生活大爆炸第一季12英文剧本
玛丽莲梦兔
525次浏览
2020年07月31日 07:19
最佳经验
本文由作者推荐
xxxo-人梯
tunnel:掘地道
当我家人在挖地道逃出朝鲜时,我浪费了一年的时间。
-Leonard:Advantage Kim.
Kim领先。
-Gablehauser:I thought maybe you boys could show Dennis around.
show around:领…参观
我希望你们能带Kim四处参观一下。
Let him see why we're the best physics research facility in the country.
physics:物理学 facility:机构
让他看看咱们为什么是全国最好的物理研究机构。
-Dennis:I already know you're not.
我已经知道你们不是了。
You don't have an Open Science Grid computer or a free electron laser,
grid:输电网 free electron:自由电子 electron:电子 laser:激光
你们没OSG计算机或自由电子激光器 (OSG是科研使用的分布式计算基础设施),
And the string theory research being done here is nothing but a dead end.
string:弦 theory:理论 nothing but:只不过 dead end:死胡同
还有你们这的弦论研究已经走进死巷了。
-Sheldon:Excuse me, that is my research, and it is by no means a dead end.
by no means:决不
等等,那是我的研究而且绝没有走进死巷。
-Dennis:Well, obviously you don't see it yet, but trust me, you will.
obviously:显然 trust:相信
你现在显然还没意识到这点,不过相信我你会的。
-Gablehauser:Dennis, we've discussed this.
discuss:讨论
Dennis我们讨论过这问题了。
We're in the process of updating our equipment,
in the process of:在…过程中 updating:更新 equipment:设备
我们正在更新仪器设备,
And we welcome your input on our research goals,
input:输入 goals:目标
我们欢迎你对我们的研究目标提出意见,
And we've agreed to look the other way if you want to use up to 20% of the grant money you attract to smuggle your grandfather out of Pyongyang.
look the other way:避而不看某人 use up:用光 grant:助学金 smuggle:私运 Pyongyang:平壤(朝鲜首都)
而且如你打算用20%的研究资金用于把你爷爷偷运出平壤,我们会睁只眼闭只眼
We want him here, boys.
我们想要他留下,孩子们。
Make it happen.
靠你们了。
-Sheldon:Yes, sir.
遵命。
You can count on us.
count on:依赖,依靠
我们会不负所托的。
We're on it.
交给我们好了。
What the hell do you mean, "dead end"?
dead end:死胡同
你小子什么意思,什么叫"死巷"?
-Dennis:I mean, the whole landscape of false vacuums in string theory could be as large as ten to the five hundredth power.
landscape:景观 false:假的,伪的 vacuums:真空 string theory:弦理论 hundredth:百分之一 power:能量
我是说弦论中整个的伪真空可能高达5%到10%的能量。
In addition--
另外...
Ooh, look, chocolate milk.
chocolate:巧克力
喔,瞧啊,巧克力牛奶。
-Sheldon:I sense a disturbance in the Force.
熟的高尚劳工在这里,为那些能够思索和梦想的人服务。
Hello, Oompah Loompahs of science.
你们好啊,科学国度的勤劳小精灵。
-Howard:Sheldon, what are you doing here?
Sheldon你来干吗?
-Sheldon:I just came by to say hello.
只是过来打声招呼。
-Howard:I've been in this lab for three years.
我在这里三年了。
You've never come by to say hello.
你从没过来打招呼。
-Sheldon:Well, up until now, I've had better things to do.
这之前我都在忙着更重要的事情。
So, what are we making today?
咱们今天做的是什么啊?
-Howard:A small payload support structure for a European science experimental package
payload:有效载荷 support:支撑 structure:结构 European:欧洲的
为一个欧洲科学实验组做一个小的飞船有效载荷支撑结构,
That’s going up on the next space shuttle.
space shuttle:航天飞机
会用于下一班航天飞机。
-Sheldon:Really?
真的吗?
How does it work?
它怎么工作的?
-Howard:When this is done,
这个完成之后,
It will be attached to the payload bay, and the sensor apparatus will rest on it.
be attached to:附属于 sensor:传感器 apparatus:仪器 rest on:搁在…上
会被安装在航天飞机的有效载荷舱里,到时候传感器仪器就会放在上面。
-Sheldon:So it's a shelf.
shelf:架,棚
这么说来这是个架子。
-Howard:No, you don't understand--
不是,你没明白--
During acceleration, it needs to stay perfectly level and provide...
acceleration:加速 stay:保持 level:水平的
在航天飞机加速期间,这必须保持彻底水平并提供...
Yeah, okay, it's a shelf.
好吧,是的,这是个架子。
-Sheldon:Now, I notice you're using titanium.
notice:注意到 titanium:钛
我注意到你用的是钛金属。
Did you give any consideration to carbon nanotubes?
consideration:考虑 carbon:碳 nanotubes:纳米管
你有没有考虑过用碳纳米管?
They're lighter, cheaper, and have twice the tensile strength.
tensile strength:抗张强度 tensile:拉力,张力
它们更轻更、便宜、拉伸强度则是钛的两倍。
-Howard:Sheldon,
Sheldon.
There’s a diploma in my office that says I have a master's in engineering.
diploma:学位证书master:硕士 engineering:工程学
我办公室有张证书证明我有工程学硕士学位。
-Sheldon:And you also have a note from your mother that says, "I love you, Bubula."
note:信条 Bubula:宝贝儿子(犹太语)
你还有张你妈妈写给你的条子说"我爱你,宝贝儿子(犹太语)"
But neither of those is a cogent argument for titanium over nanotubes.
cogent:有说服力的 argument:论据 titanium:钛 nanotubes:纳米管
不过这两样东西都不能证明钛比纳米管更有效。
-Howard:Sheldon?
Sheldon?
-Sheldon:Yes?
什么事?
-Howard:Go away!
走开!
replica:复制品 Jerusalem:耶路撒冷 Mexican:墨西哥的 desert:沙漠
我要解决中东危机,办法就是在墨西哥沙漠里精确地再造一个耶路撒冷。
-Gablehauser:To what end?
为什么?
-Sheldon:You know, it's like the baseball movie.
baseball:棒球
你知道,就象那个关于棒球的电影。
Build it and they will come.
建成了他们就会来了。
-Gablehauser:Who will come?
谁会来?
-Sheldon:The Jewish people.
Jewish:犹太人的
犹太人。
-Gablehauser:What if they don't come?
要是他们不来呢?
-Sheldon:We'll make it nice, put out a spread.
put out:发布 spread:传播
那就建造得很好再做做宣传。
-Gablehauser:Okay, well, um...
好吧,那个,呃...
speaking of spreads,
speaking of:谈到…
说起宴会,
We’re having a small welcoming party this afternoon
我们今天下午为Kim先生办一个小型欢迎会,
For Mr. Kim who's agreed to join us here at the university.
他已经决定加入我们大学了。
-Sheldon:Of course he has.
那当然了。
The Oracle told us little Neo was the one.
Oracle:圣贤
当然了,Oracle告诉过我们小Neo就是那个人 (参见"黑客帝国"的情节)。
You can see The Matrix, can't you?
你能看见Matrix,对吧 (参见"黑客帝国"的情节)?
-Gablehauser:Okay,
好了。
Well, obviously you're very busy with your, uh, um...
obviously:显然地
显然你正忙着...
Come, Dennis.
走吧Dennis。
You'll have to excuse Dr. Cooper.
你别介意Cooper博士。
He's been under a lot of, um...
他受到很大的...
He's nuts.
nuts:发疯的,傻的
他疯了。
-Dennis:Ay yay yay yay ,Hava nagila...
* 哎呀呀呀 * * 大家来庆祝 *
They'll come, they'll settle, and I'll win the prize.
* 他们会来,他们会住下,我会拿到奖。 *(著名犹太民歌)
-Sheldon:I really don't understand your objections, Professor Goldfarb.
objections:反对的理由
我真不明白你的反对理由,Goldfarb教授。
Why wouldn't the Sonora Desert make a perfectly good promised land?
Sonora:索诺拉州 Desert:沙漠 promised land:乐土,福地
Sonora沙漠为什么不能成为一个好的"应许之地" (指以色列的国土)?
-Man(Professor Goldfarb):Go away.
走开。
-Sheldon:We could call it Nuevo Jerusalem.
Jerusalem:耶路撒冷
可以改名叫新耶路撒冷。
-Man(Professor Goldfarb):Please go away.
请走开。
-Sheldon:Said Pharaoh to Moses.
Pharaoh:法老 Moses:摩西
法老对摩西说的也是这句。
-Gablehauser:Why are all these young women here?
怎么来了这么多年轻女孩子?
-Leonard:It's Take Your Daughter To Work Day.
今天是"带女儿上班日"。
-Gablehauser:Really? I was not aware of that.
be aware of:知道
真的吗?我怎么不知道。
-Raj:Oh, yes.
没错。
There was a very official e-mail that was sent to everyone whose i
nsurance files indicated they had daughters between the ages of 14 and 16.
official:正式的 insurance:保险 files:文件 indicate:指出
凡是保险档案上写着他们的女儿是14-16岁之间的人,都收到了一封很正式的通知电邮。
-Howard:Smooth.
说得好。
-Raj:Thank you.
谢谢。
-Gablehauser:There's the man of the hour.
主角来了。
-Leonard:Okay, so we now have a socially-awkward genius in a room full of attractive, age-appropriate women.
socially:善于社交的 awkward:笨拙的 socially-awkward:不善社交的
genius:天才 appropriate:适当的
好了,现在不善社交的天才和一屋子年龄相仿的漂亮女孩共处一室。
-Howard:All he has to do now is hook up with one of them.
他只需要搭上其中一个。
-Leonard:Anyone else see the flaw in this plan?
flaw:缺点
还有谁看出这个计划的缺陷了。
-Raj:We need a social catalyst.
catalyst:催化剂
我们需要个社交催化剂。
-Howard:Like what?
比如什么?
-Leonard:We can't get 15-year-old girls drunk.
咱们也不能灌醉15岁的女孩。
-Howard:Or can we?
或者可以?
-Leonard:No, we can't.
不行,咱们不能。
-Howard:I don't think you mean "we can't."
我觉得你的意思不是"我们不能",
I think you mean "we shouldn't."
我想你的意思是"我们不该"。
-Sheldon:Hey, Howard, you're a Jew.
Jew:犹太人
嗨Howard,你是犹太人。
If there was another Wailing Wall exactly like the one in Jerusalem
Wailing Wall:(犹太人的)哭墙,安慰墙 Jerusalem:耶路撒冷
假如有一面和耶路撒冷那个一模一样的哭墙,
But close to taco stands and cheap prescription drugs,
taco(墨西哥)玉米面包卷 prescription:处方,药方 drugs:药
不过附近就有墨西哥小吃和廉价药品。
Would you still be able to wail at it?
wail:哭叫
你还哭得出来吗?
Okay, it's definitely me.
definitely:明确的
好吧,肯定是我的问题。
-Leonard:Okay, we cannot leave this to chance.
chance:机会,运气
好吧,咱们不能靠运气。
Let's pick a girl and figure out how to get her together with Dennis.
figure out:解决
挑一个女孩,再想怎么把她和Dennis撮合在一起。
-Raj:Okay,
好的。
How about that one?
那个怎么样?
-Howard:Uh-uh. I know the type.
不行,我了解这类女孩子。
Cheerleader, student council, goes out with the jocks,
Cheerleader:拉拉队队长 student council:学生会 jocks:(大学)运动员
拉拉队长,学生会成员,专门约会体育健将,
Won’t even look at anybody in the gifted program.
gifted:有才华的
根本不会正眼看优异生班的学生。
And if, after two years of begging, she does agree to go out with you,
beg:祈求
即使在你哀求两年后,她终于肯跟你约会,
It turns out to be a setup
turns out:结果的 setup
:计划
结果你会发现那不过是个圈套。
And you're in the backseat of your mom's car with your pants off
backseat:后座 pants:裤子
你在你妈的车后座上脱了裤子,
While the whole football team laughs at y...
laughs at:取笑
橄榄球队全体球员都在笑话你…
-Raj:Are you crying?
你哭了吗?
-Howard:No, I have allergies.
allergy:过敏症
没有,我有过敏性反应。
-Raj:Okay, um, oh, hey, how about her?
好吧,那个怎么样?
-Leonard:Sure, if he wants to spend a couple years doing her homework
当然,假如他想花两年时间帮她写作业,
While she drinks herself into a stupor with nonfat White Russians.
stupor:恍惚,昏迷 nonfat:脱脂的
而期间她把自己灌的酩酊大醉,
And you're the one holding her head out of the toilet
toilet:厕所
然后你得在马桶旁边扶着她的头,
While she's puking and telling you she wishes "more guys were like you."
puke:呕吐
她则一边呕吐一边说,她希望"更多男人像你一样"。
And then she gets into Cornell because you wrote her essay for her
essay:短文
接着她进了康奈尔大学,因为她的申请作品是你帮她写的,
And you drive up to visit her one weekend
可你周末开车去看她的时候,
And she acts like she doesn't even know you.
她却好像根本不认识你。
-Raj:Okay, so not her, either.
好吧,那也不选她。
Oh, hey, how about her?
嗨,她怎么样?
-Howard:Oh, interesting, kind of pretty,
有意思,有点姿色,
A little chubby, so probably low self-esteem.
chubby:圆胖的,丰满的 self-esteem:自信
稍嫌丰满,所以可能不太自信。
-Leonard:I think that's our girl.
我觉得就是她了。
One of us should go talk to her.
咱们得有个人去跟她聊聊。
-Raj:I can't talk to her-- you do it.
我不能跟她说话,你去吧。
-Leonard:I can't just go up and talk to her.
我不能就这么走过去跟她说话。
Howard, you talk to her.
Howard你去跟她聊。
-Howard:I don't know,
我不知道。
She’ll never go for the kid once she gets a peek at this.
peek:很快地看
见识过我的风采之后,她肯定不会再对那孩子动心了。
-Raj:You know, if we were in India, this would be simpler.
simple:简单
要是在印度就简单了。
Five minutes with her dad, 20 goats and a laptop, and we'd be done.
goats:山羊 laptop:笔记本电脑
跟她爸谈5分钟,20只山羊再加上一部手提电脑,一切搞定。
-Leonard:Well, we're not in India.
咱们现在不是在印度。
-Raj:All right, why don't we do it your way then?
好吧,那就照你的方案作。
We'll arrange for this girl to move in across the hall from Dennis
arrange:安排 across:在…对面
们安排这个女孩搬到Dennis宿舍对面住,
So he can pathetically moon over her for months on end.
pathetically:哀婉动
人的,情绪上的 moon over: 对...发呆 on end:连续的
这样他就可以每天想着她茶饭不思。
-Leonard:Okay, that was uncalled for.
uncalled for:不适当的
你有点过分了。
-Howard:You started it, dude.
你先开始的,老兄。
-Gablehauser:Could I have everyone's attention, please?
可以占用大家一点时间么。
What a wonderful occasion this is,
occasion:特殊场合,庆典
多好的聚会。
And how fortunate that it should happen to fall on Take Your Daughter to Work Day.
fortunate:幸运的 fall on:落到,轮到
又恰好跟"带女儿上班日"在同一天。
We're here to welcome Mr. Dennis Kim to our little family.
我们在此欢迎Dennis Kim先生加入我们的小家庭。
-Sheldon:Welcome, Dennis Kim.
欢迎Dennis Kim。
-Gablehauser:Mr. Kim was not only the valedictorian at Stanford University,
valedictorian:至告别辞者 Stanford University:斯坦福大学
Kim先生不仅是斯坦福毕业典礼的学生致词代表,
He is also the youngest recipient of the prestigious Stevenson Award.
recipient:接受者 prestigious:有威信的 Award:奖
他同时也是著名的史蒂文森奖的最年轻得主。
-Sheldon:Youngest till the cyborgs rise up!
cyborgs:电子人,半机器人
在半机械人出现之前最年轻的而已!
-Gablehauser:And now, without any further ado,
without any further ado:干脆,痛快 ado:无谓的忙乱
现在,我不再浪费时间,
Let me introduce the man of the hour, Mr. Dennis Kim.
让我向大家介绍今天的主角Dennis Kim先生。
Dennis? Dennis!
Dennis? Dennis!
-Dennis:What?!
什么事?!
-Gablehauser:Would you like to tell us a little bit about your upcoming research?
upcoming:即将到来的
你想不想给我们讲讲你接下来的研究方向?
-Dennis:No, thanks.
不了,谢谢。
I'm going to the mall with Emma.
mall:上场,购物中心
我要跟Emma去商场。
-Leonard:The kid got a girl.
那孩子泡到了一个女孩。
-Raj:Unbelievable.
难以置信。
-Howard:Did anyone see how he did it?
有人看见他是怎么做到的吗?
-Sheldon:Don't worry, I've got this.
别担心,交给我。
Ladies and gentlemen,
女士们,先生们,
Honored daughters,
尊贵的女儿们。
While Mr. Kim, by virtue of his youth and naivete,
by virtue of:由于 naivete:天真
虽然Kim先生由于他的年轻和天真,
Has fallen prey to the inexplicable need for human contact,
prey:捕食 inexplicable:神秘的 contact:交往
向参与社交的莫名渴望屈服。
Let me step in and assure you that my research will go on uninterrupted,
step in:介入 assure:使确信 uninterrupted:不受干扰的
让我出来向你们保证,我的研究是不会受到干扰的,
And that social relationship will continue to baffle and repulse me.
social:交际的 relationships:关系 baffle:使为难 repulse:拒
绝
社交关系会继续令我感到迷惑和憎恶。
Thank you.
谢谢。
-Howard:He's back.
他恢复正常了。
-Leonard:Yeah, mission accomplished.
mission:使命 accomplish:完成
任务圆满完成。
-Raj:Forget the mission.
别管什么任务了。
How did that little yutz get a girl on his own?
那个小崽子是怎么把女孩搞到手的?
-Howard:I guess times have changed since we were young.
我想时代已经和我们小时候不一样了。
Smart is the new sexy.
聪明就是新一类的性感。
-Leonard:Then why do we go home alone every night?
那咱们怎么每晚还是一个人回家?
We're still smart.
咱们还是聪明啊。
-Raj:Maybe we're too smart.
也许咱们太聪明了,
So smart it's off-putting.
off-putting:令人不愉快的
聪明到让人不舒服的地步。
-Howard:Yeah, let's go with that.
好吧,就这么想吧。
Unbelievable.
难以置信。
Components I built are on the International Space Station
components:部件,零件 Space Station:太空站
国际空间站上有我亲手造的零件,
And I get a ticket for launching a model rocket in the park.
ticket:罚款单 launch:发射 model:模型
可我想到公园发射一个火箭模型还得吃张罚单。
-Leonard:I don't know if the ticket was so much for the launch
我觉得那罚单跟发射无关,
As it was for you telling the policewoman,
更可能是因为你跟那个女警察说,
"You have to frisk me. I have another rocket in my pants."
frisk:搜…身
"你必须搜我的身,我裤子里还有一个火箭"。
-Raj:Hey, look at that.
嗨,看那边。
-Leonard:It's Dennis Kim.
Dennis Kim。
-Howard:Wow, I almost didn't recognize him.
recognize:认出
喔,我差点没认出他来。
-Raj:You know, I kind of feel bad about what we did to him.
说起来,咱们对他干的事让我有点内疚。
-Leonard:Yeah, we really ruined his life.
ruin:毁坏
对,咱们真是毁了他的一生。
去他的,他太软弱。
-Sheldon:Screw him-- he was weak.
去他的—是他弱