣橱
and you select… I don't know… that lumpy blue sweater, for instance…
选择~ 我不知道~~ 比如你那松垮的蓝色绒线衫
because you're trying to tell the world that you take yourself too
seriously…
侍者告诉世人你的人生重要到
to care about what you put on your back.
你无法关心自己的穿着
But what you don't know is that that sweater is not just blue.
但你要知道拿衣服不仅仅是蓝色
It's not turquoise. It's not lapis.
不是绿色,也不是青色
It's actually cerulean.
而是天蓝色
And you're also blithely unaware of the fact…
你也随意忽视很多
that in 2002, Oscar de la Renta did a collection of cerulean gowns.
像奥斯卡·德拉伦塔在2002年设计过一系列天蓝色的晚礼服



And then I think it was Yves Saint Laurent… wasrt it…
然后,我估计是圣罗兰~~是吗?
who showed cerulean military jackets?
设计出天蓝色的军式夹克衫
-I think we need a jacket here. -Mmm.
-我认为还需要件外套 -嗯
And then cerulean quickly showed up in the collections of eight different
designers.
之后天蓝色就成了其他8位不同设计师的最爱
And then it, uh, filtered down through the department stores…
然后放入其名下的商店
and then trickled on down into some tragic Casual Corner…
最后慢慢渗入可悲的CC
where you, no doubt, fished it out of some clearance bin.
才让你从她们的打折货种淘到
However, that blue represents millions of dollars…
总之,那蓝色值几千万
and countless jobs…
和数不尽的心血
and it's sort of comical how you think that you've made a choice…
滑稽的是,你以为是你选择了这个颜色
that exempts you from the fashion industry…
让自己远离时尚界
when, in fact…
事实却是
you're wearing a sweater that was selected for you by the people in this
room…
这屋子里的人帮你从一堆衣服里
from a pile of stuff.
选了这件绒线衫
So then I said,
然后说“不,我看不出有这两条
between the two absolutely identical belts'
完全相同的腰带有何区别”
and you should have seen the look she gave me!
你该看看她当时给我的眼神
I thought the flesh was gonna melt off her face.
还以为她脸上的肉要化了一样
-[Chuckles] -It's not funny.
-这不好笑
She's not happy unless everyone around her is panicked, nauseous or
suicidal.
要看到别人不安,恶心或者自杀,他才会开心
And the Clackers just worship her.



还有哪些嘎嗒子却崇拜她

-The who? -They call them Clackers.
-什么子? -她们叫嘎嗒子
The sound that their stilettos make in the marble lobby.
高跟鞋接触大理石地面的生意
It's like,
就像“噶哒,噶哒,噶哒,噶哒”
[Groans] And they all act like they're curing cancer or something.
她们的样子好像去医癌症似的
[Chuckling] The amount of time and energy…
还费很大功夫和时间在
that these people spend on these insignificant, minute details, and for
what?
不重要的回忆细节上,然后呢?
So that tomorrow they can spend another $$300,000 reshooting something…
第二天他们就能再花30万重新拍照片
that was probably fine to begin with…
或许对不需要哪些东西的人来说
to sell people things they don't need!
这好像不算什么
God!
天呢
-I'm not even hungry anymore. -What?
-我气饱了 -什么?
-That is why those girls are so skinny. -Oh. No, no, no.
-怪不得那些女孩那么瘦 -哦,不,不
Give me that. There's, like, eight dollars ofJarlsberg in there.
给我,里面还有8美金的干酪呢
[Sighs] You know what?
你知道吗?
I just have to stick it out for a year. One year.
我只要忍一年,一年
And then I can do what I came to New York to do.
之后就能做我来纽约该做的事
But I can't let Miranda get to me. I won't.
我绝不能输给马琳达, 绝不会
Easy there, tiger.
别太勉强了
-Oh, good morning, Miranda. -Get me Isaac.
-哦,早上好,马琳达 -接通埃塞克
I don't see my breakfast here. Are my eggs here? Where are my eggs?
我没见着我的早饭 鸡蛋呢?我要的鸡蛋呢?
Excuse me!



借过!

Pick up the Polaroids from the lingerie shoot.
去内衣设计那儿取偏光板
Have the brakes checked on my car.
去检修刹车
-[Truck Horn Honking] -[Gasps]
Where's that piece of paper I had in my hand yesterday morning?
我昨天早上拿到的那文件呢?
The girls need new surfboards or boogie boards or something for spring
break.
双胞胎需要新的冲浪板或者趴板,总之寒假用
-Hello. -The twins also need flip-flops.
-喂? -她们还要沙滩拖鞋
-Ow! -Oh, my gosh!
-啊!-哦,天哪
Pick up my shoes from Blahnik, and then go get Patricia.
去布朗尼克去我的鞋,然后去接派奇特
-Who's that? -Good girl! Good girl! Good girl!
-她是谁? -好孩子!好孩子!
Get me that little table that I liked at that store on Madison.
去买我在曼蒂森看中的那张小圆桌
Get us a reservation for dinner tonight at that place that got the good
review.
为今晚晚餐定一家评价好的餐馆
-Get me Isaac. -Thirty-six thank-you notes delivered today.
-接通埃塞克 -寄出36份感谢信
-Where is everyone? -Why is no one working?
-人都去哪儿了? -为什么没人再工作?
[Miranda's Voice Overlapping]
Get me Demarchelier.
接通迪马休里耶
I have Miranda Priestly calling for… Okay.
马琳达·皮斯利的助手,好的
I have Patrick.
帕特里克在线
[Sighs] Thank God it's Friday, right?
谢天谢地,星期五了
At least Miranda will be in Miami, so we don't have to be on call this
weekend.
马琳达会在迈阿密,这周末不用歹命了
You know, my dad's coming in from Ohio.
我父亲从俄亥俄州来看我
Yeah, we're gonna go out to dinner, maybe see Chicago.



我们出去吃饭,可能去看《芝加哥》

You doing anything fun this weekend?
这周末有打算没?
Yes.
是的
[Piano]
[Andy] Yeah, Nate said it was great.
是啊,内特说得很好
He actually… He applied here, but they wanted someone with more
experience.
他其实应聘过这里,但他们需要经验丰富的
-Here. -Huh? What's this?
-给 -嗯?是什么?
I don't want you to get behind on your rent.
我不想你拖房租
-Dad, how did you… -It's…
-爸,你怎么~ -只是~~
I'm gonna kill Mom. [Chuckles]
我要掐我妈
Dad, thank you.
谢谢你,爸爸
Mm-hmm.
-It's really good to see you. -You too, honey.
-真高兴见到你 -我也是,宝贝
So, you want to start grilling me now…
你想现在就说正题呢~
or should we wait till after dinner?
还是等吃完饭了后?
I thought I'd let you at least enjoy the bread basket first.
我想让你吃了早饭再说
No, no, no. It's okay. Go right ahead.
不,不,没关系,现在说吧
We're just a little worried, honey.
我们只是很担心你,宝贝
We get e-mails from you at your office at 2:00 a.m.
我们凌晨两点收到你的电邮
Your pay is terrible. You don't get to write anything.
工资低,有不参与文笔工作
Hey, that's not fair.
嘿,这么说不公平
I wrote those e-mails.
我有写那些电邮



I'm just trying to understand why someone who got accepted to Stanford
Law…
我试着了解被斯坦福法律系接受的人~
turns it down to be a journalist, and now you're not even doing that.
为什么会想做记者,更何况你现在还不算是记者
Dad, you have to trust me.
爸,你要相信我
Being Miranda's assistant opens a lot of doors.
做马琳达的助理就不用愁将来了
Emily is going to Paris with Miranda in a few months…
艾米莉要和马琳达去巴黎几个月
and she's gonna meet editors and writers from every important magazine.
她会遇到著名杂志社的编辑和作者
And in a year, that could be me.
再过一年,我也能去了
-All right? -Mm-hmm.
-好吗? -嗯
Dad, I swear, this is my break.
爸,我发誓,这是我的转折点
-This is my… my chance. -[Cell Phone Ringing]
-这是我的~~~机遇
This is my boss.
是我老板
-I'm sorry, Dad. I have to take this. -Take it. Take it.
-爸,对不起,我得接着电话 -接吧,接吧
-Hello. Miranda? -My flight has been canceled.
-你好,马琳达 -我的班机取消了
It's some absurd weather problem.
因为什么荒谬的天气原因
I need to get home tonight. The twins have a recital tomorrow morning at
school.
我要今晚回家,双胞胎明天要在学校演独奏
-What? -At school!
-什么?-独奏!
-Absolutely. Let me see what I can do. -Good.
-好的,我来想办法 -很好
Hi. Um, I know this is totally last minute…
嗨,我知道事情紧急~
but I was hoping that you could maybe get a flight for my boss…
但我希望你今晚能帮我老板找架~
from Miami to New York tonight?
从迈阿密飞往纽约的飞机
Uh…
-[Dad] It's right here. Thank you. -[Andy] Yeah, any kind ofjet.



-就这里,谢谢 -是,喷气式飞机
-From Miami to New York. -Thank you.
-从迈阿密飞往纽约 -谢谢
-Yup, I need it tonight. I need it… -Ow!
-是的,今晚就要,我要 -哦!
-I thought you were going out the other… -Sweetie! No.
-我以为你从那边出来 -亲爱的,我没有
-It's over here, honey. -Tonight.
-在这里,亲爱的 -今晚
Hi. I'm trying to get a flight tonight… for tonight… from Miami to New
York.
嗨,我要今晚的飞机~今晚~迈阿密到纽约
Yes, I know there's a hurricane.
是,我知道有暴风
Nothing is flying out?What do you mean, nothing is flying out?
都飞不出去?什么叫都飞不出去?
It's for Miranda Priestly, and I know that she's a client of yours.
是马琳达·皮斯利的要求,他是你们的客户
Yes. Yes, hi. I need a jet tonight from Miami to New York.
是,是,我要一架迈阿密去纽约的飞机
Yeah. Sorry. Hold on. Hello? Miranda, hi.
是,对不起,等一下 喂?马琳达
I'm trying to get you a flight, but no one is flying out because of the
weather.
我在尽力给你找飞机,但因天气原因,飞机都飞不了
Please. It's just… I don't know… drizzling.
拜托,这只是~我不知道~毛毛雨
-[Thunderclap] -Someone must be getting out.
-总有人要出去
Call Donatella. Get her jet.
打电话给多纳特拉,让她找
Call everybody else that we know that has a jet. Irv?
找所有社交圈里有飞机的人,俄弗?
Call every… This is your responsibi… This is yourjob.
打给~~这是你的职责 ,你的工作
Get me home.
让我回家
Oh, my God! She's going to murder me.
哦,天呢,她会杀了我
What does she want you to do, call the National Guard and have her airlifted
out of there?
她要你怎么办?叫民警队去援救她?
Of course not. Could I do that?
当然不是,能打给民警队吗?



Come on.


Come on.
我们走
The girls' recital was absolutely wonderful.
她们的独奏太精彩了
They played Rachmaninoff. Everyone loved it.
选了拉科曼尼诺夫的作品。 所有人都说好
Everyone except me…
除了我
because, sadly, I was not there.
因为, 不幸地,我不在场
Miranda, I'm so sorry.
马琳达,我很抱歉
Do you know why I hired you?
你知道我为什么雇你?
I always hire the same girl…
我总是雇类似的女孩子
stylish, slender, of course…
时髦,苗条,当然还有
worships the magazine.
崇拜这本杂志
But so often, they turn out to be…
但总是,她们变得
I don't know… disappointing and, um…
我不知道~ 让人失望~~~
stupid.
变得愚蠢
So you, with that impressive resume…
而你,有漂亮的简历
and the big speech about your so-called work ethic…
还有夸夸其谈地说自己是工作狂
I, um… I thought you would be different.
我~~~ 我以为你会不一样
I said to myself, go ahead.
我对自己说,去吧
Take a chance.
抓住机会
Hire the smart, fat girl.
雇一个聪明的胖女孩
[Clears Throat] I had hope.
我有过希望
My God. I live on it.



天呢,希望是我的动力
Anyway, you ended up disappointing me more than, um…
总之,你却比任何其他蠢女孩
more than any of the other silly girls.
都要来得更让人失望
Um, I really did everything I could think of.
我真的做了我能做的
-Uh… -That's all.
-就这样
Excuse me! Where do you think you're going?
站住!你要去哪儿?
She hates me, Nigel.
她恨我,奈杰尔
And that's my problem because…
这跟我有关~~~?
Oh, wait. No, it's not my problem.
哦,等等,这跟我没关系
I don't know what else I can do because if I do something right, it's
unacknowledged.
我不知道还能怎么做,事情做对了,好像应该的
She doesn't even say thank you.
她连谢谢都不说
But if I do something wrong, she is vicious.
但如果事情做错了,她就是巫婆
-So quit. -What?
-辞职好了 –什么?
-Quit. -Quit?
-辞职 -辞职?
I can get another girl to take your job in five minutes… one who really
wants it.
我可以在5分钟内找到一个非常想要这工作的女孩顶替你
No, I don't want to quit. That's not fair.
不,我不要辞职 这不公平
But, you know, I'm just saying that I would just like a little credit…
我只是说, 我想要为自己的努力
for the fact that I'm killing myself trying.
赢得些奖励
Andy, be serious.
安迪,现实点
You are not trying.
你根本没在努力
-You are whining. -L…
-你在抱怨
What is it that you want me to say to you, huh?



你希望我对你说什么?
Do you want me to say,
Poor Andy
要我说“真可怜,马琳达又欺负你了,可怜的安迪”
Hmm? Wake up, six.
是吗?醒醒,6号女生
She's just doing herjob.
她只是做她的工作
Don't you know that you are working at the place…
你不知道你工作的
that published some of the greatest artists of the century?
是一个出版全世界最好的艺术家的作品?
Halston, Lagerfeld, de la Renta.
豪斯顿,拉格菲尔德,德拉伦塔
And what they did, what they created…
他们的作品,创作
was greater than art because you live your life in it.
比艺术更伟大,因为那艺术就在你的生活中
Well, not you, obviously, but some people.
哦,当然不包括你,但包括有不少人
You think this is just a magazine, hmm?
你以为这只是本杂志,对吗?
This is not just a magazine.
这不仅仅是杂志
This is a shining beacon of hope for…
这是希望的灯塔,指路给
oh, I don't know…
哦,我不知道
let's say a young boy growing up in Rhode Island with six brothers…
比方说一个男孩和六个兄弟,生活在罗德岛
pretending to go to soccer practice when he was really going to sewing
class…
假装参加足球训练,其实在上缝纫课
and reading Runway under the covers at night with a flashlight.
晚上在被窝里用手电筒看《天桥》
You have no idea how many legends have walked these halls.
你不知道这里员工的艰辛
And what's worse, you don't care.
更绝的是,你根本不在乎
Because this place, where so many people would die to work…
在这里,更多人是热爱这份工作
you only deign to work.
而你是被迫的
And you want to know why she doesn't kiss you on the forehead…



你还抱怨她为什么不亲吻你的额头
and give you a gold star on your homework at the end of the day.
每天给你的作业批的金色的五角星
Wake up, sweetheart.
醒醒吧,亲爱的
[Sighs]
-Okay. So I'm screwing it up. -Mmm.
-好吧,我搞砸了 -嗯
I don't want to.
我不想的
I just wish that I knew what I could do to…
我只希望自己知道该怎么做
-[Sighs] Nigel? -Hmm? –
奈杰尔?-嗯?
Nigel, Nigel.
奈杰尔,奈杰尔
No.
不行
I don't know what you expect me to do.
我不知道你要我做什么
There's nothing in this whole closet that'll fit a size six.
这里的衣服,6号穿不下的
I can guarantee you.
我向你保证
These are all sample sizes… two and four.
这里都是样品尺寸 2号和4号
-All right. We're doing this for you. And… -A poncho?
-好吧,这个给你, 还有 -披风?
You'll take what I give you and you'll like it.
你手下我给你的,你会喜欢的
-We're doing this Dolce for you. -Hmm!
-还有这个Docle -嗯!
And shoes.
还有鞋子
-Jimmy Choo's. -Hmm.
-吉米·周 -嗯
-Manolo Blahnik. -Wow.
-布朗尼克 -哇
Nancy Gonzalez. Love that.
南茜·港渣勒兹。我喜欢
Okay, Narciso Rodriguez. This we love.
娜西索·洛吉杰斯。 我们要这个
-Uh, it might fit. It might. -What?
-呃,或许合身。 -什么?



Okay. Now, Chanel. You're in desperate need of Chanel. Darling, shall we?
好了,现在 你非常需要香奈儿。 亲爱的,走吧
We have to get to the beauty department, and God knows how long that's
going to take.
我们还要去美容部,老天知道那要多久才够
[Groans]
I mean, I have no idea why Miranda hired her.
我不知道为什么马琳达雇佣了她
Me neither. The other day, we were in the beauty department.
我也是。 有天沃恩子美容部
She held up the Shu Uemura eyelash curler and said,
她拿起植村秀的眉毛卷毛器,她问:“这是什么?”
[Laughing]
I just knew from the moment I saw her…
从第一次看到她我就知道~~~~
she was going to be a complete and utter disas…
她会是个大祸害
-[Phone Rings] -Miranda Priestly's office.
-马琳达·皮斯利办公室
No, actually, she's not available, but I'll leave word.
不, 她现在没空, 要留口信吗?
Okay, thanks. Bye. [Clears Throat]
好的,谢谢,再见
How did… [Grunts]
怎么可能~~~
-Are you wearing the… -The Chanel boots?
-你穿的是~~~ -香奈儿的靴子?
Yeah, I am.
没错
You look good.
你看上去不错
-Oh, God. -What?
-哦,天哪。-怎么了?
-She does. -Oh, shut up, Serena.
-是真的。 -哦,闭嘴,赛琳娜
-See you guys tomorrow. -Good night, man. Take it easy.
-明天见 -晚安,伙计,当心点
Take care of that finger, huh?
当心那手指
So, what do you think?
你觉得怎么样?
Uh, I think we better get out of here…
我想我们该在我女友看到我之前快点离开这里
before my girlfriend sees me.



[Woman Singing]
-[Continues] -[Horn Honking]
[Continues]
[Cell Phone Rings]
-[Continues] -The gowns are fabulous.
-礼服很漂亮
Mm-hmm. We're gonna use the burgundy.
-还要勃垦的红酒
-Gotta find… -[Ends]
-得去找
So we spent a whole semester on potatoes alone.
我们整个学期都只吃土豆
You take the fry and squeeze it.
拿起薯条捏一下
-See how firm that is? -Hey. Oh, I'm so sorry I'm late.
-能吃的饱吗? -嘿,抱歉我迟到了
There was a crisis in the accessories department.
首饰部出了点状况
-I needed to find a python headband. -Pythors hot right now.
-我得找条蛇皮头巾 -蛇皮现在火着呢
I have exciting presents for all of you.
我有很棒的礼物送给你们
Are you ready?
准备好了没?
-What is that? -It's a Bang & Olufsen phone.
-那是什么? -B&Q的电话
Charlie Rose sent it to Miranda for her birthday.
查理·罗斯送给马琳达的生日礼物
I looked it up on line. It's $$1,100.
我上网查了一下,一千一百美金
-What? -Wow!
-什么?厉害!
And I have some products. Mason Pearson hairbrushes.
-还有一些其他产品 梅森·皮尔森的梳子
-A little Clinique. -Ooh!
-一些倩碧 -哦!
-Oh, damn it. I love your job. -Oh! One more.
-该死。 我爱死你的工作了 –哦!还有一个
-A little thing. -[Gasps]
-小小的惊喜
-Do you want it? You want… Oh. -Gimme! Gimme, gimme, gimme!
-你想要吗? 想要~~~~~ 哦,-给我!给我!给我给我
-I think she likes it. -Oh, my God! This is the new MarcJacobs!
-看样子她想要。 -哦,我的天!这是新的MJ



This is sold out everywhere. Where did you get this?
到处都售空了。 你怎么得到的?
Miranda didn't want it, so…
马琳达不想要这个, 所以~~
No, no, no, no, no. This bag is, like, $$1,900. I cannot take this from
you. 不不不不不, 这包值一千九百美金 我不能手下

-[Cackles] -Yeah, you can.
-你当然可以
-Why do women need so many bags? -Shut up.
-女人要这么多包做什么? -闭嘴
You have one. You put all your junk in it, and that's it. You're done.
一个包就够了,把东西都放进去不就得了
Fashion is not about utility.
时尚不是实惠
An accessory is merely a piece of iconography…
装饰品代表了你的形象
used to express individual identity.
展示你的个性
-Oh! And it's pretty. -That too.
-哦,太漂亮了 -那个也是
Yeah. But the thing is, it turns out there is more to Runway than just
fancy purses.
没错,而且《天桥》不仅仅代表漂亮包包
Look, here's an essay byJay Mclnerney, a piece byJoan Didion.
看,这里有杰·麦克伦尼的评论, 裘安迪迪昂的作品
Even an interview with Christiane Amanpour.
还有对克里斯蒂昂·阿曼普的采访
-Looks like someone's been drinking the Kool-Aid. -What do you…
-某人嘴巴抹了蜜了 -你怎么了
-[Cell Phone Ringing] -I got it. It's… Yup, the Dragon Lady.
-在我这里 是~·~是女魔头
-Oh, Miranda? -Let me talk to her.
-哦,马琳达? 让我来接。-
-I need that. -I'll tell her to get her own scrambled eggs.
-我要接。 -我告诉她让她自己做炒鸡蛋
Lily, no, no, no! Put that thing up! I was gonna answer it!
莉莉,别! 把那东西翻起来! 我要接那电话
It's gonna make… Give me the… phone.
不然会~~~ 把手机给我
[Beeps]
-[Sputters] -Hi, Miranda.
-你好,马琳达
-Ooh. Shh. -Absolutely.



-没问题

-Shh! -Uh-huh. I'm leaving right now.
-我现在就去
You know, you guys didn't have to be such assholes.
你们几个有必要这么混账吗?
[Rings]
[Electronica]
[Woman Singing]
Um, excuse me.
呃,对不起
I'm looking forJames Holt.
我找詹姆士·浩特
Um, that's him right there.
他就在那里
-Oh. Thanks. -No problem.
-哦,谢谢。 -没关系。
-I put my stuff out there, and I pray they improve. -Really?
-我把东西放那儿,祈祷他们能有所改善。 -是吗?
-Excuse me. -Hi.
-打扰了 -嗨
I'm Andy. I'm picking up for Miranda Priestly.
我是安迪,我来去马琳达·皮斯利的东西
Oh, yes. You must be the new Emily.
哦,是的。你就是新的艾米莉
-[Chuckling] -Nice to meet you.
-很高兴认识你。
-Oh, let me see that bag. Very, very nice. -Ah.
-让我看看那包。 非常漂亮
Distressed, studded leather, pieced by hand, finished with a metallic
fringe.
仿旧款式, 铁钉皮革, 手工缝合, 金属撬边
[Clicks Tongue] Very nice, indeed. Who made that fantastic thing?
真是漂亮极了, 这是哪位大师的杰作?
You.

Hmm. Duh. This way.
嗯,没错。 这边请
Uh, here we go.

It's a sketch of Miranda's dress for the benefit.
是马琳达参加慈善会穿的连衣裙的草图
Also the centerpiece of my spring collection. Top secret stuff.
还有我春季设计的主打款式, 高度机密



-I'll guard it with my life. -Please do.
-我会誓死护驾。 -拜托了

Come on. You're working for Miranda Priestly now.
来,你现在为马琳达·皮斯利工作
You must be in desperate need of hard liquor.
你肯定需要一杯酒
Excuse us, girls.
借过
She'll have the punch.
给她一杯鸡尾酒
[Clears Throat]
It's deadly. Have fun.
会让你神魂颠倒,好好享受
[Man Singing]
-He's right, you know. -Hmm?
-他说的没错 -什么?
The punch. I drank it atJames's last party.
鸡尾酒。 我在詹姆斯上次聚会时喝过
I woke up in Hoboken wearing nothing but a poncho and a cowboy hat.
在赫伯肯醒来时只穿了斗篷和牛仔帽
-[Continues] -Ah. Well.
-Wise. -[Chuckling]
-很明智
-Uh, hi. -Christian Thompson.
-你好 -克里斯丁·汤普森
Christian Thompson?You're kidding.
克里斯丁·汤普森?开玩笑
No, you're… You write for, like, every magazine I love.
不是,你~~~~你写的杂志我都很喜欢
I actually… I reviewed your collection of essays for my college
newspaper.
事实上,我看过你在大学时写的稿子
Did you mention my good looks and my killer charm?
有没有说我一表人才,英俊潇洒?
-No, but… -What do you do?
-没有,但~~-你现在做什么?
Oh. Well, I want to work for somewhere like The New Yorker or Vanity Fair.
哦,我想在其他地方工作, 像《纽约人》或者《都市生活》
-I am a writer too. -Is that right?
-我也是个作家。 -是吗?
-Mm-hmm. -I should read your stuff. Why don't you send it over?
-嗯, -我该看看你写的, 不如你寄些过来给我
Yeah? 行吗?



That would be… Thank you. That would be great. [Giggling]
那真是~~~ 谢谢, 真是太好了
But actually, right now, I'm working as Miranda Priestly's assistant.
不过现在,我是马琳达·皮斯利的助理
Oh, you're kidding. Well, that's too bad.
你开玩笑,那样太糟糕了
That's… Whoa. You'll never survive Miranda.
那~~~天哪 你肯定吃不消马琳达
-Excuse me? -Well, you seem nice, smart.
-为什么? -你看上去很善良,聪明
You can't do that job.
你不适合那工作
Gotta go.
我得走了
Okay.
好吧
Well, it was very, very nice to meet you, Miranda girl.
非常非常荣幸认识你, 马琳达女孩
Emily?
艾米莉?
Call James Holt's office. Tell them I want to move the preview up to today
at 12:30.
给詹姆斯·浩特办公室打电话,说预展提前到今天12点30
Tell everybody else. Be ready to leave in half an hour.
告诉大家, 半小时内准备好
But we're not expected until Tuesday. Did she say why?
但那应该在周二, 她说为什么了吗?
Yes. Yeah, she explained every detail of her decision making.
是的,关于她的决定,她解释了所有的细节
And then we brushed each other's hair and gabbed about American Idol.
然后我们互相给对方梳头,向美国偶像一样说话
I see your point.
我等你给你的意思了
-[Andy] what's a preview anyway? -Good morning, Miranda.
- 预展到底是什么? -早上好,马琳达
[Nigel] Miranda insists upon seeing all the designers'collections…
马琳达坚持要求在会展前看所有设计师的作品
before they show them.
-Great to see you. -Hello, James.
-很高兴见到你 -你好,詹姆斯
-[Andy] And she tells them what she thinks? -[Nigel] In her way.
- 然后她把想法告诉对方? -用她特殊的方式

Uh, this season really began for me with a meditation…



这季度的设计理念起源于我对

on the intersection between East and west.
东西风格合并的构想
[Nigel] There's a scale. One nod is good. Two nods is very good.
有个判定的方法,点一次是好,点两次是非常好
There's only been one actual smile on record, and that was Tom Ford in
2001.
唯一一次微笑记录实在2001年的汤姆·福特展上
An obi belt.
和服腰带
[Nigel] She doesn't like it, she shakes her head.
如果不喜欢,他就摇头
This is the dress that we have designed specifically and exclusively for
you.
这是我们特地精心为您设计的晚装
[Nigel] Then, of course, there's the pursing of the lips.
当然, 如果她紧闭嘴唇
[Andy] Which means?
意思是?
[Nigel] Catastrophe.
大灾难
[Whispers] Just, uh… Just go.
走, 快走
-I just don't understand. I'm appalled. -It's absurd. Appalled.
-我就是不明白, 太可怕了。 -荒谬,还有可怕
-You deal with it. -I'll talk to him.
-你来解决。 -我会跟他谈的
So because she pursed her lips, he's gonna change his entire collection?
就因为她紧闭嘴唇, 他就要更换所有的设计?
You still don't get it, do you?
你还是不明白,是不是?
Her opinion is the only one that matters.
她的观点才是最重要的
-Call my husband and confirm dinner. -At Pastis? Done.
-打电话给我丈夫确认晚餐。 -帕斯蒂咖啡馆?已经订好了
And I'll need a change of clothes.
我还需要换身衣服
Well, I've already messengered your outfit over to the shoot.
我已经短信把您的衣服送去杂志社了
Fine. And, Andrea, I would like you to deliver the Book to my home tonight.
好的,安吉丽雅, 我想让你今晚把书送来
-Have Emily give you the key. -Mm-hmm.
-让艾米莉给你钥匙 -嗯



-Guard this with your life. -Of course.
-用生命来保管这个 -当然
You know, if I can deliver the Book, that means I must have done something
right.
哟是我能去松鼠, 一定是我有做对事了
I'm not a psycho.
我不是变态
Oh, and, you know, she called me Andrea?
哦,知道吗?她叫我安吉丽雅?
I mean, she didn't call me Emily, which is… Isn't that great?
她没叫我艾米莉, 这样~~~~是不是很棒?
Yeah, whoopee. Right.
是啊, 万岁
Now, it's very important that you do exactly what I'm about to tell you.
现在听好我要告诉你的每一句话
Oh. Okay.
哦,好的
[Emily] The Book is assembled by 10:00, 10:30…
10:00至10:30,书会被剪辑好
and you must wait around for it until then.
你必须一直等到书完成为止
You will be delivering Miranda's dry cleaning with the Book.
你将马琳达干洗的衣物和书一起送去
Now, the car will take you straight to Miranda's townouse.
司机会直接把你送去马琳达市中心的住处
You let yourself in.
你开门进去
Andrea. You do not talk to anyone.
安吉丽雅,你不能和任何人说话
Do not look at anyone.
谁也不要看
This is of the utmost importance. You must be invisible.
这是至关重要的, 你必须变隐形
-Do you understand? -Uh-huh.
-明白了吗? -嗯
You open the door and you walk across the foyer.
你打开门, 穿过门庭
You hang the dry cleaning in the closet across from the staircase.
把衣服挂在楼梯对面的衣橱里
-Uh… -And you leave the Book on the table with the flowers.
-呃~~~-再把书放在有花的桌子上
[Panting]
-Shit! -[Girl] It's that door to the left.
-该死 - 是左边那扇门



Okay.
好的
[Whispers] Thank you.
谢谢
-You can give the Book to us. -Shh. Which… Which table?
-你可以把书给我们 -嘘, 哪张桌子?
-It's okay. Come on up. -No, I can't. I can't.
-没关系,上来吧 -不,我不能上去
-What? It's okay. -Come on.
-什么? 没关系的 -来啊
-Yeah, come on. It's okay. -Please stop talking.
-是啊,来啊,没事的。 -拜托别说了
Or you can bring the Book upstairs. Emily does it all the time.
你可以把书带上来, 艾米莉经常这么做
She does? Right. She does, all the time.
有吗? 是啊, 她经常这样
Yeah? Okay.
是吗?好的
[Giggling]
[Miranda] what did you expect me to do, walk out in the middle of a cover
shoot?
你要我怎么做,在封面拍摄途中溜出来?
[Man] I rushed out of an investment committee meeting…
我从投资协会的会议中冲出来
and I sat there waiting for you for almost an hour.
坐在那里等了你近一个小时
I told you the cell phones didn't work. Nobody could get a signal out.
都说了手机没信号, 所有人都没信号
[Man] I knew what everyone in that restaurant was thinking…
我知道餐厅里的其他人怎么想~~~~
there he is, waiting for her again.
看他,又在等她
-Okay, okay! Okay, okay. -Oh, no. Shh!
-好,好!好,好。 -哦,不
It really wasrt that big a deal. I promise.
事情没那么严重, 我发誓
The twins said hello, so I said hello back.
双胞胎说你好, 我也说你好
-Then I went up the stairs to give her the Book and… -You went upstairs?
-然后我上楼给她书,然后~~ -你上楼了?
Oh, my God. Why didn't you just climb into bed with her and ask for a bedtime
story?
哦,天哪,你干脆去她床边让她念故事算了!
Okay, I made a mistake. I know.



信了,我知道错了

Andrea, you don't understand.
安吉丽雅,你不明白
If you get fired, that might jeopardize Paris for me.
如果你被炒,我就去不成巴黎了。
If that happens, I will search every Blimpie's in the tristate area until
I track you down.
真要是那样, 我会追杀你到天涯海角
She's gonna fire me?
她会解雇我?
I don't know. She's not happy.
我不知道, 她很不高兴
[Miranda] Andrea?
安吉丽雅?
[Snaps Fingers]
Miranda, about last night, I…
马琳达,关于昨晚,我~~~
I need the new Harry Potter book for the twins.
我要给双胞胎新的《哈利·波特》书
Okay. Okay. I'll go down to Barnes & Noble right now.
好的,好的, 我马上去书店买
Did you fall down and smack your little head on the pavement?
你在人行道摔伤脑袋了?
Not that I can recall.
我不记得有啊
We have all the published Harry Potter books. The twins want to know what
happens next.
我们有所有已经出版的《哈利·波特》,双胞胎想知道接下来会怎么样
You want the unpublished manuscript?
你要未出版的手稿?
We know everyone in publishing. It shouldn't be a problem, should it?
我们和众多出版界打交道, 这应该不是问题, 对吗?
And you can do anything, right?
你会尽你所能,对吗?
[Cell Phone Rings]
Yes, Bobbsey. I know, baby.
是的,小波波,我知道,宝贝
Mommy's working very hard to get it for you.
妈妈已经尽全力帮你去找了
She doesn't get it.
她是故意的
I could call frickirJ.K. Rowling herself. I'm not gonna get a copy of that
book.



就算有J·K·罗琳的电话,我也要不到那书

My girls are leaving on the train for their grandmother's at 4:00…
我的孩子会坐4点的火车去见她们外婆
so the book better be here no later than 3:00.
那书最晚要在3点弄到手
-Of course! -And I would like my steak here in 15 minutes.
-当然! -15分钟内准备好我的牛排
No problem! [Panting]
没问题!
Okay. I have four hours to get the impossible manuscript.
好了,4个小时内得到不可能得到的手稿
Smith & Wollensky's doesn't open until 11:30. How am I gonna get the steak?
SW牛排店11:30分才开门, 要去哪儿买牛排?
Okay. I will be back in 15 minutes.
好吧,我15分钟内回来
-Wish me luck! -No. Shart.
-祝我好运! -霉运送给你。
Yes, yes, yes, yes. I've been on hold. It's for Miranda Priestly.
是,是,是,是, 我还在, 这是马琳达·皮斯利的要求
It's very important.
非常重要
Yes, I know it's impossible to get…
是,我知道这不可能
but, well, I was wondering if you could make the impossible possible…
所以,我才问你是不是能将不可能变成可能
if that's at all possible. [Laughing]
那样可能的话
Yes, I'm calling about the Harry Potter manuscript.
是,我打电话询问《哈利·波特》的手稿
Uh, no. Unpublished.
哦,不,是未出版的。
Not a chance?
没门?
Tell her that it's for Miranda Priestly.
告诉她是马琳达·皮斯利要求的
'Cause I think it makes a difference.
能重新考虑吗?
Let me call you back.
我等会儿打给你
You probably don't remember me. We met atJames Holt's party.
你可能不记得我, 我们子詹姆斯·浩特的聚会上见过面
I'm Miranda Priestly's assistant. 我是马琳达·皮斯利的助手
The Harry Potter manuscript?Oh, you're kidding.



《哈利·波特》的手稿? 开玩笑吧

Uh, sorry to ask, but I'm desperate.
抱歉打扰, 但我也是穷途末路。
Just tell her it can't be done. You'll have to come up with a Plan
就跟她说不可能, 想其他办法
Well, this is Miranda Priestly we're talking about.
我们再说马琳达·皮斯利
There is no Plan
没有其他办法,只有一个办法
Is she back? Am I fired?
她回来了吗?我被炒了吗?
I rarely say this to people who aren't me…
我很少对我之外的人说这话~~~
but you have got to calm down.
但你得冷静下来
Bloody hell!
该死
Coat, bag.
外套,包
What's that? Oh, I don't want that. I'm having lunch with Irv.
那是什么? 我不要了 我和俄弗一起吃午餐
I'll be back at 3:00. I'd like my Starbucks waiting.
我会在3点回来, 那时要一杯星巴克的咖啡
Oh, and if you don't have that Harry Potter book by then…
哦,如果,到那时还没有《哈利·波特》的书
don't even bother coming back.
你就别回来了
[Phone Rings]
Hello.
喂,
Quit? Are you sure?
辞职?你确定?
I failed. She's gonna fire me anyway.
我完了,特肯定会炒了我
-I might as well beat her to the punch. -Wow.
-还不如先辞职算了 -哇
Andy, good for you. Congratulations. You're free.
安迪,干得好, 恭喜你, 你自由了
-Yeah. Well, listen, I'll call you later. -Okay.
-是啊, 我呆会儿再打给你 -好
-[Line Clicks, Phone Rings] -Hello.
-你好
I'm brilliant. No, really. 我是天才,真的



-Monuments should be erected in my honor. -You didn't.
-该为我立纪念碑 -不会吧
Oh, yes. A friend of a friend does the cover art…
是的, 一个朋友的朋友做封面设计
and she happens to have the manuscript.
她碰巧有那份手稿
Oh, no, 'cause that would mean that I actually did something right.
哦,不, 那意味着我还是做对了一件事了
[Chuckles] It's just… Oh!
这真是~~~哦!
The thing is, Christian, I was just…
问题是,克里斯丁, 我只是~~~
Look, you want this thing, you better hurry. I'll meet you at the St. Regis.
你还想要那东西的话就快点 去圣理杰斯见我
-Excuse me. -[Horn Honks]
-借过
-Welcome to the St. Regis. May I assist you with anything? -Oh. Yes.
-欢迎来到升理杰斯。 能为您服务吗? -哦,是的
-Uh, I'm meeting someone at the King Cole Bar. -Right this way.
-我在科尔国王酒吧约了朋友 -这边请
Hi.

-You have one hour. -Thank you.
-你还有一个小时 -谢谢
One copy. What are my twins gonna do with that? Share?
一份手稿 双胞胎该怎么办? 一起看?
Oh, no, I made two copies…
哦,不,我已经做了2份
and had them covered, reset and bound so that they wouldn't look like
manuscripts.
装订好了,再做了封面,那样看起来就不像手稿了
This is an extra copy to have on file. You know, just in case.
这是备份拷贝, 以防万一
Well, where are these fabulous copies?I don't see them anywhere.
那些装订好的拷贝呢? 我怎么没看到?
[Whistle Blows]
[Andy] They're with the twins, on the train on the way to Grandma's.
双胞胎已经在去外婆家的火车上开始看了
Is there anything else I can do for you?
还有什么需要我做的吗?
Mm-mmm. That's all.
就这些吧
Okay.
好的



[Door Opens]

-Hey. -Hey. I went to Dean & Deluca.
-嘿,嘿 我去了迪恩德鲁卡超市
Man, they charge, like, five dollars a strawberry there.
天,那里的草莓居然要五块钱一颗
But I figure since you quit your job…
可是我想既然你辞职了
we should celebrate.
我们应该庆祝一下
-Listen, Nate. -Wait a minute.
-听着, 内特 -等等
You quit your job, but you're still working on the twins' science project?
你都已经辞职了,怎么还给双胞胎做手工?
Well, that's big of you.
你可真伟大
Okay, after we talked, I realized…
给你打完电话后, 我觉得~~~
it doesn't make sense throwing away all those months ofhard work.
都辛苦了好几个月,就这么放弃实在是不应该
I just had a moment of weakness, that's all.
不过是因为我的一念之差,所以
Yeah, well, either that, or your job sucks and your boss is a wacko.
是,是, 要不就是, 因为你喜欢糟糕的工作和变态的老板
All right. Whatever. It's your job.
好吧, 随便你, 这是你的工作
Nate.
内特
Come on.
别这样
I'm still the same person I was.
我还是原来的我
I still want the same things. Okay?
我想要的一直没变
-Mm-hmm. -I promise. Same Andy, better clothes.
-我保证, 内容不变, 只是包装更好
-[Giggles] -I like the old clothes.
-我比较恋旧
Really?
是吗?
Well, what about these necklaces?Do you like them?
那这些项链怎么样? 你喜欢吗?
No? And this dress, it's new.
不?那这裙子呢? 这可是新的



Eh.

Well, there is one other thing that's new…
这个,还有样东西也是新的
that I thought you might like.
我觉得你可能会喜欢
But, uh… What about this?
不过~~~~ 这个怎么样?
You don't like it. I should better do…
你不喜欢。 我还是去做
No, no, no, no.
不,不,不
[Woman Singing]
[Ends]
Is this number two look?This is number two?
这是第二款造型吗? 这是第二款?
-Hi. -Hi. All right. Turn around for me, darling.
-嗨,嗨。好了, 转过来, 亲爱的
Oh, I get it. I get it. I get it.
噢,我懂了, 我懂了
The piece is called
这是拍那组“都市丛林”,对吧?
Yes, the modern woman unleashes the animal within to take on the big city.
是,现代女性通过释放内在的野性来征服城市
[Growls] Good. Go.
好了,去吧
[Sighs] Sometimes I can't believe I talk about this crap all day.
我每天都在说些不知所云的废话
-Bobby, come here. Let me see. -Oh, thank you.
-伯比, 过来, 让我看看 -谢谢你
-Make sure Miranda gets these as soon as possible. -Mm-hmm.
-尽快把这些样片送到马琳达手上 -嗯
And tell her I switched in the Dior for the Rocha.
告诉她我让罗沙改拍迪奥了
-Oh, great. Can't wait. -Excuse me.
-噢,真好, 迫不及待 -对不起
-Can we adjust the attitude? -I'm sorry.
-态度能不能好点? -对不起
-Don't make me feed you to one of the models. -I'm sorry.
-别跟那些模特一个德行 -对不起
It's a busy day.
今天太忙了
My personal life is hanging by a thread, that's all.
我的个人生活岌岌可危, 所以




Join the club. That's what happens when you start doing well at work,
darling.
彼此彼此, 亲爱的,这说明你的工作开始步入正轨了
Let me know when your whole life goes up in smoke.
等你的个人生活化为乌有的时候, 记得通知我一生
That means it's time for a promotion.
那说明你要被提拔了
No. All right, February, back of the issue.
不行,好了, 言归正传 ,二月号
Did anybody speak with Salma's people yet?
你们和萨尔玛联系过了吗?
Yes, but she'd rather do a summer cover because she has a movie coming
out.
有的,但她更想做夏季刊的封面,来配合她新拍的电影
No. Also, I'm pulling the Toobin piece on the Supreme Court women…
不行,还有,图比做的那篇,关于最高法院里的女性
woman.
不能跟上
And I need to see a new draft on that piece…
还有那篇关于选购整形手术医生
about shopping for a plastic surgeon… It's dull.
的文章要重写 太平淡了
And this layout for the winter wonderland spread.
还有这个“冬季奇境”折页的版面
Not wonderful yet.
一点都不奇
Oh, okay. L-I'll look at it.
好的,我再考虑一下
What about Testino?Where are we on that?
泰斯蒂诺怎么样? 进度如何?
Zac Posers doing some very sculptural suits.
扎克的追随者设计了一些雕塑感很强的衣服
So I suggested that, uh, Testino shoot them at the Noguchi Garden.
所以我建议让泰斯蒂诺在野口勇博物馆拍这组片
Perfect.
很好
Thank God somebody came to work today.
谢天谢地,还有人来上班
What about accessories for April?
四月的首饰版面呢?
One thought I had was enamel. Um, bangles, pendants, earrings.
我觉得可以考虑做一辑配饰,想手镯、吊坠、耳环之类
No. We did that two years ago. What else?



不行,那个两年前出过一次, 还有什么?
Um, well, they're showing a lot of florals right now, so I was thinking…
这个,现在印花图案比较流行, 所以我在想
Florals? For spring? Groundbreaking.
印花?春季拍印花?真有创意
But we thought about shooting them in an industrial space.
但我们想可以选一个工厂厂房来拍
We thought the contrast between the femininity of the florals…
通过印花图案的柔弱与硬朗、粗糙环境的对比
and the more raw, rough-hewn background would create this wonderful
tension between…
可以促使一种特殊的张力在~~~
-No. -Which?
-不 -在~~~
-[Emily Coughing] -No.
-不行
[Coughing Continues]
Does anybody else have anything I can possibly use?
你们能拿一点我能用的东西出来吗?
Antibacterial wipes perhaps?
或者是消毒纸巾?
[Groans]
-How's the cold doing? -Like death warmed up actually.
-感冒怎么样了? -死去活来
[Sniffles] Oh, God.
噢,上帝
It's the benefit tonight. I've been looking forward to it for months.
今晚是慈善玩会, 我已经盼了好几月了
I refuse to be sick. I'm wearing Valentino, for crying out loud.
我不能生病, 我要穿华伦天奴, 气死我了
Right. Well, everybody will be leaving soon to get ready…
对, 过会儿所有人都该去做准备了~~~
so I suggest you go and drop Miranda's Fendi bag off at the showroom…
我建议你去把马琳达的芬迪包拿到陈列室
and then I suppose you can just go home.
然后就没你什么事了
Yeah? Oh, well, that is great. Perfect actually.
是吗?噢,太好了,简直是完美
I need to get to Magnolia Bakery before it closes. It's Nate's birthday
tonight.
我得赶紧去木兰面包房, 今天是内特的生日
So we're, uh, having a little party for him.
我们要给他办个生日会
Yeah, I'm hearing this, and I wanna hear this.



是,真是啰嗦, 还不闭嘴走人
Bye.

I love my job. I love my job. I love my job.
我热爱我的工作~~~~~~
[Chattering]
[Cell Phone Rings]
Hello?
喂?
Before the benefit tonight, I need to make sure…
在今晚的慈善晚会开始前, 我要求~~~
that you're both fully prepped on the guest list.
你们两个都背好来宾名单
But I thought that only the first assistant went to the benefit.
可我认为只有首席助理才能去慈善晚会
Only when the first assistant hasn't decided to become…
前提是第一助理没有变成~~~
an incubus of viral plague.
一个可怕的病原体
You'll come and help Emily.
你去帮艾米莉的忙
-That's all. -Right.
-就这样 -好吧
These are all of the guests. Miranda invites everyone.
这是所有来宾, 马琳达把每个人都请来了
We have to make sure that they all think she knows exactly who they are.
我们必须确保让他们觉得马琳达清清楚楚的记得每一个人
And I've been studying for weeks.
我已经研究了好几个礼拜了
I have to learn all these by tonight?
我今晚就要把这一大本都记下来?
No, don't be silly, Andrea. These too.
不,别傻了, 安吉丽雅,两大本
Look, you better just start without me, okay?I'll get there as soon as
I can.
你们还是先开始吧,被等我了, 我会尽早赶回去
Andy, come on, it's his birth…
安迪,别啊, 这是他的生~~
Okay, but hurry.
好吧,不过快点
Oh, please, believe me, I will. This is the last thing that I wanna…
噢,拜托, 相信我, 我一定会,最不想做的就是~~~~
Ooh, I love that. Uh, I'll call you the second I'm leaving, okay?
噢, 我喜欢这个。我走时给你电话, 好吗?




-Will that fit me? -Oh, yeah.
-我能穿吗? -可以
A little Crisco and some fishing line, and we're in business.
弄点润滑油和鱼线, 一定能把你塞进去
[Sarcastic Chuckle]
[Woman Singing]
Well, nothing really. I mean, this is…
真的没什么, 我是说,这是~~~
I mean, really, this is the social event of the season.
我是说,这是这一季的一件社交大事
[Continues]
Oh, oh, my God. Andy, you look so chic.
噢,上帝,安迪, 你看起来很别致
Oh, thanks, Em. You look so thin.
哦,谢谢, 你看起来很瘦
-Do I? -Yeah.
-真的吗? -是的
Oh, it's for Paris. I'm on this new diet.
这都是为了巴黎, 我在进行一项新的节食方法
It's very effective. Well, I don't eat anything.
非常有效, 为什么都不吃
And then when I feel like I'm about to faint, I eat a cube of cheese.
当我觉得快要晕倒的时候, 我就吃一块奶酪
-Well, it's definitely working. -I know.
-效果真明显 -我知道
I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.
我的胃口才造成我的体重有增无减
[Man Singing]
[Ends]
That's John Folger, the new artistic director of the Chelsea Rep.
那是约翰·福尔杰, 切尔西剧团的新任艺术总监
-John, thanks for coming. -Hey there.
-约翰,谢谢你的到来 -你好
-[John] Oh, thank you. It's always nice seeing you. -Stop fidgeting.
-谢你才对, 每次见你都非常开心 -别乱晃
I'm sorry. I'm so late.
对不去, 我迟到太久了
Just deal with it. You have to be here.
别想了, 你必须在这里呆着
Emily, come here. 艾米莉,过来
Isn't thatJacqueline Follet from French Runway?
那是法国版天桥的杰奎琳·芙蕾吗?
Oh, my God, and Miranda hates her.



天哪! 马琳达讨厌她
She was supposed to arrive after Miranda left.
她应该在马琳达走了以后才出现的
-I didn't… Oh. -Yeah.
-我不~~~~ -是啊
-Miranda, fabulous event as always. -You broughtJacqueline.
-马琳达,真是一如既往的盛会啊 -你把杰奎琳带来了
-Surprise. -Quelle surprise.
-惊喜吧 -真是惊喜啊
Oh, wonderful. We're so happy you were able to come to our little
gathering.
太好了,你能来参加我们这个小聚会真是让人开心
Of course. I plan my whole year around this.
当然要来, 我今年都在为这个聚会作准备
Well, we're so grateful that you do.
你这么有心,真让我们感动
-Ciao. -Have you gotten my note?
-再见 -你收到我给你的信了吗?
Yes, I did. We'll discuss it on Wednesday.
受到了, 我礼拜三在讨论
-Yes, I agree. No business tonight. -Not tonight.
-好的,今晚不谈公事 -不谈公事
-Enjoy. -[Sniffles]
-玩得开心
Em.
Oh, thanks. Thanks.
噢,谢谢
Oh, um… Oh, my God. I just can't remember what his name is.
噢,上帝, 我记不起他的名字了
I just saw his name this morning on the list.
我今天早上还看过他的名字
It's… Oh, I know this. It's something to do with…
是~~~~ 我记得, 他是在~~~
Wait, he was… he was part of the… Oh, God, I know this. Um…
等等,他是~~~ 他是一位~~~ 噢,上帝, 我知道的~~~
It's Ambassador Franklin, and that's the woman that he left his wife for,
Rebecca.
他是富兰克林大使, 为了身边那个女人离婚了, 丽贝卡
-Rebecca. Ambassador. -Miranda.
-丽贝卡,大使先生 -马琳达
-You look fabulous. -Oh, very kind.
-你真是容光焕发 -哦,谢谢
-Thank you. -[Chattering Continues]
-谢谢你




-Look at you. -Hello.
-这是谁啊? -你好
You're… You're a vision.
你是~~~你真是梦幻仙子
-Oh. [Scoffs] -Thank God I saved your job.
-哦 -谢天谢地我帮你保住了饭碗
[Stammers, Chuckles] You know, I figured out a few things on my own too.
这个, 我自己也认真的反省了一下
Turns out, I'm not as nice as you thought.
结果发现, 我没你想的那么好
I hope not.
我希望不是
Well, if it werert for the stupid boyfriend…
如果不是因为你已经名花有主~~~
I'd have to whisk you away right here and now.
我现在就把你劫走的
-Do you actually say things like that to people? -Evidently.
-你不会真的对别人讲这种话吧? -显然
[Giggles] Well, I gotta go.
我得走了
Are you sure? 'Cause my editor for New York Magazine is inside…
一定要走吗? 《纽约》杂志社的编辑在里面
and, you know, I could introduce you two.
你知道, 我可以介绍你们认识
-You sent over your stuff for me to look at? Remember? -Yeah.
-你不是寄了一些文章给我吗? 记得不? -是的
All right, I gotta admit, I only read a couple. It was a very large packet
you sent.
好的,我得承认, 我只看了几篇, 你寄来了一大包
-Yeah. -But what I did read wasrt half bad.
-是 -但就我看过的来说还算好
And, you know, I think… I think you have a talent, Andy.
你知道的,我觉得 ~~~ 我觉得你很有天分, 安迪
He should meet you.
他应该见见你
Why don't you come in?Just for one drink.
你干嘛不和我进去呢? 就喝杯东西
Um, okay, yeah. I guess I could for one…
好吧,是啊,就喝杯东西还是可以
No, I can't. I'm sorry, but I have to go.
不,我不可以,对不起, 我这得走了
All right. Give my best to the boyfriend.
好吧, 替我向男朋友问好




Roy, I'm sorry. Can you go any faster?
罗伊,抱歉, 你能再开快一点吗?
I'm sure Nate will understand.
我相信内特会理解的
Yeah.
是的
[TV, Indistinct]
Hey.

Happy birthday.
生日快乐
Nate, I'm so sorry.
内特,真对不起
I kept trying to leave, but there was a lot going on.
我一直试着想离开, 但事情实在是太多了
And, you know, I didn't have a choice.
你知道的, 我没的选
Don't worry about it.
别担心了
[Grunts] I'm gonna go to bed.
我睡觉去了
Can we at least talk about this?
我们能不能谈一谈?
You look really pretty.
你看起来很美
[Miranda] Andrea?
安吉丽雅?
-Do you have the Book? -Oh. Uh…
-你把书带了吗? 哦,
Mm.
Paris is the most important week of my entire year.
巴黎是我每年最重要的一周
I need the best possible team with me.
我需要带一个最精英的团队去
That no longer includes Emily.
那已经不包括艾米莉了
Wait. You want me to…
等等,你要我去~~
No, Miranda.
不,马琳达
[Exhales] Emily would die.
艾米莉会死的
Her whole life is about Paris.



她全部的生活都是围绕着巴黎
She hasn't eaten in weeks. L-I can't… do that.
为这她已经好几个星期都没吃东西了。我不能~~~这样做
Miranda, I can't.
马琳达,我不能去
If you don't go, I'll assume you're not serious about your future…
如果你不去, 我会认为,你并不重视你的将来
at Runway or any other publication.
不管是在《天桥》还是其他出版社
The decisiors yours.
你自己决定
That's all.
就这样
[Woman Singing]
[Laughing]
[Continues]
-[Continues] -Hey, Andy.
-嘿,安迪
-Hey. -You coming to bed anytime soon?
-嘿 -你什么时候谁啊?
Uh, yeah. Five minutes, okay?
再过五分钟,好吗?
[Ends]
[Fax Printing]
[Clears Throat]
Andrea, don't forget to tell Emily.
安吉丽雅, 别忘告诉艾米莉
Do it now.
现在就说
-[Line Ringing] -Don't pick up.
-别接电话
-Don't pick up. Don't pick up. Don't pick… -Hi.
-别接电话,别接电话 ~~~ -嗨
-Emily. -Hi, hi. Sorry I'm late.
-艾米莉 –嗨,嗨,抱歉我迟到了
It's just Miranda wanted some scarves from Hermes.
马琳达让我去爱马仕拿丝巾
And she did tell me yesterday, but I forgot like an idiot.
她昨天告诉我的,可我糊里糊涂的给忘了
And so I freaked out, of course.
所以我现在要疯了
Emily, Emily, l-I need to talk to you.
艾米莉,艾米莉 ,我有事要告诉你
I called Martine at home, and she opened the shop early. Whoa! I'm sorry.



我打电话去马丁家, 让她提前开店了, 对不起
She opened the shop early for me, so I got them, which is great.
她替我开了店门, 然后我拿到了丝巾,非常顺利
Okay. Um, Emily, wh-when you come in…
好的, 艾米莉, 等你回来了~~~
there's something I have to talk to you about.
我有点事想告诉你
-Well, I hope it's not another Miranda problem. -Not exactly.
-但愿别是马琳达的问题 -不完全是
Well, good, because I've got so much to deal with before I go. I swear
to God…
那就好,我走之前要忙的事太多了, 我发誓
-[Gasps] -[Horn Honks, Tires Skid]
-[Clamoring] -[Woman] Oh, my God!
哦,天哪
Emily?
艾米莉?
[Woman On P.A., Indistinct]
[Elevator Bell Dings]
I don't care if she was gonna fire you or beat you with a red-hot poker!
我不管她是威胁你要炒你鱿鱼, 还是拿鞭子抽你!
You should have said no.
你应该说不的!
Emily, I didn't have a choice.
艾米莉,我没有选择
-Oh. Please. -You know how she is.
-拜托 -你知道她那个人
-That is a pathetic excuse. -[Door Opens]
-这算什么破借口?
Thanks.
谢谢
Do you know what really just…
你知道整件事里~~
gets me about this whole thing…
什么最让我生气吗?
is that, you know, you're the one who said you don't really care about
this stuff.
你一直口口声声说,你一点也不在乎这些东西
And you don't really care about fashion. You just wanna be a journalist.
你一嗲也不在乎时尚, 你只想当个记者
What a pile of bollocks!
全都是胡说八道
Emily, I know you're mad. I don't blame you.
艾米莉,我知道你很生气, 我不怪你



学英语的很好材料

The Devil Wears Prada script
[Squeaks]
[Woman Singing]
[Continues]
[Continues]
-[Continues] -Good luck. 祝你好运。
[Continues]
[Children Giggling]
[Continues]
-[Continues] -[Horn Honks]
[Continues]
[Ends]
[Bell Dings]
Hi. Uh, I have an appointment with Emily Charlton?
你好,我约了艾米莉·查尔顿
-Andrea Sachs? -Yes.
安吉丽娜·塞克斯?-是的
Great. Human Resources certainly has an odd sense of humor.
要命。人力资源部还真会开玩笑。
Follow me.
跟我来。
Okay, so I was Miranda's second assistant…
听着,我本是马林达的第二助手
but her first assistant recently got promoted, and so now I'm the first.
她首席助手近期晋升 ,所以我现在是首席助手。
-Oh, and you're replacing yourself. -Well, I am trying.
-哦,你给自己找替身。 -但还没找到。
Miranda sacked the last two girls after only a few weeks.
马林达几周内炒了前两个女孩。
We need to find someone who can survive here. Do you understand?
我们需要生存者,明白不?
Yeah. Of course. Who's Miranda?
当然。马林达是谁?
Oh, my God. I will pretend you did not just ask me that.
哦,天哪。 我会假装你刚没问过我。
She's the editor in chief of Runway, not to mention a legend.
她是《天桥》杂志主编, 是一名传奇人物。
You work a year for her, and you can get a job at any magazine you want.
只要为她卖命一年,之后随你想去什么杂志社
A million girls would kill for this job.
所有女孩都会为这工作发疯的。
It sounds like a great opportunity. I'd love to be considered.



听上去很棒, 我很荣幸能被选中。
[Giggling]
Andrea, Runway is a fashion magazine…
安吉丽南,《天桥》是本时尚杂志
so an interest in fashion is crucial.
对时尚的热衷非常重要。
What makes you think I'm not interested in fashion?
你认为我对时尚没有兴趣?
-[Cell Phone Ringing] -Oh, my God.
我的天哪
No! No! No!
不!不!不!
What's wrong?
怎么了?
She's on her way. Tell everyone!
她要到了 通知大家!
She's not supposed to be here until 9:00.
她应该9点到的
Her driver just text messaged, and her facialist ruptured a disk.
司机刚短信我, 她的美容师椎间盘突出
-God, these people! -[Whistles, Whispers] Who's that?
那些人真要命! 这是谁啊?
That I can't even talk about.
我都不想提她
All right, everyone! Gird your loins!
好了,各位, 准备就绪!
-[Excited Chattering] -Did somebody eat an onion bagel?
谁吃过洋葱面包圈了?
[Exhales, Sniffs]
[Bell Dings]
Sorry, Miranda.
对不起,马林达
[Bell Dings]
Move it! Ooh!
让开
I don't understand why it's so difficult to confirm an appointment.
为什么确认预约就这么困难?
I know. I'm so sorry, Miranda. I actually did confirm last night.
我知道,对不起, 马林达。 我昨晚真的有去确定
Details of your incompetence do not interest me.
我对你无能的细节没兴趣
Tell Simone I'm not going to approve that girl that she sent me for the
Brazilian layout.
告诉西蒙我不要她为巴西版选得女孩



I asked for clean, athletic, smiling. She sent me dirty, tired and paunchy.
我要的是干净,运动型,面带微笑的女孩。她挑的是肮脏,疲倦的肥婆
And R.S.V.P. Yes to the Michael Kors party.
回复麦克·克斯,我会去他的聚会
I want the driver to drop me off at 9:30 and pick me up at 9:45 sharp.
我要司机9点30送到那里 9点45分再来接我
-[Whispers] 9:45 sharp. -Call Natalie at Glorious Foods, tell her no for
the 40th time.
-9点45分正点。 -打电话给‘光荣食品’的纳塔莉。说了40遍不行
No, I don't want dacquoise. I want tortes filled with warm rhubarb compote.
我不要杏仁蛋白饼。 我要大黄水果蛋糕
Then call my ex-husband and remind him the parent- teacher conference is
at Dalton tonight.
再打电话给我前夫,提醒他今晚的家长会在达尔顿
Then call my husband, ask him to meet me for dinner at that place I went
to with Massimo.
打给我丈夫,让他在我和马西莫去过的地方碰面吃晚餐
Tell Richard I saw the pictures that he sent for that feature on the female
paratroopers…
告诉理查德我看过他送来的女伞兵的照片
and they're all so deeply unattractive.
他们实在太难看了
Is it impossible to find a lovely, slender female paratrooper?
就不能找个可人又苗条的女伞兵?
-No. -Am I reaching for the stars here? Not really.
-当然能-我能接触星辰吗?当然不可能
Also, I need to see all the things that Nigel has pulled for Gwyneth's
second cover try.
还有,我要看奈杰尔给格温妮丝挑的第二次封面试镜的衣服
I wonder if she's lost any of that weight yet. Who's that?
不知她瘦了多少。她是谁?
Nobody. Um, uh…
谁都不是,呃
Human Resources sent her up about the new assistant job, and I was
preinterviewing her.
人力资源部送她来做助理,我刚给她面试
But she's hopeless and totally wrong for it.
她根本不行,完全不适应这里
Clearly I'm going to have to do that myself because the last two you sent
me…
显然我要自己来选,你上两次选的人
were completely inadequate.
全都不合格
So send her in. That's all.



让她进来。就这样
Right.
好的
-She wants to see you. -Oh! She does?
-她要见你 -哦,是吗?
Move!
快点
-This is foul. Don't let her see it. Go! -That's…
这太土了。别让她看见 快去!-那个
[Sighs]
Who are you?
你是谁?
Uh, my name is Andy Sachs.
呃,我叫安迪·塞克斯
I recently graduated from Northwestern University.
刚从西北大学毕业
And what are you doing here?[Clears Throat]
那你在这里做什么?
Well, I think I could do a good job as your assistant.
我可以做你的助理
And, um…
还有,呃
Yeah, I came to New York to be a journalist and sent letters out
everywhere…
我来纽约立志成为记者,发了不少简历
and then finally got a call from Elias-Clarke…
终于艾丽雅斯·克拉克给了我一个电话
and met with Sherry up at Human Resources.
让我和人力资源部的谢瑞见面
Basically, it's this or Auto Universe.
反正, 不是这里就是《机动世界》
-So you don't read Runway? -Uh, no.
-那你不看《天桥》? -呃,不看
And before today, you had never heard of me.
直到今天才知道我这个人
No.
是的
And you have no style or sense of fashion.
你对时尚也没品味和见解
Well, um, I think that depends on what you're…
这个,我认为这看个人
No, no. That wasrt a question.
不,不。我没在问你
Um, I was editor in chief of the Daily Northwestern.



我曾经是西北日报的主编

I also, um, won a national competition for college journalists…
我,还赢过全国大学记者竞赛
with my series on thejanitors'union, which exposed the exploitation…
连续街陋了校工团体的不法剥削
That's all.
行了
[Scoffs]
Yeah. You know, okay.
好吧,我知道了
You're right. I don't fit in here.
没错,我不适合这里
I am not skinny or glamorous…
我不够苗条也不够漂亮
and I don't know that much about fashion.
也不懂时尚
But I'm smart.
但我很聪明
I learn fast and I will work very hard.
我学得很快,我会努力工作的
I got the exclusive on the Cavalli for Gwyneth…
给格温妮丝找到卡华力的独家设计
but the problem is, with that huge feathered headdress that she's
wearing…
问题是她穿那么大个羽毛头饰
she looks like she's working the main stage at the Golden Nugget.
好像她为金块酒店唱戏的
Thank you for your time.
多谢你的宝贵时间
Who is that sad little person?
那可怜虫是谁?
Are we doing a before-and-after piece I don't know about?
我们有制作“麻雀变公主”的节目吗?
Brown and Law, please?Thank you.

-Andrea. -Hmm?
-安吉丽娜 -嗯?
Wait. You got a job at a fashion magazine?
慢着。你在时尚杂志得到份工作?
-Mm-hmm. -What was it, a phone interview?
-没错。 -什么? 靠靠电话面试?
-[Woman] wow. -Ow! Don't be a jerk.
- 嘴巴别这么坏。



Miranda Priestly is famous for being unpredictable.
马林达·皮斯利是出了名的女魔头
Okay, Doug. How is it that you know who she is and I didn't?
道格,为什么你知道她而我不知道?
-I'm actually a girl. -Oh!
-我其实是个女的。 -哦!
-That would explain so much. -[Doug] Look, seriously.
-谜团都解开了。 - 认真点儿
Miranda Priestly is a huge deal. I bet a million girls would kill for that
job.
马林达皮斯利是个大人物,我打赌女生都会为这工作发疯的。
Yeah, great. The thing is I'm not one of them.
是啊。 但问题我不是那些女生。
[Woman] Look, you gotta start somewhere, right?
但你总要出人头地,是不是?
I mean, look at this dump Nate works in.
你看笨内特的工作
I mean, come on. Paper napkins? Hello.
拜托,做纸巾?又没搞错?
Yeah. And Lily, she works at that gallery doing, uh, you know…
对哦,莉莉他在画廊里做那个什么~
Oh, I'm sorry. What exactly is it that you do anyway?
哦,抱歉, 你到底是做什么的?
Well, lucky for me, I already have my dream job.
我很幸运, 已经找到了理想工作
[With Lily] You're a corporate research analyst!
你是个财务研究分析员
-Oh, you're right. My job sucks. -No! –没说错,这工作很烂 –不是的!

-It sucks. I don't… It's boring. -It's all right. Breathe.
-很烂,我~工作很无聊。 -没事的, 深呼吸。
-I'm trying. -Here. Take a drink.
-我在努力。 -来,喝一杯。
-I will have a drink. I will have a drink. -Ah, yes.
-我要喝一杯,喝一杯。 -啊,没错。
-I'd like to propose a toast. To jobs that pay the rent. -To jobs that
pay the rent.
-我来敬,为交房租的工作。 为交房租的工作。
[Lily] Jobs that pay the rent.
为交房租的工作。
Oh, baby. You should see the way these girls at Runway dress.
亲爱的,你该看看天桥里的女生的打扮。
I don't have a thing to wear to work.
我都没想像的穿去工作。



Come on. You're gonna be answering phones and getting coffee.
拜托, 你只是接电话,买咖啡。
You need a ball gown for that?
需要穿晚礼服吗?
I think I might.
我想可能吧。
Well, I happen to think you look great always.
我认为你穿什么都好看。
Aww! I think you're full of it.
啊! 胡说八道。
[Giggling]
-Hey. Come on. Let's go home. -Yeah.
-嘿,过来,现在就回家 -好
I can think of something we can do that doesn't require any clothing.
有件事我们不穿衣服也能做
-Really? -Mmm.
-真的? -嗯
-[Phone Ringing] -[Woman Singing]
Hello?
喂?
Andrea, Miranda decided to kill the autumn jacket story for September…
安吉丽雅,马林达决定取消9月的秋季夹克衫
and she is pulling up the Sedona shoot from October.
并提前10月的塞多纳风景照
You need to come into the office right this second and pick up her coffee
order on the way.
你立即回办公室,路上也把咖啡买来
-Now? -Now, get a pen and write this down.
-现在?-没错,再拿纸笔把这个记下来
I want one no-foam skimmed latte with an extra shot…
我要一份大杯没奶泡的低脂拿铁咖啡
and three drip coffees with room for milk.
三杯冲泡的咖啡,之后加奶
-Searing hot. And I mean hot. -[Line Clicks]
-一定要滚烫的。
-[Continues] -[Cell Phone Ringing]
Hello?
喂?
-[Emily] Where are you? -Oh, I'm almost there. Yeah.
- 你在哪儿? -我就开到了
Shoot! Oh!
该死!
[Ends]
Is there some reason that my coffee isn't here?



为什么我没看到我的咖啡?

Has she died or something?
她死了还是怎么了?
No. [Whispers] God.
没有。 天呢
Oh. Bloody time.
哦,太慢了
-I hope you know that this is a very difficult job… -Mm-hmm.
-我希望你知道这是份艰难的活儿~ -是的
For which you are totally wrong.
那你就错了
And if you mess up, my head is on the chopping block.
你的失职会送我上断头台的
Now, hang that up. Don't just fling it anywhere.
把那挂起来,别随便乱扔
Okay. First of all, you and I answer the phones.
首先, 我和你接听电话
The phone must be answered every single time it rings.
每次响都要接
Calls roll to voice mail, and she gets very upset.
如果转入语音信箱,她会很生气。
If I'm not here… Andrea, Andrea…
如果我不在这里, 安吉丽雅,安吉丽雅
you are chained to that desk.
你必须一直粘着桌子
-Well, what if I need to… -What? No.
-好,但如果我要~ -什么?不行
One time an assistant left the desk because she sliced her hand open with
a letter opener…
上次一女生因为手被开信刀切到而离开桌子
and Miranda missed Lagerfeld…
马林达登上去澳大利亚17小时的班机前错过了拉格菲尔德
just before he boarded a 17-hour flight to Australia.

She now works at TVGuide.
那女生现在《电视节目预告》工作
-Man the desk at all times. Got it. -[Phone Rings]
-随时坚守岗位, 知道了
-Uh… -Miranda Priestly's office.
-呃~ -马林达·皮斯利办公室
No, she's not available.
不,她现在没空
-Who is it? -[Mouthing Words]



-请问是哪位?

Yes, I will tell her you called… yet again.
是的,我会告诉她你来过电话~ 好几次了
-[Bell Chimes] -Right. Remember, you and I have totally differentjobs.
-记住,你我有不同的分工
I mean, you get coffee… [Scoffs] and you run errands.
我是指,你负责咖啡~ 听候差遣
Yet I am in charge of her schedule…
我负责她的行程
her appointments and her expenses.
会计和财务
And, um, most importantly, um…
还有,最重要的是
I get to go with her to Paris for Fashion Week in the fall.
我会和她去巴黎的秋季时尚周
I get to wear couture. I go to all the shows and all the parties.
我会穿名牌设计服装,参加所有时装秀和聚会
I meet all of the designers. It's divine.
会见所有设计师 。 太神圣了
Okay. Now, stay here. I'm going to the art department to give them the
Book.
你现在留下来, 我要把书拿去设计部
-The… -This is the Book.
-书? -就是这本书
Now, it is a mock- up of everything…
这是包含所有现今焦点的
in the current issue.
现实模型
And we deliver it to Miranda's apartment every night, and she retu…
我们每晚都把它送去马林达的住处, 然后她再~
Don't touch it. She returns it to us in the morning with her notes.
别碰, 她做过笔记后在隔日上午交给我们
Now, the second assistant is supposed to do this…
第二助理应该做这个
but Miranda is very private and she does not like strangers in her house.
但马琳达注重隐私, 不喜欢陌生人闯入她的住处
So until she decides that you are not a total psycho…
直到她确认你不是什么变态
I get the lovely task of waiting around for the Book.
先由我负责保管着本书
-[Phone Rings] -Oh, Emily? What do I do…
-哦,艾米莉,我该怎么办?
-Deal with it. -[Rings]



-处理好
[Sighs]
[Rings]
Hello. Mrs. Priestly's office.
你好,皮斯利女士办公室
Hmm. That's what I meant. Miranda Priestly's office.
嗯,我就那意思, 马林达·皮斯利办公室
[Groans]
Um, you know, she is in a meeting. Can I please take a message?
呃,她现在开会。 能留口信吗?
Uh-huh.
Okay. Can you please spell Gabbana?
好,请拼一下GABBNA
-[Line Clicks, Dial Tone Hums] -Hello?
-喂?
I guess not.
不拼算了
I guessed an eight and a half.
我猜你穿8.5号鞋
Um, uh, that's very nice of you…
呃,你真好~
but I don't think I need these.
但我好像不需要它们
Miranda hired me. She knows what I look like.
马林达雇了我, 她知道我的样子
-Do you? -[Chuckles]
-你知道吗?
Emily.
艾米莉
Emily?
艾米莉
She means you.
她叫你呢
-Wejust cut on the bias. -[Miranda] That's not what I asked you.
-我们斜剪了这边 -我不要你这么剪
I couldn't have been clearer. There you are, Emily.
我说了很清楚了, 你来了,艾米莉
-How many times do I have to scream your name? -Actually, it's Andy.
-要我喊你多少遍才够? -其实,我是安迪
My name is Andy. Andrea, but, uh, everybody calls me Andy.
我叫安迪。 安吉丽雅,但那大家都叫我安迪
[Chuckles] I need 10 or 15 skirts from Calvin Klein.
我需要10-15条CK的裙子



-What kind of skirts do you… -Please bore someone else with your
questions.
-你想要什么样式的~ -这种无聊的问题你问别人去
And make sure we have Pier 59 at 8:00 a.m. Tomorrow.
去‘59号码头’确认明天8点的座位
Remind Jocelyn I need to see a few of those satchels that Marc is doing
in the pony.
提醒约瑟琳,我要看看马克在手抄里面的背包
And then tell Simone I'll takeJackie if Maggie isn't available.
高速西蒙如果杰茜没空就用麦吉
-Did Demarchelier confirm? -D-Did D-Demarchel…
-迪马休里耶确认了没? -迪,迪马休里耶~
Demarchelier. Did he… Get him on the phone.
迪马休里耶。 他~ -打电话给他
Uh, o… okay.
呃,好的
-And, Emily? -Yes?
-还有,艾米莉?-是的?
That's all.
就这样
It's just the cavalier disregard for clear directions…
这只是不符合~
[Chattering Continues]
Do you have Demarchelier?
联络上迪马休里耶了吗?
Uh, Demarchelier.
呃,迪马休里耶
-[Groans] Leave it. -Do you have…
-让开 -你有没有~
I have Miranda Priestly calling.
马林达·皮斯利的助理
I have Patrick!
帕特里克在线
Uh, no, she called me in there and-and then she asked me about Pier 59.
哦,她叫我进去, 还有什么59号码头
And there was something about Simone, Frankie, someone else.
还有关于西蒙,弗兰克, 还有谁
And, um, she needs skirts from Calvin Klein.
她要CK的裙子
And, uh, there was something about a pony.
还有关于什么小马
-Did she say which skirts? -No. No.
-她说要什么裙子了吗? -没有
-Did she say what kind? Color, shape, fabric? -I tried to ask her.



-她说是什么款式的,颜色,形状,材料? -我试着问过了。
You may never ask Miranda anything.
你永远不能问马林达任何问题
Right. I will deal with all of this, and you will go to Calvin Klein.
好,我处理其他事,你去CK
Eh… Me?
呃~我?
Oh, I'm sorry. Do you have some prior commitment?
不好意思, 你好有其他要事吗?
Some hideous skirt convention you have to go to?
要去“恶心裙子讨论会”吗?
Uh…
-[Cell Phone Rings] -Miranda?
-马林达?
-Are you there? -I'm about to walk in. I'll call you as soon as…
-到了没? -我正要进去,会马上打
[Line Clicks]
-[Cell Phone Rings] -[Horn Honks]
-Hello? Hi. -[Emily] While you're out…
-喂?你好 -你在外面~
Miranda needs you to go to Hermes to pick up 25 scarves we ordered for
her.
马林达要你去爱马仕拿她定的25条围巾
-Okay. -Cassidy forgot her homework at Dalton. Pick that up.
-好的 -卡西迪巴作业忘在达尔顿了,你去那里取
Miranda went out to meet with Meisel, and she will want more Starbucks
when she gets back.
马林达去见麦塞尔 ,她回来时要喝星巴克
-Hot Starbucks. -Can you just repeat that first…
-要热的 -你能重复第一件~
-[Dial Tone Hums] -Hello?
-喂?
Oh, my God.
哦,天哪
What took you so long?I have to pee!
怎么那么久?我要去厕所!
What?You haven't peed since I left?
什么?从我出去到现在你没去过厕所?
No, I haven't. I've been manning the desk, haven't I? I'm bursting.
没有。 我一直坚守岗位,快憋不住了!
Oh, hi.
哦,嗨
-[Snaps Fingers] -You do coat. Do the coat!
-你挂衣服,挂起来!



Okay.
好的
Now, be prepared. The run-through is at 12:30.
准备好,12点30分开始挑选
People are panicking, so the phone is going to be ringing off the hook.
大家都很惊慌,电话随时都会响起
The ru… The run-through. Right.
挑~挑拨, 好的
Yes. Editors bring in options for the shoot, and Miranda chooses.
没错,编辑们提出构思, 马琳达选出好的
She chooses every single thing in every single issue.
她要精心挑选每一个主题
Run- throughs are a huge deal. I don't know why you don't know that, Andrea.
挑选是件大事, 真不懂你怎么会不知道,安吉丽雅
-[Woman] Okay. Are you ready? -[Emily] Oh, hi, hi.
-好了,准备好没? -哦,嗨
Right. Well, after the loo, Serena and I are going to lunch.
好了,上完厕所, 塞莉娜和我去吃午饭
-This is her… the new me.
-Hi. 就是她,新的我 -嗨
-Told you. -I thought you were kidding.
-我说吧 -我以为你开玩笑
No, quite serious, yeah. I get 20 minutes for lunch, and you get 15.
当然不是, 我有20分钟吃午饭,你只有15分钟
-When I come back, you can go. -Okay.
-我回来后,你就能去了。 -好的
[Serena] What exactly is she wearing?
她穿的是什么啊?
[Giggling] Her grandmother's skirt.
她外婆的裙子
[Man Singing In French]
Hmm. Corn chowder.
嗯,粟米海鲜汤
That's an interesting choice.
有趣的口味
You do know that cellulite is one of the main ingredients in corn chowder.
你知道这里面有很多脂肪
[Man Singing In French Continues]
So none of the girls here eat anything?
那这里的女孩都不吃东西?
Not since two became the new four and zero became the new two.
自从2号变成4号还有0号变成2号,就不吃了
-Well, I'm a six. -Which is the new 14.
-我是6号 -那就要变成14号了



Oh. Shoot.
哦,该死
Oh, never mind. I'm sure you have plenty more polyblend where that came
from.
哦,没关系,你一定还有很多其他化纤衣服
-[Cash Register Clicking] -Okay. You think my clothes are hideous.
-你觉得我的衣服难看?
I get it.
我知道了
But, you know, I'm not going to be in fashion forever…
但,你知道我不会一直留在时尚界
so I don't see the point of changing everything about myself just because
I have this job.
我不想为了这工作而改变自己
Yes, that's true.
真是说对了
That's really what this multibillion-dollar industry is all about anyway,
isn't it?
这个值好几亿的产业就只关心一件事,对不对?
-Inner beauty. -[Cell Phone Rings]
-内在美
Hello.

Right. Come on.
好,快来
-Miranda's pushed the run-through up a half an hour. -Mmm!
-马琳达提前半小时开始了选拔
-She's always 15 minutes early. -Which means?
-她通常都早到15分钟 -意思是?
-You're already late. Come. -Shoot!
-你迟到了,来 -该死
Excuse me.
借过
-[Bell Dings] -Mr. Ravitz.
-拉威兹先生
Nigel.
奈杰尔
-Issue going well? -Oh, yes. Our best September ever.
-工作顺利吗? -哦,是的,至今最成功的九月
Great. Heard Miranda killed autumn jackets and pulled up the Sedona shoot.
很好,听说马琳达取消秋季皮夹克,选了塞多纳风景照
What's that costing me?
那要花掉我多少钱?
About 300,000.



大概30万

Must have been some lousy jackets.
那些夹克肯定发霉了
-Irv Ravitz. -Oh, I'm sorry.
-俄弗·拉威兹-哦,对不起
This is Andy Sachs, Miranda's new assistant.
这位是安迪·塞克斯 ,马琳达的心助理
Congratulations, young lady.
恭喜你,年轻人
A million girls would kill for that job.
女生会为这工作发疯的
Bye-bye.
再见
-Hmm? -Chairman of Elias-Clarke, Irv Ravitz.
-艾丽雅克·克拉克的总裁,俄弗·拉威兹
You know what they say?Tiny man, huge ego.
知道别人怎么说他?小个子大野心
No. And I've seen all this before.
不行,都过时了
Theyskens is trying to reinvent the drop waist, so actually it's…
塞斯肯斯是这重新引进露背款式,所以~~~
-Where are all the other dresses? -We have some right here.
-其他裙子呢? -这里有一些
-Stand, watch and listen. -And I think it can be very interesting…
-站着,边看边听 -我认为这样很时髦
No. No, I just… It's just baffling to me.
不,不,我~~~~ 真搞不懂
Why is it so impossible to put together a decent run-through?
为什么做个顺利的挑选会这么难?
You people have had hours and hours to prepare. It's just so confusing
to me.
你们有这么多时间准备,真让我搞不懂
Where are the advertisers?
广告部的人呢?
-We have some pieces from Banana Republic. -We need more, don't we?
-我们从巴纳纳拿来这些 –我们还需要更多,是吗
-Oh. This is… This might be… What do you think of… -Yeah.
-哦,这个,这个可以~~你们觉得呢? -是啊
Well, you know me.
哦,你知道我这人
Give me a full ballerina skirt and a hint of saloon and I'm on board.
一条芭蕾舞裙加一点造型 我绝对赞成
-But do you think it's too much like… -Like the Lacroix from July?



-你不觉得有点太~ -像七月的卡奎

I thought that, but no, not with the right accessories. It should work.
我想过,但只要找对饰品, 我就觉得能行
Where are the belts for this dre… Why is no one ready?
这裙子的腰带呢? 就不能都准备好吗?
Here. It's a tough call.
这里,但有点麻烦
-They're so different. -[Miranda] Hmm.
-该挑哪个?
[Snorts, Chuckles]
Something funny?
很好笑吗?
No. No, no. Nothing's…
不,不,没什么
You know, it's just that both those belts look exactly the same to me.
只是,这两条腰带几乎一模一样
You know, I'm still learning about this stuff and, uh…
其实,我还在学这东西,呃~

这~~~东西?
Oh. Okay. I see.
好了,我知道了
You think this has nothing to do with you.
你觉得这个你无关?
You go to your closet…
你去自己的衣橱
and you select… I don't know… that lumpy blue sweater, for instance…
选择~ 我不知道~~ 比如你那松垮的蓝色绒线衫
because you're trying to tell the world that you take yourself too
seriously…
侍者告诉世人你的人生重要到
to care about what you put on your back.
你无法关心自己的穿着
But what you don't know is that that sweater is not just blue.
但你要知道拿衣服不仅仅是蓝色
It's not turquoise. It's not lapis.
不是绿色,也不是青色
It's actually cerulean.
而是天蓝色
And you're also blithely unaware of the fact…
你也随意忽视很多
that in 2002, Oscar de la Renta did a collection of cerulean gowns.
像奥斯卡·德拉伦塔在2002年设计过一系列天蓝色的晚礼服



And then I think it was Yves Saint Laurent… wasrt it…
然后,我估计是圣罗兰~~是吗?
who showed cerulean military jackets?
设计出天蓝色的军式夹克衫
-I think we need a jacket here. -Mmm.
-我认为还需要件外套 -嗯
And then cerulean quickly showed up in the collections of eight different
designers.
之后天蓝色就成了其他8位不同设计师的最爱
And then it, uh, filtered down through the department stores…
然后放入其名下的商店
and then trickled on down into some tragic Casual Corner…
最后慢慢渗入可悲的CC
where you, no doubt, fished it out of some clearance bin.
才让你从她们的打折货种淘到
However, that blue represents millions of dollars…
总之,那蓝色值几千万
and countless jobs…
和数不尽的心血
and it's sort of comical how you think that you've made a choice…
滑稽的是,你以为是你选择了这个颜色
that exempts you from the fashion industry…
让自己远离时尚界
when, in fact…
事实却是
you're wearing a sweater that was selected for you by the people in this
room…
这屋子里的人帮你从一堆衣服里
from a pile of stuff.
选了这件绒线衫
So then I said,
然后说“不,我看不出有这两条
between the two absolutely identical belts'
完全相同的腰带有何区别”
and you should have seen the look she gave me!
你该看看她当时给我的眼神
I thought the flesh was gonna melt off her face.
还以为她脸上的肉要化了一样
-[Chuckles] -It's not funny.
-这不好笑
She's not happy unless everyone around her is panicked, nauseous or
suicidal.
要看到别人不安,恶心或者自杀,他才会开心
And the Clackers just worship her.



还有哪些嘎嗒子却崇拜她

-The who? -They call them Clackers.
-什么子? -她们叫嘎嗒子
The sound that their stilettos make in the marble lobby.
高跟鞋接触大理石地面的生意
It's like,
就像“噶哒,噶哒,噶哒,噶哒”
[Groans] And they all act like they're curing cancer or something.
她们的样子好像去医癌症似的
[Chuckling] The amount of time and energy…
还费很大功夫和时间在
that these people spend on these insignificant, minute details, and for
what?
不重要的回忆细节上,然后呢?
So that tomorrow they can spend another $$300,000 reshooting something…
第二天他们就能再花30万重新拍照片
that was probably fine to begin with…
或许对不需要哪些东西的人来说
to sell people things they don't need!
这好像不算什么
God!
天呢
-I'm not even hungry anymore. -What?
-我气饱了 -什么?
-That is why those girls are so skinny. -Oh. No, no, no.
-怪不得那些女孩那么瘦 -哦,不,不
Give me that. There's, like, eight dollars ofJarlsberg in there.
给我,里面还有8美金的干酪呢
[Sighs] You know what?
你知道吗?
I just have to stick it out for a year. One year.
我只要忍一年,一年
And then I can do what I came to New York to do.
之后就能做我来纽约该做的事
But I can't let Miranda get to me. I won't.
我绝不能输给马琳达, 绝不会
Easy there, tiger.
别太勉强了
-Oh, good morning, Miranda. -Get me Isaac.
-哦,早上好,马琳达 -接通埃塞克
I don't see my breakfast here. Are my eggs here? Where are my eggs?
我没见着我的早饭 鸡蛋呢?我要的鸡蛋呢?
Excuse me!



借过!

Pick up the Polaroids from the lingerie shoot.
去内衣设计那儿取偏光板
Have the brakes checked on my car.
去检修刹车
-[Truck Horn Honking] -[Gasps]
Where's that piece of paper I had in my hand yesterday morning?
我昨天早上拿到的那文件呢?
The girls need new surfboards or boogie boards or something for spring
break.
双胞胎需要新的冲浪板或者趴板,总之寒假用
-Hello. -The twins also need flip-flops.
-喂? -她们还要沙滩拖鞋
-Ow! -Oh, my gosh!
-啊!-哦,天哪
Pick up my shoes from Blahnik, and then go get Patricia.
去布朗尼克去我的鞋,然后去接派奇特
-Who's that? -Good girl! Good girl! Good girl!
-她是谁? -好孩子!好孩子!
Get me that little table that I liked at that store on Madison.
去买我在曼蒂森看中的那张小圆桌
Get us a reservation for dinner tonight at that place that got the good
review.
为今晚晚餐定一家评价好的餐馆
-Get me Isaac. -Thirty-six thank-you notes delivered today.
-接通埃塞克 -寄出36份感谢信
-Where is everyone? -Why is no one working?
-人都去哪儿了? -为什么没人再工作?
[Miranda's Voice Overlapping]
Get me Demarchelier.
接通迪马休里耶
I have Miranda Priestly calling for… Okay.
马琳达·皮斯利的助手,好的
I have Patrick.
帕特里克在线
[Sighs] Thank God it's Friday, right?
谢天谢地,星期五了
At least Miranda will be in Miami, so we don't have to be on call this
weekend.
马琳达会在迈阿密,这周末不用歹命了
You know, my dad's coming in from Ohio.
我父亲从俄亥俄州来看我
Yeah, we're gonna go out to dinner, maybe see Chicago.



我们出去吃饭,可能去看《芝加哥》

You doing anything fun this weekend?
这周末有打算没?
Yes.
是的
[Piano]
[Andy] Yeah, Nate said it was great.
是啊,内特说得很好
He actually… He applied here, but they wanted someone with more
experience.
他其实应聘过这里,但他们需要经验丰富的
-Here. -Huh? What's this?
-给 -嗯?是什么?
I don't want you to get behind on your rent.
我不想你拖房租
-Dad, how did you… -It's…
-爸,你怎么~ -只是~~
I'm gonna kill Mom. [Chuckles]
我要掐我妈
Dad, thank you.
谢谢你,爸爸
Mm-hmm.
-It's really good to see you. -You too, honey.
-真高兴见到你 -我也是,宝贝
So, you want to start grilling me now…
你想现在就说正题呢~
or should we wait till after dinner?
还是等吃完饭了后?
I thought I'd let you at least enjoy the bread basket first.
我想让你吃了早饭再说
No, no, no. It's okay. Go right ahead.
不,不,没关系,现在说吧
We're just a little worried, honey.
我们只是很担心你,宝贝
We get e-mails from you at your office at 2:00 a.m.
我们凌晨两点收到你的电邮
Your pay is terrible. You don't get to write anything.
工资低,有不参与文笔工作
Hey, that's not fair.
嘿,这么说不公平
I wrote those e-mails.
我有写那些电邮



I'm just trying to understand why someone who got accepted to Stanford
Law…
我试着了解被斯坦福法律系接受的人~
turns it down to be a journalist, and now you're not even doing that.
为什么会想做记者,更何况你现在还不算是记者
Dad, you have to trust me.
爸,你要相信我
Being Miranda's assistant opens a lot of doors.
做马琳达的助理就不用愁将来了
Emily is going to Paris with Miranda in a few months…
艾米莉要和马琳达去巴黎几个月
and she's gonna meet editors and writers from every important magazine.
她会遇到著名杂志社的编辑和作者
And in a year, that could be me.
再过一年,我也能去了
-All right? -Mm-hmm.
-好吗? -嗯
Dad, I swear, this is my break.
爸,我发誓,这是我的转折点
-This is my… my chance. -[Cell Phone Ringing]
-这是我的~~~机遇
This is my boss.
是我老板
-I'm sorry, Dad. I have to take this. -Take it. Take it.
-爸,对不起,我得接着电话 -接吧,接吧
-Hello. Miranda? -My flight has been canceled.
-你好,马琳达 -我的班机取消了
It's some absurd weather problem.
因为什么荒谬的天气原因
I need to get home tonight. The twins have a recital tomorrow morning at
school.
我要今晚回家,双胞胎明天要在学校演独奏
-What? -At school!
-什么?-独奏!
-Absolutely. Let me see what I can do. -Good.
-好的,我来想办法 -很好
Hi. Um, I know this is totally last minute…
嗨,我知道事情紧急~
but I was hoping that you could maybe get a flight for my boss…
但我希望你今晚能帮我老板找架~
from Miami to New York tonight?
从迈阿密飞往纽约的飞机
Uh…
-[Dad] It's right here. Thank you. -[Andy] Yeah, any kind ofjet.



-就这里,谢谢 -是,喷气式飞机
-From Miami to New York. -Thank you.
-从迈阿密飞往纽约 -谢谢
-Yup, I need it tonight. I need it… -Ow!
-是的,今晚就要,我要 -哦!
-I thought you were going out the other… -Sweetie! No.
-我以为你从那边出来 -亲爱的,我没有
-It's over here, honey. -Tonight.
-在这里,亲爱的 -今晚
Hi. I'm trying to get a flight tonight… for tonight… from Miami to New
York.
嗨,我要今晚的飞机~今晚~迈阿密到纽约
Yes, I know there's a hurricane.
是,我知道有暴风
Nothing is flying out?What do you mean, nothing is flying out?
都飞不出去?什么叫都飞不出去?
It's for Miranda Priestly, and I know that she's a client of yours.
是马琳达·皮斯利的要求,他是你们的客户
Yes. Yes, hi. I need a jet tonight from Miami to New York.
是,是,我要一架迈阿密去纽约的飞机
Yeah. Sorry. Hold on. Hello? Miranda, hi.
是,对不起,等一下 喂?马琳达
I'm trying to get you a flight, but no one is flying out because of the
weather.
我在尽力给你找飞机,但因天气原因,飞机都飞不了
Please. It's just… I don't know… drizzling.
拜托,这只是~我不知道~毛毛雨
-[Thunderclap] -Someone must be getting out.
-总有人要出去
Call Donatella. Get her jet.
打电话给多纳特拉,让她找
Call everybody else that we know that has a jet. Irv?
找所有社交圈里有飞机的人,俄弗?
Call every… This is your responsibi… This is yourjob.
打给~~这是你的职责 ,你的工作
Get me home.
让我回家
Oh, my God! She's going to murder me.
哦,天呢,她会杀了我
What does she want you to do, call the National Guard and have her airlifted
out of there?
她要你怎么办?叫民警队去援救她?
Of course not. Could I do that?
当然不是,能打给民警队吗?



Come on.


Come on.
我们走
The girls' recital was absolutely wonderful.
她们的独奏太精彩了
They played Rachmaninoff. Everyone loved it.
选了拉科曼尼诺夫的作品。 所有人都说好
Everyone except me…
除了我
because, sadly, I was not there.
因为, 不幸地,我不在场
Miranda, I'm so sorry.
马琳达,我很抱歉
Do you know why I hired you?
你知道我为什么雇你?
I always hire the same girl…
我总是雇类似的女孩子
stylish, slender, of course…
时髦,苗条,当然还有
worships the magazine.
崇拜这本杂志
But so often, they turn out to be…
但总是,她们变得
I don't know… disappointing and, um…
我不知道~ 让人失望~~~
stupid.
变得愚蠢
So you, with that impressive resume…
而你,有漂亮的简历
and the big speech about your so-called work ethic…
还有夸夸其谈地说自己是工作狂
I, um… I thought you would be different.
我~~~ 我以为你会不一样
I said to myself, go ahead.
我对自己说,去吧
Take a chance.
抓住机会
Hire the smart, fat girl.
雇一个聪明的胖女孩
[Clears Throat] I had hope.
我有过希望
My God. I live on it.



天呢,希望是我的动力
Anyway, you ended up disappointing me more than, um…
总之,你却比任何其他蠢女孩
more than any of the other silly girls.
都要来得更让人失望
Um, I really did everything I could think of.
我真的做了我能做的
-Uh… -That's all.
-就这样
Excuse me! Where do you think you're going?
站住!你要去哪儿?
She hates me, Nigel.
她恨我,奈杰尔
And that's my problem because…
这跟我有关~~~?
Oh, wait. No, it's not my problem.
哦,等等,这跟我没关系
I don't know what else I can do because if I do something right, it's
unacknowledged.
我不知道还能怎么做,事情做对了,好像应该的
She doesn't even say thank you.
她连谢谢都不说
But if I do something wrong, she is vicious.
但如果事情做错了,她就是巫婆
-So quit. -What?
-辞职好了 –什么?
-Quit. -Quit?
-辞职 -辞职?
I can get another girl to take your job in five minutes… one who really
wants it.
我可以在5分钟内找到一个非常想要这工作的女孩顶替你
No, I don't want to quit. That's not fair.
不,我不要辞职 这不公平
But, you know, I'm just saying that I would just like a little credit…
我只是说, 我想要为自己的努力
for the fact that I'm killing myself trying.
赢得些奖励
Andy, be serious.
安迪,现实点
You are not trying.
你根本没在努力
-You are whining. -L…
-你在抱怨
What is it that you want me to say to you, huh?



你希望我对你说什么?
Do you want me to say,
Poor Andy
要我说“真可怜,马琳达又欺负你了,可怜的安迪”
Hmm? Wake up, six.
是吗?醒醒,6号女生
She's just doing herjob.
她只是做她的工作
Don't you know that you are working at the place…
你不知道你工作的
that published some of the greatest artists of the century?
是一个出版全世界最好的艺术家的作品?
Halston, Lagerfeld, de la Renta.
豪斯顿,拉格菲尔德,德拉伦塔
And what they did, what they created…
他们的作品,创作
was greater than art because you live your life in it.
比艺术更伟大,因为那艺术就在你的生活中
Well, not you, obviously, but some people.
哦,当然不包括你,但包括有不少人
You think this is just a magazine, hmm?
你以为这只是本杂志,对吗?
This is not just a magazine.
这不仅仅是杂志
This is a shining beacon of hope for…
这是希望的灯塔,指路给
oh, I don't know…
哦,我不知道
let's say a young boy growing up in Rhode Island with six brothers…
比方说一个男孩和六个兄弟,生活在罗德岛
pretending to go to soccer practice when he was really going to sewing
class…
假装参加足球训练,其实在上缝纫课
and reading Runway under the covers at night with a flashlight.
晚上在被窝里用手电筒看《天桥》
You have no idea how many legends have walked these halls.
你不知道这里员工的艰辛
And what's worse, you don't care.
更绝的是,你根本不在乎
Because this place, where so many people would die to work…
在这里,更多人是热爱这份工作
you only deign to work.
而你是被迫的
And you want to know why she doesn't kiss you on the forehead…



你还抱怨她为什么不亲吻你的额头
and give you a gold star on your homework at the end of the day.
每天给你的作业批的金色的五角星
Wake up, sweetheart.
醒醒吧,亲爱的
[Sighs]
-Okay. So I'm screwing it up. -Mmm.
-好吧,我搞砸了 -嗯
I don't want to.
我不想的
I just wish that I knew what I could do to…
我只希望自己知道该怎么做
-[Sighs] Nigel? -Hmm? –
奈杰尔?-嗯?
Nigel, Nigel.
奈杰尔,奈杰尔
No.
不行
I don't know what you expect me to do.
我不知道你要我做什么
There's nothing in this whole closet that'll fit a size six.
这里的衣服,6号穿不下的
I can guarantee you.
我向你保证
These are all sample sizes… two and four.
这里都是样品尺寸 2号和4号
-All right. We're doing this for you. And… -A poncho?
-好吧,这个给你, 还有 -披风?
You'll take what I give you and you'll like it.
你手下我给你的,你会喜欢的
-We're doing this Dolce for you. -Hmm!
-还有这个Docle -嗯!
And shoes.
还有鞋子
-Jimmy Choo's. -Hmm.
-吉米·周 -嗯
-Manolo Blahnik. -Wow.
-布朗尼克 -哇
Nancy Gonzalez. Love that.
南茜·港渣勒兹。我喜欢
Okay, Narciso Rodriguez. This we love.
娜西索·洛吉杰斯。 我们要这个
-Uh, it might fit. It might. -What?
-呃,或许合身。 -什么?



Okay. Now, Chanel. You're in desperate need of Chanel. Darling, shall we?
好了,现在 你非常需要香奈儿。 亲爱的,走吧
We have to get to the beauty department, and God knows how long that's
going to take.
我们还要去美容部,老天知道那要多久才够
[Groans]
I mean, I have no idea why Miranda hired her.
我不知道为什么马琳达雇佣了她
Me neither. The other day, we were in the beauty department.
我也是。 有天沃恩子美容部
She held up the Shu Uemura eyelash curler and said,
她拿起植村秀的眉毛卷毛器,她问:“这是什么?”
[Laughing]
I just knew from the moment I saw her…
从第一次看到她我就知道~~~~
she was going to be a complete and utter disas…
她会是个大祸害
-[Phone Rings] -Miranda Priestly's office.
-马琳达·皮斯利办公室
No, actually, she's not available, but I'll leave word.
不, 她现在没空, 要留口信吗?
Okay, thanks. Bye. [Clears Throat]
好的,谢谢,再见
How did… [Grunts]
怎么可能~~~
-Are you wearing the… -The Chanel boots?
-你穿的是~~~ -香奈儿的靴子?
Yeah, I am.
没错
You look good.
你看上去不错
-Oh, God. -What?
-哦,天哪。-怎么了?
-She does. -Oh, shut up, Serena.
-是真的。 -哦,闭嘴,赛琳娜
-See you guys tomorrow. -Good night, man. Take it easy.
-明天见 -晚安,伙计,当心点
Take care of that finger, huh?
当心那手指
So, what do you think?
你觉得怎么样?
Uh, I think we better get out of here…
我想我们该在我女友看到我之前快点离开这里
before my girlfriend sees me.



[Woman Singing]
-[Continues] -[Horn Honking]
[Continues]
[Cell Phone Rings]
-[Continues] -The gowns are fabulous.
-礼服很漂亮
Mm-hmm. We're gonna use the burgundy.
-还要勃垦的红酒
-Gotta find… -[Ends]
-得去找
So we spent a whole semester on potatoes alone.
我们整个学期都只吃土豆
You take the fry and squeeze it.
拿起薯条捏一下
-See how firm that is? -Hey. Oh, I'm so sorry I'm late.
-能吃的饱吗? -嘿,抱歉我迟到了
There was a crisis in the accessories department.
首饰部出了点状况
-I needed to find a python headband. -Pythors hot right now.
-我得找条蛇皮头巾 -蛇皮现在火着呢
I have exciting presents for all of you.
我有很棒的礼物送给你们
Are you ready?
准备好了没?
-What is that? -It's a Bang & Olufsen phone.
-那是什么? -B&Q的电话
Charlie Rose sent it to Miranda for her birthday.
查理·罗斯送给马琳达的生日礼物
I looked it up on line. It's $$1,100.
我上网查了一下,一千一百美金
-What? -Wow!
-什么?厉害!
And I have some products. Mason Pearson hairbrushes.
-还有一些其他产品 梅森·皮尔森的梳子
-A little Clinique. -Ooh!
-一些倩碧 -哦!
-Oh, damn it. I love your job. -Oh! One more.
-该死。 我爱死你的工作了 –哦!还有一个
-A little thing. -[Gasps]
-小小的惊喜
-Do you want it? You want… Oh. -Gimme! Gimme, gimme, gimme!
-你想要吗? 想要~~~~~ 哦,-给我!给我!给我给我
-I think she likes it. -Oh, my God! This is the new MarcJacobs!
-看样子她想要。 -哦,我的天!这是新的MJ



This is sold out everywhere. Where did you get this?
到处都售空了。 你怎么得到的?
Miranda didn't want it, so…
马琳达不想要这个, 所以~~
No, no, no, no, no. This bag is, like, $$1,900. I cannot take this from
you. 不不不不不, 这包值一千九百美金 我不能手下

-[Cackles] -Yeah, you can.
-你当然可以
-Why do women need so many bags? -Shut up.
-女人要这么多包做什么? -闭嘴
You have one. You put all your junk in it, and that's it. You're done.
一个包就够了,把东西都放进去不就得了
Fashion is not about utility.
时尚不是实惠
An accessory is merely a piece of iconography…
装饰品代表了你的形象
used to express individual identity.
展示你的个性
-Oh! And it's pretty. -That too.
-哦,太漂亮了 -那个也是
Yeah. But the thing is, it turns out there is more to Runway than just
fancy purses.
没错,而且《天桥》不仅仅代表漂亮包包
Look, here's an essay byJay Mclnerney, a piece byJoan Didion.
看,这里有杰·麦克伦尼的评论, 裘安迪迪昂的作品
Even an interview with Christiane Amanpour.
还有对克里斯蒂昂·阿曼普的采访
-Looks like someone's been drinking the Kool-Aid. -What do you…
-某人嘴巴抹了蜜了 -你怎么了
-[Cell Phone Ringing] -I got it. It's… Yup, the Dragon Lady.
-在我这里 是~·~是女魔头
-Oh, Miranda? -Let me talk to her.
-哦,马琳达? 让我来接。-
-I need that. -I'll tell her to get her own scrambled eggs.
-我要接。 -我告诉她让她自己做炒鸡蛋
Lily, no, no, no! Put that thing up! I was gonna answer it!
莉莉,别! 把那东西翻起来! 我要接那电话
It's gonna make… Give me the… phone.
不然会~~~ 把手机给我
[Beeps]
-[Sputters] -Hi, Miranda.
-你好,马琳达
-Ooh. Shh. -Absolutely.



-没问题

-Shh! -Uh-huh. I'm leaving right now.
-我现在就去
You know, you guys didn't have to be such assholes.
你们几个有必要这么混账吗?
[Rings]
[Electronica]
[Woman Singing]
Um, excuse me.
呃,对不起
I'm looking forJames Holt.
我找詹姆士·浩特
Um, that's him right there.
他就在那里
-Oh. Thanks. -No problem.
-哦,谢谢。 -没关系。
-I put my stuff out there, and I pray they improve. -Really?
-我把东西放那儿,祈祷他们能有所改善。 -是吗?
-Excuse me. -Hi.
-打扰了 -嗨
I'm Andy. I'm picking up for Miranda Priestly.
我是安迪,我来去马琳达·皮斯利的东西
Oh, yes. You must be the new Emily.
哦,是的。你就是新的艾米莉
-[Chuckling] -Nice to meet you.
-很高兴认识你。
-Oh, let me see that bag. Very, very nice. -Ah.
-让我看看那包。 非常漂亮
Distressed, studded leather, pieced by hand, finished with a metallic
fringe.
仿旧款式, 铁钉皮革, 手工缝合, 金属撬边
[Clicks Tongue] Very nice, indeed. Who made that fantastic thing?
真是漂亮极了, 这是哪位大师的杰作?
You.

Hmm. Duh. This way.
嗯,没错。 这边请
Uh, here we go.

It's a sketch of Miranda's dress for the benefit.
是马琳达参加慈善会穿的连衣裙的草图
Also the centerpiece of my spring collection. Top secret stuff.
还有我春季设计的主打款式, 高度机密



-I'll guard it with my life. -Please do.
-我会誓死护驾。 -拜托了

Come on. You're working for Miranda Priestly now.
来,你现在为马琳达·皮斯利工作
You must be in desperate need of hard liquor.
你肯定需要一杯酒
Excuse us, girls.
借过
She'll have the punch.
给她一杯鸡尾酒
[Clears Throat]
It's deadly. Have fun.
会让你神魂颠倒,好好享受
[Man Singing]
-He's right, you know. -Hmm?
-他说的没错 -什么?
The punch. I drank it atJames's last party.
鸡尾酒。 我在詹姆斯上次聚会时喝过
I woke up in Hoboken wearing nothing but a poncho and a cowboy hat.
在赫伯肯醒来时只穿了斗篷和牛仔帽
-[Continues] -Ah. Well.
-Wise. -[Chuckling]
-很明智
-Uh, hi. -Christian Thompson.
-你好 -克里斯丁·汤普森
Christian Thompson?You're kidding.
克里斯丁·汤普森?开玩笑
No, you're… You write for, like, every magazine I love.
不是,你~~~~你写的杂志我都很喜欢
I actually… I reviewed your collection of essays for my college
newspaper.
事实上,我看过你在大学时写的稿子
Did you mention my good looks and my killer charm?
有没有说我一表人才,英俊潇洒?
-No, but… -What do you do?
-没有,但~~-你现在做什么?
Oh. Well, I want to work for somewhere like The New Yorker or Vanity Fair.
哦,我想在其他地方工作, 像《纽约人》或者《都市生活》
-I am a writer too. -Is that right?
-我也是个作家。 -是吗?
-Mm-hmm. -I should read your stuff. Why don't you send it over?
-嗯, -我该看看你写的, 不如你寄些过来给我
Yeah? 行吗?



That would be… Thank you. That would be great. [Giggling]
那真是~~~ 谢谢, 真是太好了
But actually, right now, I'm working as Miranda Priestly's assistant.
不过现在,我是马琳达·皮斯利的助理
Oh, you're kidding. Well, that's too bad.
你开玩笑,那样太糟糕了
That's… Whoa. You'll never survive Miranda.
那~~~天哪 你肯定吃不消马琳达
-Excuse me? -Well, you seem nice, smart.
-为什么? -你看上去很善良,聪明
You can't do that job.
你不适合那工作
Gotta go.
我得走了
Okay.
好吧
Well, it was very, very nice to meet you, Miranda girl.
非常非常荣幸认识你, 马琳达女孩
Emily?
艾米莉?
Call James Holt's office. Tell them I want to move the preview up to today
at 12:30.
给詹姆斯·浩特办公室打电话,说预展提前到今天12点30
Tell everybody else. Be ready to leave in half an hour.
告诉大家, 半小时内准备好
But we're not expected until Tuesday. Did she say why?
但那应该在周二, 她说为什么了吗?
Yes. Yeah, she explained every detail of her decision making.
是的,关于她的决定,她解释了所有的细节
And then we brushed each other's hair and gabbed about American Idol.
然后我们互相给对方梳头,向美国偶像一样说话
I see your point.
我等你给你的意思了
-[Andy] what's a preview anyway? -Good morning, Miranda.
- 预展到底是什么? -早上好,马琳达
[Nigel] Miranda insists upon seeing all the designers'collections…
马琳达坚持要求在会展前看所有设计师的作品
before they show them.
-Great to see you. -Hello, James.
-很高兴见到你 -你好,詹姆斯
-[Andy] And she tells them what she thinks? -[Nigel] In her way.
- 然后她把想法告诉对方? -用她特殊的方式

Uh, this season really began for me with a meditation…



这季度的设计理念起源于我对

on the intersection between East and west.
东西风格合并的构想
[Nigel] There's a scale. One nod is good. Two nods is very good.
有个判定的方法,点一次是好,点两次是非常好
There's only been one actual smile on record, and that was Tom Ford in
2001.
唯一一次微笑记录实在2001年的汤姆·福特展上
An obi belt.
和服腰带
[Nigel] She doesn't like it, she shakes her head.
如果不喜欢,他就摇头
This is the dress that we have designed specifically and exclusively for
you.
这是我们特地精心为您设计的晚装
[Nigel] Then, of course, there's the pursing of the lips.
当然, 如果她紧闭嘴唇
[Andy] Which means?
意思是?
[Nigel] Catastrophe.
大灾难
[Whispers] Just, uh… Just go.
走, 快走
-I just don't understand. I'm appalled. -It's absurd. Appalled.
-我就是不明白, 太可怕了。 -荒谬,还有可怕
-You deal with it. -I'll talk to him.
-你来解决。 -我会跟他谈的
So because she pursed her lips, he's gonna change his entire collection?
就因为她紧闭嘴唇, 他就要更换所有的设计?
You still don't get it, do you?
你还是不明白,是不是?
Her opinion is the only one that matters.
她的观点才是最重要的
-Call my husband and confirm dinner. -At Pastis? Done.
-打电话给我丈夫确认晚餐。 -帕斯蒂咖啡馆?已经订好了
And I'll need a change of clothes.
我还需要换身衣服
Well, I've already messengered your outfit over to the shoot.
我已经短信把您的衣服送去杂志社了
Fine. And, Andrea, I would like you to deliver the Book to my home tonight.
好的,安吉丽雅, 我想让你今晚把书送来
-Have Emily give you the key. -Mm-hmm.
-让艾米莉给你钥匙 -嗯



-Guard this with your life. -Of course.
-用生命来保管这个 -当然
You know, if I can deliver the Book, that means I must have done something
right.
哟是我能去松鼠, 一定是我有做对事了
I'm not a psycho.
我不是变态
Oh, and, you know, she called me Andrea?
哦,知道吗?她叫我安吉丽雅?
I mean, she didn't call me Emily, which is… Isn't that great?
她没叫我艾米莉, 这样~~~~是不是很棒?
Yeah, whoopee. Right.
是啊, 万岁
Now, it's very important that you do exactly what I'm about to tell you.
现在听好我要告诉你的每一句话
Oh. Okay.
哦,好的
[Emily] The Book is assembled by 10:00, 10:30…
10:00至10:30,书会被剪辑好
and you must wait around for it until then.
你必须一直等到书完成为止
You will be delivering Miranda's dry cleaning with the Book.
你将马琳达干洗的衣物和书一起送去
Now, the car will take you straight to Miranda's townouse.
司机会直接把你送去马琳达市中心的住处
You let yourself in.
你开门进去
Andrea. You do not talk to anyone.
安吉丽雅,你不能和任何人说话
Do not look at anyone.
谁也不要看
This is of the utmost importance. You must be invisible.
这是至关重要的, 你必须变隐形
-Do you understand? -Uh-huh.
-明白了吗? -嗯
You open the door and you walk across the foyer.
你打开门, 穿过门庭
You hang the dry cleaning in the closet across from the staircase.
把衣服挂在楼梯对面的衣橱里
-Uh… -And you leave the Book on the table with the flowers.
-呃~~~-再把书放在有花的桌子上
[Panting]
-Shit! -[Girl] It's that door to the left.
-该死 - 是左边那扇门



Okay.
好的
[Whispers] Thank you.
谢谢
-You can give the Book to us. -Shh. Which… Which table?
-你可以把书给我们 -嘘, 哪张桌子?
-It's okay. Come on up. -No, I can't. I can't.
-没关系,上来吧 -不,我不能上去
-What? It's okay. -Come on.
-什么? 没关系的 -来啊
-Yeah, come on. It's okay. -Please stop talking.
-是啊,来啊,没事的。 -拜托别说了
Or you can bring the Book upstairs. Emily does it all the time.
你可以把书带上来, 艾米莉经常这么做
She does? Right. She does, all the time.
有吗? 是啊, 她经常这样
Yeah? Okay.
是吗?好的
[Giggling]
[Miranda] what did you expect me to do, walk out in the middle of a cover
shoot?
你要我怎么做,在封面拍摄途中溜出来?
[Man] I rushed out of an investment committee meeting…
我从投资协会的会议中冲出来
and I sat there waiting for you for almost an hour.
坐在那里等了你近一个小时
I told you the cell phones didn't work. Nobody could get a signal out.
都说了手机没信号, 所有人都没信号
[Man] I knew what everyone in that restaurant was thinking…
我知道餐厅里的其他人怎么想~~~~
there he is, waiting for her again.
看他,又在等她
-Okay, okay! Okay, okay. -Oh, no. Shh!
-好,好!好,好。 -哦,不
It really wasrt that big a deal. I promise.
事情没那么严重, 我发誓
The twins said hello, so I said hello back.
双胞胎说你好, 我也说你好
-Then I went up the stairs to give her the Book and… -You went upstairs?
-然后我上楼给她书,然后~~ -你上楼了?
Oh, my God. Why didn't you just climb into bed with her and ask for a bedtime
story?
哦,天哪,你干脆去她床边让她念故事算了!
Okay, I made a mistake. I know.



信了,我知道错了

Andrea, you don't understand.
安吉丽雅,你不明白
If you get fired, that might jeopardize Paris for me.
如果你被炒,我就去不成巴黎了。
If that happens, I will search every Blimpie's in the tristate area until
I track you down.
真要是那样, 我会追杀你到天涯海角
She's gonna fire me?
她会解雇我?
I don't know. She's not happy.
我不知道, 她很不高兴
[Miranda] Andrea?
安吉丽雅?
[Snaps Fingers]
Miranda, about last night, I…
马琳达,关于昨晚,我~~~
I need the new Harry Potter book for the twins.
我要给双胞胎新的《哈利·波特》书
Okay. Okay. I'll go down to Barnes & Noble right now.
好的,好的, 我马上去书店买
Did you fall down and smack your little head on the pavement?
你在人行道摔伤脑袋了?
Not that I can recall.
我不记得有啊
We have all the published Harry Potter books. The twins want to know what
happens next.
我们有所有已经出版的《哈利·波特》,双胞胎想知道接下来会怎么样
You want the unpublished manuscript?
你要未出版的手稿?
We know everyone in publishing. It shouldn't be a problem, should it?
我们和众多出版界打交道, 这应该不是问题, 对吗?
And you can do anything, right?
你会尽你所能,对吗?
[Cell Phone Rings]
Yes, Bobbsey. I know, baby.
是的,小波波,我知道,宝贝
Mommy's working very hard to get it for you.
妈妈已经尽全力帮你去找了
She doesn't get it.
她是故意的
I could call frickirJ.K. Rowling herself. I'm not gonna get a copy of that
book.



就算有J·K·罗琳的电话,我也要不到那书

My girls are leaving on the train for their grandmother's at 4:00…
我的孩子会坐4点的火车去见她们外婆
so the book better be here no later than 3:00.
那书最晚要在3点弄到手
-Of course! -And I would like my steak here in 15 minutes.
-当然! -15分钟内准备好我的牛排
No problem! [Panting]
没问题!
Okay. I have four hours to get the impossible manuscript.
好了,4个小时内得到不可能得到的手稿
Smith & Wollensky's doesn't open until 11:30. How am I gonna get the steak?
SW牛排店11:30分才开门, 要去哪儿买牛排?
Okay. I will be back in 15 minutes.
好吧,我15分钟内回来
-Wish me luck! -No. Shart.
-祝我好运! -霉运送给你。
Yes, yes, yes, yes. I've been on hold. It's for Miranda Priestly.
是,是,是,是, 我还在, 这是马琳达·皮斯利的要求
It's very important.
非常重要
Yes, I know it's impossible to get…
是,我知道这不可能
but, well, I was wondering if you could make the impossible possible…
所以,我才问你是不是能将不可能变成可能
if that's at all possible. [Laughing]
那样可能的话
Yes, I'm calling about the Harry Potter manuscript.
是,我打电话询问《哈利·波特》的手稿
Uh, no. Unpublished.
哦,不,是未出版的。
Not a chance?
没门?
Tell her that it's for Miranda Priestly.
告诉她是马琳达·皮斯利要求的
'Cause I think it makes a difference.
能重新考虑吗?
Let me call you back.
我等会儿打给你
You probably don't remember me. We met atJames Holt's party.
你可能不记得我, 我们子詹姆斯·浩特的聚会上见过面
I'm Miranda Priestly's assistant. 我是马琳达·皮斯利的助手
The Harry Potter manuscript?Oh, you're kidding.



《哈利·波特》的手稿? 开玩笑吧

Uh, sorry to ask, but I'm desperate.
抱歉打扰, 但我也是穷途末路。
Just tell her it can't be done. You'll have to come up with a Plan
就跟她说不可能, 想其他办法
Well, this is Miranda Priestly we're talking about.
我们再说马琳达·皮斯利
There is no Plan
没有其他办法,只有一个办法
Is she back? Am I fired?
她回来了吗?我被炒了吗?
I rarely say this to people who aren't me…
我很少对我之外的人说这话~~~
but you have got to calm down.
但你得冷静下来
Bloody hell!
该死
Coat, bag.
外套,包
What's that? Oh, I don't want that. I'm having lunch with Irv.
那是什么? 我不要了 我和俄弗一起吃午餐
I'll be back at 3:00. I'd like my Starbucks waiting.
我会在3点回来, 那时要一杯星巴克的咖啡
Oh, and if you don't have that Harry Potter book by then…
哦,如果,到那时还没有《哈利·波特》的书
don't even bother coming back.
你就别回来了
[Phone Rings]
Hello.
喂,
Quit? Are you sure?
辞职?你确定?
I failed. She's gonna fire me anyway.
我完了,特肯定会炒了我
-I might as well beat her to the punch. -Wow.
-还不如先辞职算了 -哇
Andy, good for you. Congratulations. You're free.
安迪,干得好, 恭喜你, 你自由了
-Yeah. Well, listen, I'll call you later. -Okay.
-是啊, 我呆会儿再打给你 -好
-[Line Clicks, Phone Rings] -Hello.
-你好
I'm brilliant. No, really. 我是天才,真的



-Monuments should be erected in my honor. -You didn't.
-该为我立纪念碑 -不会吧
Oh, yes. A friend of a friend does the cover art…
是的, 一个朋友的朋友做封面设计
and she happens to have the manuscript.
她碰巧有那份手稿
Oh, no, 'cause that would mean that I actually did something right.
哦,不, 那意味着我还是做对了一件事了
[Chuckles] It's just… Oh!
这真是~~~哦!
The thing is, Christian, I was just…
问题是,克里斯丁, 我只是~~~
Look, you want this thing, you better hurry. I'll meet you at the St. Regis.
你还想要那东西的话就快点 去圣理杰斯见我
-Excuse me. -[Horn Honks]
-借过
-Welcome to the St. Regis. May I assist you with anything? -Oh. Yes.
-欢迎来到升理杰斯。 能为您服务吗? -哦,是的
-Uh, I'm meeting someone at the King Cole Bar. -Right this way.
-我在科尔国王酒吧约了朋友 -这边请
Hi.

-You have one hour. -Thank you.
-你还有一个小时 -谢谢
One copy. What are my twins gonna do with that? Share?
一份手稿 双胞胎该怎么办? 一起看?
Oh, no, I made two copies…
哦,不,我已经做了2份
and had them covered, reset and bound so that they wouldn't look like
manuscripts.
装订好了,再做了封面,那样看起来就不像手稿了
This is an extra copy to have on file. You know, just in case.
这是备份拷贝, 以防万一
Well, where are these fabulous copies?I don't see them anywhere.
那些装订好的拷贝呢? 我怎么没看到?
[Whistle Blows]
[Andy] They're with the twins, on the train on the way to Grandma's.
双胞胎已经在去外婆家的火车上开始看了
Is there anything else I can do for you?
还有什么需要我做的吗?
Mm-mmm. That's all.
就这些吧
Okay.
好的



[Door Opens]

-Hey. -Hey. I went to Dean & Deluca.
-嘿,嘿 我去了迪恩德鲁卡超市
Man, they charge, like, five dollars a strawberry there.
天,那里的草莓居然要五块钱一颗
But I figure since you quit your job…
可是我想既然你辞职了
we should celebrate.
我们应该庆祝一下
-Listen, Nate. -Wait a minute.
-听着, 内特 -等等
You quit your job, but you're still working on the twins' science project?
你都已经辞职了,怎么还给双胞胎做手工?
Well, that's big of you.
你可真伟大
Okay, after we talked, I realized…
给你打完电话后, 我觉得~~~
it doesn't make sense throwing away all those months ofhard work.
都辛苦了好几个月,就这么放弃实在是不应该
I just had a moment of weakness, that's all.
不过是因为我的一念之差,所以
Yeah, well, either that, or your job sucks and your boss is a wacko.
是,是, 要不就是, 因为你喜欢糟糕的工作和变态的老板
All right. Whatever. It's your job.
好吧, 随便你, 这是你的工作
Nate.
内特
Come on.
别这样
I'm still the same person I was.
我还是原来的我
I still want the same things. Okay?
我想要的一直没变
-Mm-hmm. -I promise. Same Andy, better clothes.
-我保证, 内容不变, 只是包装更好
-[Giggles] -I like the old clothes.
-我比较恋旧
Really?
是吗?
Well, what about these necklaces?Do you like them?
那这些项链怎么样? 你喜欢吗?
No? And this dress, it's new.
不?那这裙子呢? 这可是新的



Eh.

Well, there is one other thing that's new…
这个,还有样东西也是新的
that I thought you might like.
我觉得你可能会喜欢
But, uh… What about this?
不过~~~~ 这个怎么样?
You don't like it. I should better do…
你不喜欢。 我还是去做
No, no, no, no.
不,不,不
[Woman Singing]
[Ends]
Is this number two look?This is number two?
这是第二款造型吗? 这是第二款?
-Hi. -Hi. All right. Turn around for me, darling.
-嗨,嗨。好了, 转过来, 亲爱的
Oh, I get it. I get it. I get it.
噢,我懂了, 我懂了
The piece is called
这是拍那组“都市丛林”,对吧?
Yes, the modern woman unleashes the animal within to take on the big city.
是,现代女性通过释放内在的野性来征服城市
[Growls] Good. Go.
好了,去吧
[Sighs] Sometimes I can't believe I talk about this crap all day.
我每天都在说些不知所云的废话
-Bobby, come here. Let me see. -Oh, thank you.
-伯比, 过来, 让我看看 -谢谢你
-Make sure Miranda gets these as soon as possible. -Mm-hmm.
-尽快把这些样片送到马琳达手上 -嗯
And tell her I switched in the Dior for the Rocha.
告诉她我让罗沙改拍迪奥了
-Oh, great. Can't wait. -Excuse me.
-噢,真好, 迫不及待 -对不起
-Can we adjust the attitude? -I'm sorry.
-态度能不能好点? -对不起
-Don't make me feed you to one of the models. -I'm sorry.
-别跟那些模特一个德行 -对不起
It's a busy day.
今天太忙了
My personal life is hanging by a thread, that's all.
我的个人生活岌岌可危, 所以




Join the club. That's what happens when you start doing well at work,
darling.
彼此彼此, 亲爱的,这说明你的工作开始步入正轨了
Let me know when your whole life goes up in smoke.
等你的个人生活化为乌有的时候, 记得通知我一生
That means it's time for a promotion.
那说明你要被提拔了
No. All right, February, back of the issue.
不行,好了, 言归正传 ,二月号
Did anybody speak with Salma's people yet?
你们和萨尔玛联系过了吗?
Yes, but she'd rather do a summer cover because she has a movie coming
out.
有的,但她更想做夏季刊的封面,来配合她新拍的电影
No. Also, I'm pulling the Toobin piece on the Supreme Court women…
不行,还有,图比做的那篇,关于最高法院里的女性
woman.
不能跟上
And I need to see a new draft on that piece…
还有那篇关于选购整形手术医生
about shopping for a plastic surgeon… It's dull.
的文章要重写 太平淡了
And this layout for the winter wonderland spread.
还有这个“冬季奇境”折页的版面
Not wonderful yet.
一点都不奇
Oh, okay. L-I'll look at it.
好的,我再考虑一下
What about Testino?Where are we on that?
泰斯蒂诺怎么样? 进度如何?
Zac Posers doing some very sculptural suits.
扎克的追随者设计了一些雕塑感很强的衣服
So I suggested that, uh, Testino shoot them at the Noguchi Garden.
所以我建议让泰斯蒂诺在野口勇博物馆拍这组片
Perfect.
很好
Thank God somebody came to work today.
谢天谢地,还有人来上班
What about accessories for April?
四月的首饰版面呢?
One thought I had was enamel. Um, bangles, pendants, earrings.
我觉得可以考虑做一辑配饰,想手镯、吊坠、耳环之类
No. We did that two years ago. What else?



不行,那个两年前出过一次, 还有什么?
Um, well, they're showing a lot of florals right now, so I was thinking…
这个,现在印花图案比较流行, 所以我在想
Florals? For spring? Groundbreaking.
印花?春季拍印花?真有创意
But we thought about shooting them in an industrial space.
但我们想可以选一个工厂厂房来拍
We thought the contrast between the femininity of the florals…
通过印花图案的柔弱与硬朗、粗糙环境的对比
and the more raw, rough-hewn background would create this wonderful
tension between…
可以促使一种特殊的张力在~~~
-No. -Which?
-不 -在~~~
-[Emily Coughing] -No.
-不行
[Coughing Continues]
Does anybody else have anything I can possibly use?
你们能拿一点我能用的东西出来吗?
Antibacterial wipes perhaps?
或者是消毒纸巾?
[Groans]
-How's the cold doing? -Like death warmed up actually.
-感冒怎么样了? -死去活来
[Sniffles] Oh, God.
噢,上帝
It's the benefit tonight. I've been looking forward to it for months.
今晚是慈善玩会, 我已经盼了好几月了
I refuse to be sick. I'm wearing Valentino, for crying out loud.
我不能生病, 我要穿华伦天奴, 气死我了
Right. Well, everybody will be leaving soon to get ready…
对, 过会儿所有人都该去做准备了~~~
so I suggest you go and drop Miranda's Fendi bag off at the showroom…
我建议你去把马琳达的芬迪包拿到陈列室
and then I suppose you can just go home.
然后就没你什么事了
Yeah? Oh, well, that is great. Perfect actually.
是吗?噢,太好了,简直是完美
I need to get to Magnolia Bakery before it closes. It's Nate's birthday
tonight.
我得赶紧去木兰面包房, 今天是内特的生日
So we're, uh, having a little party for him.
我们要给他办个生日会
Yeah, I'm hearing this, and I wanna hear this.



是,真是啰嗦, 还不闭嘴走人
Bye.

I love my job. I love my job. I love my job.
我热爱我的工作~~~~~~
[Chattering]
[Cell Phone Rings]
Hello?
喂?
Before the benefit tonight, I need to make sure…
在今晚的慈善晚会开始前, 我要求~~~
that you're both fully prepped on the guest list.
你们两个都背好来宾名单
But I thought that only the first assistant went to the benefit.
可我认为只有首席助理才能去慈善晚会
Only when the first assistant hasn't decided to become…
前提是第一助理没有变成~~~
an incubus of viral plague.
一个可怕的病原体
You'll come and help Emily.
你去帮艾米莉的忙
-That's all. -Right.
-就这样 -好吧
These are all of the guests. Miranda invites everyone.
这是所有来宾, 马琳达把每个人都请来了
We have to make sure that they all think she knows exactly who they are.
我们必须确保让他们觉得马琳达清清楚楚的记得每一个人
And I've been studying for weeks.
我已经研究了好几个礼拜了
I have to learn all these by tonight?
我今晚就要把这一大本都记下来?
No, don't be silly, Andrea. These too.
不,别傻了, 安吉丽雅,两大本
Look, you better just start without me, okay?I'll get there as soon as
I can.
你们还是先开始吧,被等我了, 我会尽早赶回去
Andy, come on, it's his birth…
安迪,别啊, 这是他的生~~
Okay, but hurry.
好吧,不过快点
Oh, please, believe me, I will. This is the last thing that I wanna…
噢,拜托, 相信我, 我一定会,最不想做的就是~~~~
Ooh, I love that. Uh, I'll call you the second I'm leaving, okay?
噢, 我喜欢这个。我走时给你电话, 好吗?




-Will that fit me? -Oh, yeah.
-我能穿吗? -可以
A little Crisco and some fishing line, and we're in business.
弄点润滑油和鱼线, 一定能把你塞进去
[Sarcastic Chuckle]
[Woman Singing]
Well, nothing really. I mean, this is…
真的没什么, 我是说,这是~~~
I mean, really, this is the social event of the season.
我是说,这是这一季的一件社交大事
[Continues]
Oh, oh, my God. Andy, you look so chic.
噢,上帝,安迪, 你看起来很别致
Oh, thanks, Em. You look so thin.
哦,谢谢, 你看起来很瘦
-Do I? -Yeah.
-真的吗? -是的
Oh, it's for Paris. I'm on this new diet.
这都是为了巴黎, 我在进行一项新的节食方法
It's very effective. Well, I don't eat anything.
非常有效, 为什么都不吃
And then when I feel like I'm about to faint, I eat a cube of cheese.
当我觉得快要晕倒的时候, 我就吃一块奶酪
-Well, it's definitely working. -I know.
-效果真明显 -我知道
I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.
我的胃口才造成我的体重有增无减
[Man Singing]
[Ends]
That's John Folger, the new artistic director of the Chelsea Rep.
那是约翰·福尔杰, 切尔西剧团的新任艺术总监
-John, thanks for coming. -Hey there.
-约翰,谢谢你的到来 -你好
-[John] Oh, thank you. It's always nice seeing you. -Stop fidgeting.
-谢你才对, 每次见你都非常开心 -别乱晃
I'm sorry. I'm so late.
对不去, 我迟到太久了
Just deal with it. You have to be here.
别想了, 你必须在这里呆着
Emily, come here. 艾米莉,过来
Isn't thatJacqueline Follet from French Runway?
那是法国版天桥的杰奎琳·芙蕾吗?
Oh, my God, and Miranda hates her.



天哪! 马琳达讨厌她
She was supposed to arrive after Miranda left.
她应该在马琳达走了以后才出现的
-I didn't… Oh. -Yeah.
-我不~~~~ -是啊
-Miranda, fabulous event as always. -You broughtJacqueline.
-马琳达,真是一如既往的盛会啊 -你把杰奎琳带来了
-Surprise. -Quelle surprise.
-惊喜吧 -真是惊喜啊
Oh, wonderful. We're so happy you were able to come to our little
gathering.
太好了,你能来参加我们这个小聚会真是让人开心
Of course. I plan my whole year around this.
当然要来, 我今年都在为这个聚会作准备
Well, we're so grateful that you do.
你这么有心,真让我们感动
-Ciao. -Have you gotten my note?
-再见 -你收到我给你的信了吗?
Yes, I did. We'll discuss it on Wednesday.
受到了, 我礼拜三在讨论
-Yes, I agree. No business tonight. -Not tonight.
-好的,今晚不谈公事 -不谈公事
-Enjoy. -[Sniffles]
-玩得开心
Em.
Oh, thanks. Thanks.
噢,谢谢
Oh, um… Oh, my God. I just can't remember what his name is.
噢,上帝, 我记不起他的名字了
I just saw his name this morning on the list.
我今天早上还看过他的名字
It's… Oh, I know this. It's something to do with…
是~~~~ 我记得, 他是在~~~
Wait, he was… he was part of the… Oh, God, I know this. Um…
等等,他是~~~ 他是一位~~~ 噢,上帝, 我知道的~~~
It's Ambassador Franklin, and that's the woman that he left his wife for,
Rebecca.
他是富兰克林大使, 为了身边那个女人离婚了, 丽贝卡
-Rebecca. Ambassador. -Miranda.
-丽贝卡,大使先生 -马琳达
-You look fabulous. -Oh, very kind.
-你真是容光焕发 -哦,谢谢
-Thank you. -[Chattering Continues]
-谢谢你




-Look at you. -Hello.
-这是谁啊? -你好
You're… You're a vision.
你是~~~你真是梦幻仙子
-Oh. [Scoffs] -Thank God I saved your job.
-哦 -谢天谢地我帮你保住了饭碗
[Stammers, Chuckles] You know, I figured out a few things on my own too.
这个, 我自己也认真的反省了一下
Turns out, I'm not as nice as you thought.
结果发现, 我没你想的那么好
I hope not.
我希望不是
Well, if it werert for the stupid boyfriend…
如果不是因为你已经名花有主~~~
I'd have to whisk you away right here and now.
我现在就把你劫走的
-Do you actually say things like that to people? -Evidently.
-你不会真的对别人讲这种话吧? -显然
[Giggles] Well, I gotta go.
我得走了
Are you sure? 'Cause my editor for New York Magazine is inside…
一定要走吗? 《纽约》杂志社的编辑在里面
and, you know, I could introduce you two.
你知道, 我可以介绍你们认识
-You sent over your stuff for me to look at? Remember? -Yeah.
-你不是寄了一些文章给我吗? 记得不? -是的
All right, I gotta admit, I only read a couple. It was a very large packet
you sent.
好的,我得承认, 我只看了几篇, 你寄来了一大包
-Yeah. -But what I did read wasrt half bad.
-是 -但就我看过的来说还算好
And, you know, I think… I think you have a talent, Andy.
你知道的,我觉得 ~~~ 我觉得你很有天分, 安迪
He should meet you.
他应该见见你
Why don't you come in?Just for one drink.
你干嘛不和我进去呢? 就喝杯东西
Um, okay, yeah. I guess I could for one…
好吧,是啊,就喝杯东西还是可以
No, I can't. I'm sorry, but I have to go.
不,我不可以,对不起, 我这得走了
All right. Give my best to the boyfriend.
好吧, 替我向男朋友问好




Roy, I'm sorry. Can you go any faster?
罗伊,抱歉, 你能再开快一点吗?
I'm sure Nate will understand.
我相信内特会理解的
Yeah.
是的
[TV, Indistinct]
Hey.

Happy birthday.
生日快乐
Nate, I'm so sorry.
内特,真对不起
I kept trying to leave, but there was a lot going on.
我一直试着想离开, 但事情实在是太多了
And, you know, I didn't have a choice.
你知道的, 我没的选
Don't worry about it.
别担心了
[Grunts] I'm gonna go to bed.
我睡觉去了
Can we at least talk about this?
我们能不能谈一谈?
You look really pretty.
你看起来很美
[Miranda] Andrea?
安吉丽雅?
-Do you have the Book? -Oh. Uh…
-你把书带了吗? 哦,
Mm.
Paris is the most important week of my entire year.
巴黎是我每年最重要的一周
I need the best possible team with me.
我需要带一个最精英的团队去
That no longer includes Emily.
那已经不包括艾米莉了
Wait. You want me to…
等等,你要我去~~
No, Miranda.
不,马琳达
[Exhales] Emily would die.
艾米莉会死的
Her whole life is about Paris.



她全部的生活都是围绕着巴黎
She hasn't eaten in weeks. L-I can't… do that.
为这她已经好几个星期都没吃东西了。我不能~~~这样做
Miranda, I can't.
马琳达,我不能去
If you don't go, I'll assume you're not serious about your future…
如果你不去, 我会认为,你并不重视你的将来
at Runway or any other publication.
不管是在《天桥》还是其他出版社
The decisiors yours.
你自己决定
That's all.
就这样
[Woman Singing]
[Laughing]
[Continues]
-[Continues] -Hey, Andy.
-嘿,安迪
-Hey. -You coming to bed anytime soon?
-嘿 -你什么时候谁啊?
Uh, yeah. Five minutes, okay?
再过五分钟,好吗?
[Ends]
[Fax Printing]
[Clears Throat]
Andrea, don't forget to tell Emily.
安吉丽雅, 别忘告诉艾米莉
Do it now.
现在就说
-[Line Ringing] -Don't pick up.
-别接电话
-Don't pick up. Don't pick up. Don't pick… -Hi.
-别接电话,别接电话 ~~~ -嗨
-Emily. -Hi, hi. Sorry I'm late.
-艾米莉 –嗨,嗨,抱歉我迟到了
It's just Miranda wanted some scarves from Hermes.
马琳达让我去爱马仕拿丝巾
And she did tell me yesterday, but I forgot like an idiot.
她昨天告诉我的,可我糊里糊涂的给忘了
And so I freaked out, of course.
所以我现在要疯了
Emily, Emily, l-I need to talk to you.
艾米莉,艾米莉 ,我有事要告诉你
I called Martine at home, and she opened the shop early. Whoa! I'm sorry.



我打电话去马丁家, 让她提前开店了, 对不起
She opened the shop early for me, so I got them, which is great.
她替我开了店门, 然后我拿到了丝巾,非常顺利
Okay. Um, Emily, wh-when you come in…
好的, 艾米莉, 等你回来了~~~
there's something I have to talk to you about.
我有点事想告诉你
-Well, I hope it's not another Miranda problem. -Not exactly.
-但愿别是马琳达的问题 -不完全是
Well, good, because I've got so much to deal with before I go. I swear
to God…
那就好,我走之前要忙的事太多了, 我发誓
-[Gasps] -[Horn Honks, Tires Skid]
-[Clamoring] -[Woman] Oh, my God!
哦,天哪
Emily?
艾米莉?
[Woman On P.A., Indistinct]
[Elevator Bell Dings]
I don't care if she was gonna fire you or beat you with a red-hot poker!
我不管她是威胁你要炒你鱿鱼, 还是拿鞭子抽你!
You should have said no.
你应该说不的!
Emily, I didn't have a choice.
艾米莉,我没有选择
-Oh. Please. -You know how she is.
-拜托 -你知道她那个人
-That is a pathetic excuse. -[Door Opens]
-这算什么破借口?
Thanks.
谢谢
Do you know what really just…
你知道整件事里~~
gets me about this whole thing…
什么最让我生气吗?
is that, you know, you're the one who said you don't really care about
this stuff.
你一直口口声声说,你一点也不在乎这些东西
And you don't really care about fashion. You just wanna be a journalist.
你一嗲也不在乎时尚, 你只想当个记者
What a pile of bollocks!
全都是胡说八道
Emily, I know you're mad. I don't blame you.
艾米莉,我知道你很生气, 我不怪你

高尔基的童年-试用员工转正申请书


有关元宵节的诗句-主持稿串词


2011年高考分数线-为考试加油的暖心句子


苏州大学怎么样-党课学习心得


三八节标语-有关新闻的作文


宁夏人事考试信息网-自贡市蜀光中学


浙江三本院校-学生入党转正申请书


河南大学选课-入党积极分子思想汇报范文