生活大爆炸第一季16英文剧本
巡山小妖精
530次浏览
2020年07月31日 07:19
最佳经验
本文由作者推荐
守军之争-晋城属于哪个省
typical:典型的 psychotic:精神病的 rant:怒吼
我本来要帮每个人占一下的,后来Sheldon就开始他典型的疯癫演说。
-Sheldon:For the record,
record:记载
有资料记载,
that psychotic rant was a concise summation of the research of Bertram Forer, who, in 1948,
concise:简明的 summation:总结,概括
疯癫演说精简概括了巴纳姆效应,1948年巴纳姆通过精密设计的实验,
proved conclusively through meticulously designed experiments that astrology is nothing but pseudo-scientific hokum.
prove:证明 conclusively:最后地
meticulously:极仔细的,一丝不苟的 designed:设计 experiments:实验
astrology:占星术 nothing but:只不过 pseudo:假的,虚伪的 hokum:废话
最终证实了占星术完全是伪科学的废话。
-Penny:Blah, blah, blah. Typical Taurus.
Typical:典型的 Taurus:金牛座
话真多。典型的金牛座。
So, seriously, are we going to see you Saturday?
seriously:认真的
说真的,我们周六能见你吗?
-Leonard:Uh, I don't think so.
恐怕不行。
-Penny:Why not?
为什么?
-Leonard:I don't celebrate my birthday.
celebrate:庆祝
我不庆祝生日的。
-Penny:Shut up. Yeah, you do.
瞎说,你会庆祝的。
-Leonard:It's no big deal, it's just the way I was raised.
raise:抚养
没什么大不了的,我就是这么长大的啊。
My parents focused on celebrating achievements,
focus on:把…作为中心 achievements:成就
我父母只庆祝重大成就,
and being expelled from a birth canal was not considered one of them.
expel from:排出 birth canal:产道 consider:认为
而我从产道里被排出则不认为是重大成就之一。
-Penny:That's so silly.
silly:蠢的
这太愚蠢了。
-Sheldon:It's actually based on very sound theories.
actually:实际上 base on:建立在…基础上 sound:正确的 theories:理论
这实际上是很有理论根据的,
His mother published a paper on it.
publish:出版,发布 paper:论文
他母亲还就此发表了论文。
-Penny:Well, what was it called?
那题目叫什么?
"I Hate My Son and That's Why He Can't Have Cake?"
我恨我儿子所以他不能过生日?
-Sheldon:It was obviously effective.
obviously:显然 effective:有效的
这显然很有效果。
Leonard grew up to be an experimental physicist.
experimental physicist:实验物理学家
Leonard成长为一名实验物理学家。
Perhaps if she'd also denied him Christmas,
denied:拒绝 Christmas:圣诞节
如果他母亲取消了他的圣诞节,
he'd be a little better at it.
他可能还会做得更好。
-Leonard:Thank you.
谢谢。
-Howard:Well, I love birthdays.
我喜欢过生日。
Waking up to Mom's special French toast breakfast,
Waking up:醒来 toast:烤面包
在母亲特
制的法国面包早餐的香味中醒来,
wearing the birthday king crown, playing laser tag with all my friends...
king crown:皇冠
戴上生日皇冠和朋友们一起玩激光生存游戏...
-Penny:Yeah, see? That's what kids should have.
kid:小孩
对了,瞧吧? 孩子就该这么过生日。
-Howard:Actually, that was last year.
其实那是我去年的生日。
-Penny:So you really never had a birthday party?
你真的从来没有过生日派对?
-Leonard:No, but it was okay.
没有,不过没关系。
I mean, when I was little,
在我很小的时候,
I'd think maybe my parents would change their mind
我想可能父母会改变主意,
and surprise me with a party.
surprise:使惊奇
给我个惊喜开个生日派对。
Like this one birthday I came home from my cello lesson
cello:大提琴
就像有一次生日,我去学大提琴下课回到家,
and I saw a lot of strange cars parked out front.
park:停车
看到家门前停了很多陌生车辆,
When I got to the door, I could hear people whispering
whispering:耳语,低声说
我进门后听到很多人低声耳语,
and I could smell German chocolate cake,
German:德国的,德式的 chocolate cake:巧克力蛋糕
我还闻到了德式巧克力蛋糕的味道,
which is my favorite.
正是我最喜欢的那种。
-Penny:And?
然后?
-Leonard:It turns out my grandfather had died.
turns out:原来的
原来是我祖父刚去世。
-Penny:Oh, my God. That's terrible.
terrible:糟糕的,极差的
天哪,太可怜了。
-Leonard:Well, it was kind of like a birthday party.
这也算是一次生日派对了。
I got to see all my cousins, and there was cake, so...
cousins:远亲
我见到了所有的表亲还有蛋糕...
-Penny:That's the sadest thing I've ever heard.
这是我听到过最悲惨的事了。
-Howard:You think?
你这么认为么?
Go ahead, tell her about your senior prom.
senior:最高年级的 prom:正式舞会
继续,跟她说说你的毕业舞会。
-Howard:You make sure they remember no peanuts.
peanut:花生
记得告诉他们别放花生。
-Leonard:Howard, every Thai restaurant in town knows you can't eat peanuts.
Thai:泰国
Howard,城里的每个泰式餐馆都知道你不吃花生。
When they see me coming, they go, "Ah, no-peanut boy!"
他们一看到我来就喊 "啊不吃花生的男孩!"。
-Sheldon:Hello, Penny. Leonard just left.
你好Penny ,Leonard 刚出去。
-Penny:I know. I want to talk to you.
我知道,我是想跟你谈谈。
-Sheldon:What would we talk about?
我们能谈什么?
We have no overlapping areas of interest I'm aware of.
overlapping:重叠 interest:兴趣 be aware of:知道
我想我们的兴趣没有交集吧。
As you know, I don't care for chitchat.
chitchat:闲谈,聊天
你知道我不喜欢闲谈。
-Penny:Can you just let me in?
能让我进去吗?
-Sheldon:Well, all right, but I don't see this as a promising endeavor.
promising:有希望的 endeavor:尝试,努力
好吧,但我不认为这尝试有用。
-Penny:Okay, here's the deal.
deal:交易,事情
好吧,事情是这样的,
We are going to throw Leonard a kick-ass surprise party for his birthday on Saturday.
throw:仍,抛 kick-ass:强大的
我们周六为Leonard生日办个超酷的生日派对。
-Sheldon:I hardly think so.
hardly:几乎不
我不同意。
Leonard made it very clear he doesn't want a party.
Leonard 非常清楚地表示他不想要生日派对。
-Howard:Did someone say... "party"?
有人提到... "派对"?
-Penny:He just doesn't know he wants one 'cause he's never had one.
他只是不知道他想要,因为从来没人为他举办过。
-Howard:I suppose that's possible, but for the record,
suppose:猜想,认为
就算如此,但是请注意,
I've never had a threesome and yet I still know I want one.
我从来没有玩过"三人行" 但我知道我想要玩。
-Penny:Howard, here's the difference-- the possibility exists
possibility:可能性 exist:存在
Howard 这两者的区别是... 在地狱被冰封之前,
that Leonard could have a birthday party before hell freezes over.
hell:地狱 freezes over:封冻
Leonard有可能享受生日派对。
-Howard:Fine. If I do have a threesome, you can't be part of it.
好吧,如果我玩"三人行" 你不能参加。
I'm just kidding. Yes, you can.
kid:开玩笑
开玩笑的,你能参加。
Can you bring a friend?
你能再带个朋友来吗?
-Sheldon:I think a birthday party's a terrible idea.
terrible:糟糕的
我觉得生日派对的主意太糟了。
I envy Leonard for growing up without that anguish.
envy:嫉妒 anguish:(尤指心理上的)极度痛苦
我很嫉妒Leonard从小到大没遭这样的罪。
-Penny:Anguish?!
遭罪?!
-Sheldon:Year after year, I had to endure wearing comical hats
endure:忍受 comical:滑稽的,可笑的
年复一年我不得不忍受戴着滑稽的帽子,
while being forced into the crowded, sweaty hell of bouncy castles.
crowded:拥挤的 sweaty:浑身出汗的 bouncy:有弹性的 castles:城堡
被迫挤在人群里,在充气城堡里弄得满身大汗。
Not to mention being blindfolded and being spun toward a grotesque
Not to mention:更不用说 blindfold:蒙住(某人的)眼睛
spun:使旋转 grotesque:荒诞的
更别提被蒙上眼睛去给那头无尾的怪驴钉上尾巴了,
tailless donkey as the other children mocked my disorientation.
tailless:无尾的 donkey:驴 mock:愚弄 disorientation:方向障碍
还要被其他孩子嘲笑我的方向感。
-Penny:Okay, sweetie, I understand you have scars
scar:精神上的创伤
好了,亲爱的我理解你有心理创伤,
that no nonprofessional can heal, but, nevertheless, we're going to throw
-Howard:Just do it.
就这样说。
-Penny:It's a non-optional... social convention.
这是不可选择的... 社会习俗。
-Sheldon:Oh. Fair enough.
Fair enough:同意或接受但有所保留
噢,这理由可以接受。
He came with a manual.
manual:手册
他还有附送的使用手册。
-Sheldon:Question--
问题...
how am I going to get Leonard a present before the party?
我怎么才能赶在派对之前给Leonard买到礼物呢?
I don't drive and the only things available
available:可用的
我不会开车但是在步行范围内
within walking distance are a Thai restaurant and a gas station.
walking distance:步行距离 gas station:加油站
只有一间泰式餐馆和加油站。
I suppose I could wrap up an order of mee krob and a couple of lottery scratchers.
suppose:猜想 wrap up:包裹 lottery:彩票 scratchers:刮刮卡
我想可以打包一份泰式米粉还有几张刮刮彩票。
-Penny:Okay let's do this--
好吧,行动吧...
I will drive Sheldon to get a present.
我开车带Sheldon去买礼物。
And Howard, you need to get rid of Leonard for about two hours.
get rid of:摆脱
Howard你把Leonard骗出去大概两个小时。
-Howard:No problem.
没问题。
-Penny:And then, Raj, you bring the stuff across the hall and start setting up.
stuff:东西 hall:走廊 setting up:准备,安排
然后Raj你把东西拿到对面可以开始布置了。
-Howard:What if guests show up?
客人来了怎么办?
-Penny:Entertain them.
Entertain:招待
招待他们。
-Howard:What if they're women?
如果是女客人呢?
-Penny:Stare at them and make them feel uncomfortable.
Stare at:盯着 uncomfortable:不舒服
盯着她们让她们觉得不舒服。
-Howard:Hey.
嘿。
-Leonard:Hey.
嘿。
-Howard:How's it going on?
怎么样啦?
-Leonard:Fine.
很好。
-Howard:So listen, the NuArt is showing the revised, definitive cut of Blade Runner.
revised:修改过的 cut:剪切
听好,NuArt影院正在上映最终修改版的"银翼杀手"。
-Leonard:Seen it.
看过了。
-Howard:No, you've seen the 25th Anniversary Final Cut.
Anniversary:周年纪念
不,你看过的是25周年的剪切版。
This one has eight seconds of previously unseen footage.
previously:以前 unseen:看不到的 footage:电影片段
这次是含有8秒珍贵的未公开片段。
They say it completely changes the tone of the film.
tone:风格,腔调
他们说这将完全改变电影基调。
-Leonard:Uh... pass.
呃...算了。
-Howard:Come on.
不是吧。
Afterwards, there's a Q & A with Harrison Ford's body double.
Afterwards:然后 Q & A:访谈节目 body double:替身
然后还有哈里森·福特的替身访谈。
-Leonard:Look, I'm in the Halo battle of my life here.
Halo(图画中圣人头上的)光环,灵光 battle:战斗
你看,我还在"光晕"战争的紧要
关头呢 ("光晕"XBOX著名的电脑游戏)。
There's this kid in Copenhagen-- he has no immune system,
Copenhagen:哥本哈根 immune system:免疫系统 immune:有免疫力的
这个哥本哈根的孩子... 他没有免疫系统,
so all he does is sit in his bubble and play Halo 24-seven.
bubble:泡影
所以他只好待在隔菌罩里7天24小时只能玩"光晕"。
-Howard:Can't you play him some other time?
你就不能改天跟他玩吗?
-Leonard:Not if you believe his doctors.
除非你不相信他医生的话。
-Howard:Oh, my God, do you smell gas?
噢,天,你闻到煤气味了吗?
-Leonard:No.
没有。
-Howard:Yeah, No.
对,没有。
-Penny:You know, they have DVDs over there.
那边有卖DVD的。
-Sheldon:Yes, but they have DVD burners over here.
burners:刻录机
没错,但是DVD刻录机在这里。
Leonard needs a DVD burner.
Leonard需要一台刻录机。
-Penny:Sheldon, a gift shouldn't be something someone needs,
Sheldon礼物并不应是对方需要的,
it should be something fun.
应该是些有趣的东西。
You know, something they wouldn't buy for themself.
你知道一些他们不会为自己买的。
-Sheldon:You mean like a sweater?
你是说比如毛衣?
-Penny:It's a fun sweater. It's got a bold geometric print.
bold:醒目的 geometric:几何的 print:图案
这是件有趣的毛衣,有很大的几何图案。
-Sheldon:Is it the geometry that makes it fun?
几何图案就很有趣?
-Penny:Okay...
好了...
The point is one of the ways we show we care about people
关键是通过礼物传递我们的关爱,
is by putting thought and imagination into the gifts we get them.
thought:关心 imagination:愿望
这些美好的愿望都包含在礼物里了。
-Sheldon:Okay, I see. So, not a DVD burner.
好的,我明白了,那就不买DVD刻录机了。
-Penny:Exactly.
没错。
-Sheldon:Something he wouldn't buy for himself. Something fun. Something like...
他不会给自己买的东西,有趣的东西,就像...
an 802-11N wireless router!
wireless:无线电 router:路由器
802-11N无线路由器!
-Leonard:Here you go, Copenhagen boy.
Copenhagen:根本哈根
轮到你了,哥本哈根小孩。
How about a taste of Hans Christian hand grenade?
Hans:德国人 hand grenade:手榴弹
尝尝德国手榴弹的滋味怎么样?
Oh, that could not feel good.
那一定很糟。
Come on, come... Oh, you clever...
来呀来... 你个聪明的...
Come on. Come on. Take that!
来啊来啊,看这个!
What's the matter?
怎么了?
-Howard:This granola bar, it has peanuts in it!
granola:格兰诺拉麦片(源出商标名)
甜麦棒上面有花生!
-Leonard:Oh, my God. Why did you eat it?
老天,你干嘛吃它?
-Howard:I don't know. It was just there!
我不知道,它就在那里的!
-Leonard:If I had a gun there, would you have shot yourself?
如果
是啊。
-Sheldon:Huh.
-Penny:Okay, so we're getting this one?
那我们就买这个了?
-Sheldon:Yeah, I suppose.
我想是的。
-Penny:All right, let's go.
好吧,我们走了。
-Woman:Excuse me. Do you know anything about this stuff?
打扰一下,你懂这东西吗?
-Sheldon:I know everything about this stuff.
我什么都知道。
-Woman:Okay, I have my own wholesale flower business and I want to hook up
wholesale business:批发业务 hook up:接通
我有个花卉批发的生意,
my computer in the front entrance with the one in my refrigerated warehouse.
entrance:入口 warehouse:仓库
想把前门的电脑和冷藏库的连起来。
-Penny:Here, buy this one: Look, it's the one we're getting.
这个,买这个,瞧,我们买的就是这个。
See? Happy guy.
看到了吗? 笑得多开心。
-Sheldon:No, no, no, she doesn't want that. She needs a point-to-point peer network with a range extender.
point-to-point:点对点peer:对等 network:网络 range:区域 extender:扩展器
不,不,不,她不要买那个,她需要带有区域扩展器的点对点的同级网络。
-Woman:Thank you.
谢谢。
-Man:Which hard drive do I want-- firewire or USB?
hard drive:硬盘 firewire:火线
我该用哪个硬盘,内接的还是外接的?
-Sheldon:It depends on what buss you have available.
buss:母线
取决于你用什么总线了 (bus 数据传送总线母线也是公车的意思)。
-Man:I drive a Chevy Cavalier.
Chevy:雪佛兰(汽车品牌) Cavalier:骑士
我的车是雪弗莱"骑士"系列。
-Sheldon:Oh, dear Lord.
我的老天啊。
-Penny:Sheldon, we Have to go.
Sheldon我们要走了。
-Sheldon:Not now, Penny.
现在不行Penny。
This poor man needs me. You, hold on. I'll be right with you.
这可怜的人需要我。你,等等,我等下回答你的问题。
What computer do you have? And please don't say "a white one."
你电脑什么样的? 别告诉我是"白色"的。
-Howard:Excuse me.
打扰一下。
-Doctor:Fill this out. Have a seat.
先填表,坐下等。
-Howard:No, listen. See, we're throwing my friend
不,听着,瞧,我们要给朋友
a surprise party and I'm supposed to keep him out of his apartment for two hours.
办个惊喜生日派对,我必须在这两小时内确保他离开公寓。
-Doctor:Uh-huh. Fill this out and have a seat.
啊哈,填表,坐着等。
-Howard:No, see, the only way I could get him to leave
不,瞧啊,唯一让他离开的方法
was to tell him I ate a peanut because I'm allergic to peanuts.
allergic:过敏的
就是告诉他我吃了花生,因为我对花生过敏。
-Doctor:Oh. Well, in that case, fill this out and have a seat.
这样的话,填表,坐着等。
-Howard:Look, all I need from you is to take me in the back and give me a Band-Aid
Band-Aid:创可贴
听着,我只需要你把我带
到后面去给我贴上创可贴,
so I can pretend I had a shot of epinephrine,
pretend:假装 epinephrine:肾上腺素
那我就能假装注射了肾上腺素
and then you tell my friend you need to keep me under observation for about an hour, hour and a half.
under observation:在观察中
然后你可以告诉我朋友,我需要留院观察一到一个半小时。
-Doctor:Is that all you need?
就要这些?
-Howard:Yes.
是的。
-Doctor:Get out of my ER.
ER:emergency room的缩写,急诊室
离开我的急诊室。
-Howard:No, you don't understand.
不,你不明白。
-Doctor:Oh, I understand, but unfortunately,
unfortunately:不幸地
我明白,不幸的是
this hospital is not equipped to treat stupid.
这所医院不治傻病。
-Howard:Okay, I get it. I know how the world works.
明白了,我知道要怎么做了。
How about if I were to introduce you to the man who freed your people?
introduce:介绍 free:释放,解放
不如我介绍给你一位解放了你同胞的人如何? (5美元上的头像是亚伯拉罕·林肯)
-Doctor:Unless my people were freed by Benjamin Franklin
除非我同胞是本杰明·富兰克林
and his five twin brothers, you are wasting your time.
和他5个胞弟解放的,否则你就是在浪费时间 (100美元上的头像是本杰明·富兰克林)。
-Leonard:Hey, sorry, I couldn't find a parking spot.
spot:场所
抱歉,我找不到停车位。
How are you doing?
你怎么样?
-Howard:Bad, very bad.
糟糕,很糟糕。
-Leonard:Really? You don't look like you're swelling up at all.
swelling up:肿胀
真的么? 怎么一点也不肿啊。
Maybe we should just pick up some Benadryl
Benadryl:抗组胺药
也许我们去药店买点抗组胺药
at the drugstore and go home.
然后回家。
-Howard:We can't go home.
我们不能回家。
-Leonard:Why not?
为什么?
-Howard:Because... because...
因为... 因为...
Brisket! Brisket!
胸脯肉! 胸脯肉!
Water! Need water!
水! 我要水!
-Leonard:I'll be right back.
我马上回来。
-Howard:Penny, listen, I've got a problem.
Penny听着,我有麻烦了。
-Penny:Yeah, well, so do I.
是吗,我也是。
Look, you gotta stall Leonard a little longer.
gotta=have got to stall:拖延
你要多拖住Leonard一会儿。
-Howard:I don't think I can.
我想我做不到。
-Penny:You have to. We all have to be there at the same time to yell surprise.
你必须。我们一定要同时到那里一起喊"惊喜"
-Howard:Okay, you have to understand something. We're in a hospital right now.
你必须要了解情况,我们现在在医院。
-Penny:Why? Is Leonard okay?
为什么? Leonard还好吗?
-Howard:Leonard's fine. I'm fine.
Leonard没事,我也没事。
Thanks for asking, by the way.
谢谢你的关心,顺便说一句。
-Penny:Okay, I don't need your attitude.
attitude:姿态
别
对我发脾气。
Listen, just hold him there a little longer.
听着,尽量把他拖住久一点。
-Howard:Look, I've done my best,
听着,我有已经尽力了,
but he wants to go home and I don't know how to stop him.
可现在他想回去了,我不知道怎么阻止他。
-Penny:Okay, how about this? You keep him there a little longer,
这样怎么样? 你把他拖住一会儿。
and when you get to the party,
等你回到了派对,
I'll point out which of my friends are easy?
point out:指出
我会告诉你我哪个朋友比较随便?
-Howard:Don't toy with me, woman.
toy with:摆弄,玩弄
别耍我啊。
-Penny:I got a hot former fat girl with no self-esteem,
self-esteem:自尊心
我认识个没有自尊心,减肥成功的辣妹。
I got a girl who punishes her father by sleeping around
punish:惩罚
还有个女孩为了惩罚她老爸和人乱搞。
and alcoholic who's two tequila shots away from letting you wear her like a hat.
tequila:龙舌兰酒
还有个小妹,两杯龙舌兰下肚就会任由你摆布。
-Howard:Then it will be done.
我一定搞定。
I'm doing this for you, little buddy.
buddy:伙伴
我可是为了你而做的,小家伙。
-Sheldon:Okay, we don't have that in stock...
in stock.:有现货的
我们现在没存货...
but I can special-order it for you.
special-order:特别订购
不过我可以为你特别订购。
-Penny:Him.
就是他。
-Man:Excuse me, sir. You don't work here.
抱歉,先生,你不在这里工作。
-Sheldon:Yes, well, apparently, neither does anyone else.
apparently:显然的
很显然,没人在这里工作。
-Penny:Sheldon, we have to go.
Sheldon我们要走了。
-Sheldon:Why?
为什么?
-Penny:Well, for one thing,
首先,
we're late for Leonard's birthday party,
Leonard的生日派对,我们要迟到了。
and for another, I told him to call Security.
Security:保安
再者我已经让他叫保安了。
-Sheldon:Good luck.
祝你好运。
By the way, a six-year-old could hack your computer system.
hack:黑客
顺便说一句,6岁小孩都能黑了你电脑。
-Penny:Keep walking.
快走。
-Sheldon:"1234" is not a secure password.
secure:安全的 password:密码
1234 可不能当安全密码。
-Leonard:Excuse me-- my friend is having an allergic reaction to peanuts.
allergic:过敏的 reaction:反应
打扰一下,我朋友花生过敏了。
-Doctor:No, he's not.
不,他没有。
-Leonard:Yes, He is.
他是过敏了。
-Doctor:Look, sir, we are very busy here, and I am just...
先生,我们很忙,我...
Holy crap!
这可真要命啊!
-Howard:Please help me!
请救救我!
-Doctor:Code four! I need a gurney!
gurney:(医院里推送病人用的)轮床
急救! 我要担架!
Right away! Right away!
马上! 马上!
-Howard:Thank you.
谢谢你。
-Leonard:Say what you will about t