每日一句英文
余年寄山水
993次浏览
2020年08月02日 00:44
最佳经验
本文由作者推荐
余成语-罗敷有夫
This horror fiction made me hair stand on end. 这个恐怖小说让我觉得毛骨悚然。
The news about his retirement blew my mind. 他退休的消息让我很震惊。
My boyfriend always chats me up. 我的男朋友总是跟我说甜言蜜语。Chat sb up指说甜言蜜语。
He bought that house on the spur of the moment. 他一时冲动买了那套房子。
He faces all the challenges with a light heart. 他以积极的心态面对所有的挑战。
What he did really played on my heart strings. 他做的一切真的让我很感动。
He was in a cold sweat 他出了一身冷汗。In a cold sweat是冒出冷汗的意思。
She was down in the dumps. 她心情坏透了。down in the dumps指心情不好。
Our boss is in seventh heaven this week. 我们老板这周心情很好。
The patient was in a blue funk when he was ill. 那位患者生病时心情十分忧虑。
The boss often laid a trip on his employees. 那个老板总责备他的员工。
Her boyfriend went steady with her. 她和男友感情稳定。Go steady指“感情稳定”。
The young people will be the pillar of society. 年轻一代将是社会的栋梁。
He likes blowing his own trumpet. 他喜欢自吹自擂。
The technological development in the US is at the top of the world. 美国的科技发展是全世界最先进的。
The worker was absent-minded for he was ill. 那位工人心不在焉因为他病了。
The naughty boy did not like to bear the brunt. 那个淘气的男孩不愿接受指责。
The thief was so luck to slip under the radar. 那个小偷很幸运地逃过一劫。
These things happen all the time. 这是常有的事。
Did you enjoy your flight? 你的飞行旅途愉快吗?
There is no doubt about it. 那是毫无疑问的。
I feast my eyes on the arts in the museum. 博物馆里的艺术品让我大饱眼福。
We like to shoot the breeze during the break. 我们喜欢在休息时闲聊。
I got the news through the grapevine. 我是从小道消息听说那件事的。
You’d better let sleeping dogs lie. 你最好不要招惹麻烦。
Could you please get off my back? 能不能请你不要跟我唠叨了?
Every dog has his day。 凡人皆有得意日。常用来告诫人们不要小看他人。
You should put that project on the back burner. 你应该把那个项目先放一放。
The new employee always drags his feet. 那个
那男孩终于打败了他。
Their fighting made a Roman holiday for the opponent. 他们的斗争令对手幸灾乐祸。
What is it like there? 那儿怎么样?
It doesn't make any difference. 都一样。
It doesn't matter to me. 这对我来说无所谓。
May I jump in for two pages? 可不可以让我先印两页?这句话可以在复印排队时使用。
Our boss pushes us hard. 我们的老板对我们很严格。push hard(对工作)逼的很紧。
You can't do me like this. 你不能这样对待我。
Everything will do. 任何东西都可以。Only one will do.只有一样才可以。
It's no easy to find a cushy job with a good pay. 找一份薪水好的轻松活不容易。
That girl is their real bone of contention. 那女孩才是他们两人争吵的真正原因。
I would like to request my travel reimbursement. 我的旅费需要报帐。
He was charged with stealing and got arrested. 他被指控犯有盗窃罪并被逮捕了。
Till pigs can fly. 除非太阳打西边出来。“除非猪都飞了”意指“永不可能”。
I know you were only playing possum. 我知道你当时不过是装傻而已。
How long is it gonna be? Probably? 大概需要多久啊?
He is eighty years old and fit as a fiddle. 他八十岁了,身体硬朗得很。
I have nothing to do with it. 那与我无关。
He likes to pull gags on me. 他喜欢跟我开玩笑。pull gags on 和某人开玩笑
I want to renew this book. 我想续借我的书。renew 就是“续借” 的意思。
Which department is she in? 她是哪一个系的?
What are you talking about? 你在说什么东西?(表示出你对所说的话不认同)
I am terrible. I am horrible. 我很糟糕。表示自己的状态不好。
That movie was a turn-off. 那部电影真是让我倒尽胃口。Turn-on则指你喜欢的东西。
Do you take money? 你们要收钱吗?
Have you ever seen a silver dollar? 有没有看过一元的硬币?
I'm so glad you're getting married. 我很高兴你要结婚了。
He is in the pink 他感到身体很好。in the pink是表示"身体很健康;精力充沛"的常用语。