英语美文100篇·中英文对照-附带美图

余年寄山水
945次浏览
2020年08月04日 10:49
最佳经验
本文由作者推荐

化学专业排名-云南中考改革


谈一场恋爱就像读一本新书
Starting a new book is a risk, just like falling in love. You have to commit to it.
You open the pages knowing a little bit about it maybe, from the back or from a blurb
on the front. But who knows, right? Those bits and pieces aren’t always right.
读一本新书恰似坠入爱河,是场冒险。你得全身心投入 进去。翻开书页之时,从序言简介直
至封底你或许都知之甚少。但谁又不是呢?字里行间的只言片语亦不 总是正确。
Sometimes people advertise themselves as one thing and then when you get deep into
it you realize that they’re something completely different. Either there was some
good marketing attached to a terrible book, or the story was only explained in a
superficial way and once you reach the middle of the book, you realize there’s so
much more to this book than anyone could have ever told you.
有时候你会发现,人们自我推 销时是一种形象,等你再深入了解后,他们又完全是另一种模
样了。有时拙作却配有出色的市场推销,故 事的叙述却流于表面,阅读过半后,你方才发觉:
这本书真是出乎意料地妙不可言,这种感受只要靠自己 去感悟!

You start off slow. The story is beginning to unfold. You’re unsure. It’s a big
commitment lugging this tome around. Maybe this book won’t be that great but you’
ll feel guilty about putting it down. Maybe it’ll be so awful you’ll keep hate-reading
or just set it down immediately and never pick it up again. Or maybe you’ll come
back to it some night, drunk or lonely — needing something to fill the time, but
it won’t be any better than it was when you first started reading it.
你慢慢翻页,故事开始缓慢展开,而 你却依旧心存犹疑。阅读这样的巨著需要百分之百的投
入。或许它并不是你想象中的伟大的作品,奈何半 途弃读会使你觉得不安。又或许,故事真
的很烂,你要么咬牙苦读下去,要么立刻放弃束之高阁。抑或某 个酒醉或孤寂的夜晚,你又
重新捡起这本书来——但只为打发时光。不管怎样,它并没有比你初次阅读时 好多少。


Maybe you’re worn out. You’ve read tons of books before. Some were just light weights
on a Kindle or Nook, no big deal really. Others were Infinite Jest-style burdens,
heavy on your back or in your purse. Weighing you down all the time. Maybe you’
ve taken some time off from reading because the last few books you read just weren’
t worth it. Do they even write new, great works of literature anymore? Maybe that
time you fell in love with a book before will just never happen for you again. Maybe
it’s a once in a lifetime feeling and you’re never gonna find it again.
或许你已疲惫至极。你曾阅览无数,有些无足轻重无甚重要,而有些却 像荒诞讽刺的包袱,
沉重地压在你背上或藏在你行囊里,随时都可能压垮你。或许因为上次读的书索然无 味,你
已暂时避开阅读时光。还会有优秀的新文学作品么?只怕等你再次恋上一本书前,那优秀的
新作品永远也不会出现罢。或许这真的就是千年等一回、除却巫山不是云了。
Or something exciting could happen. Maybe this will become your new favorite book.
That’s always a possibility right? That’s the beauty of risk. The reward could
actually be worth it. You invest your time and your brain power in the words and
what you get back is empathy and a new understanding and pure wonder.
当然,生活总会有新鲜事发生, 你也会有新的爱书。一切总有可能,不是吗?这正是冒险的
魅力。得到的也大抵物有所值吧。你在字里行 间播撒时间和心思,自然便可收获新的感悟、
理解与遐思。
How could someone possibly know you like this? Some stranger, some author, some
character. It’s like they’re seeing inside your soul. This book existed inside
some book store, on a shelf, maybe handled by other people and really it was just
waiting for you pick it up and crack the spine. It was waiting to speak to you. To
say, “You are not alone.”
怎会有人知道你喜欢它呢?某个陌生人、作者,抑或书中 的某个角色。他们似乎能看透你的
心思。这本书,它陈列在某隅书店的书架上、它经人辗转,真的就像是 在等你捧起翻阅,等
着向你低语:“我会伴你左右。”
You just want more of the story. You want to keep reading, maybe everything this
author’s ever written. You wish it would never end. The closer it gets to the smaller
side of the pages, the slower you read, wanting to savor it all. This book is now
one of your favorites forever. You will always wish you could go back to never having
read it and pick it up fresh again, but also you know you’re better for having this
close, inside you, covering your heart and mind.
你渴望更多故事,你继续 阅读,甚至搜集这位作者以往所有作品。你希望故事永远延续。书
页越翻越薄,你也越读越慢,心里想着 要细细含英咀华。此刻,它确定无疑就是你永恒的至
爱了。你总想一读再读,每次捧起它都感觉新奇如初 ,而你也明白:因为内心深处的每一缕
思绪都与它这般亲密,你已变得更加美好。


Once you get in deep enough, you know you could never put this book down.
情动至深那刻,你便知道自己再也将它割舍不下了。
来自内心的礼物
The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.-
Eric Hoffer
世界上最难的算术题是如何清点我们的祝福。

According to legend, a young man while roaming the desert came across a spring of
delicious crystal-clear water. The water was so sweet, he filled his leather canteen
so he could bring some back to a tribal elder who had been his teacher.
据传说,一个年轻的男子在漫游沙漠途中看到一泉如水晶般清澈而可口的水。水的 味道非常
甜美,于是他灌满了他的皮水壶,这样就可以带一些回去,送给曾经是他老师的部落长老。
After a four-day journey he presented the water to the old man who took a deep drink,
smiled warmly and thanked his student lavishly for the sweet water. The young man
returned to his village with a happy heart.
经过四天的旅程,他把水呈献 给老人。老人深饮一口,和蔼地笑了笑,并深切感激学生赠予
他甜美的水。年轻人怀着愉快的心情回到了 村庄。
Later, the teacher let another student taste the water. He spat it out, saying it
was awful. It apparently had become stale because of the old leather container.
后来,老师让他的另一个学生品尝水。学生 吐了出来,说水太难喝了。它显然已经因为陈旧
的皮革容器而变得不再新鲜。


The student challenged his teacher: the water was foul. Why did you pretend
to like it?
学生质疑他的老师:“师父,水是臭的,你为什么要假装喜欢它?”
The teacher replied,
simply the container for an act of loving-kindness and nothing could be sweete r.
老师回答说,“你只品尝了水的味道,我却是在品尝礼物的味道。水仅仅是装载善与爱之行
为的容器,而没有什么东西比善与爱更甜美了。”
I think we understand this lesson best when we receive innocent gifts of love from
young children. Whether it's a ceramic tray or a macaroni bracelet, the natural and
proper response is appreciation and expressed thankfulness because we love the idea
within the gift.
我认为当我们从天真的孩子们那里收到爱的礼物时,能够 最透彻地明白这个道理。无论它是
一个陶瓷托盘或通心粉手镯,我们自然而恰当的反应是欣赏,并表示感 激,因为我们喜欢礼
物所包含的心意。
Gratitude doesn't always come naturally. Unfortunately, most children and many
adults value only the thing given rather than the feeling embodied in it. We should
remind ourselves and teach our children about the beauty and purity of feelings and
expressions of gratitude. After all, gifts from the heart are really gifts of the
heart.
感恩并不总是自然而来的。不幸的是,大多数儿童和成人只看重被赠予的东西本身,而不是
它体 现的情谊。我们应该提醒自己,并教导我们的孩子,感情和对感激之情的表达是美丽而
纯洁的。毕竟,发 自内心给与的礼物才是真正的礼物。
感恩生活
If you are feeling that life just cannot be any worse for you, it can be challenging
to think positive thoughts. When we are stressed, depressed, upset, or otherwise
in a negative state of mind because we perceive that
to us, it is important to shift those negative thoughts to something positive. If
we don't, we will only attract more
如果你感觉生活对你来说实在是糟糕之极,你可以挑战着想些积 极的东西。当我们不堪重负、
沮丧、失落,抑或因为我们认为倒霉的事总是光临我们而处于消极状态时, 将这些消极的思
想转变为积极的至关重要。如果我们不这么做,只会招致更多的霉运。
It is often very hard to think positive when so many things are negative, but I can
assure you that someone, somewhere is worse off than you. We can choose to think
differently by beginning with the smallest of steps.


有如此之多消极因素还要想些积极的 东西,通常情况下这很难,但我可以保证,在某个地方
有人比你情况还糟。我们可以换种方式,一步一步 细细思考那些消极的东西。

If you start with one small, positive thing and repeat it during the course of your
day, you will begin to move into a more positive situation: positive thoughts,
feelings, opportunities and people will start showing up in your life. With practice,
you will find that over time, you will change your outlook and choose to be happy,
irregardless of the events around you.
从一件积极的小事情开始,并且一整天就一直 重复想着,你将进入一个更加积极的状态:积
极的思想、情感、机遇、人们开始装扮你的人生。这样练下 去,很快你会发现你将改变你的
观点,选择快乐的生活,而不在意周围那些琐事。
Here are a few examples for you to practice. Say them out loud and with feeling!
下面有一些方法供你选择练习。要有感情的把它们大声说出来。
1. Begin and end each day with a
在每一天开始和结束的时候,说一句“感谢这么一个愉快的一天”。
2. When you see the gas prices hiking, say
a vehicle in which to get around.
燃气价格高涨的时候,说“我很高兴我至少还有着这辆车可以到处兜风。”
3. When you are late for work, say
that many don't have one.
上班迟到时,说“我很幸福并感激我的工作,因为我知道很多人还没有工作。”
4. If you are having health problems, be grateful for what does work:
appreciate my eyes that see, my ears that hear, my mouth that tastes, my legs that
walk, my arms that lift, my hands that write, my mind that thinks, my knees that


bend and my tongue that possibilities here are endless: insert what does
work for you and feel good about it!
如果你的健康出了问题,对目前所拥有的 要心存感激:“我真的感激我的眼睛还能看,我的
耳朵还能听,我的嘴还能品味,我的双腿还能行走,我 的双臂还能抬起,我的双手还能写字,
我还能思考,我的双膝还能弯曲,我还能说话”。这儿有无穷尽的 种种可能:珍惜你所拥有
的,并善待它们!
5. Write down what you're grateful for each day. In moments when you're feeling really
down, read what you wrote previously. This will help uplift your spirits. If you
practice this regularly, you will find that your list will get longer and longer.
记下每天让你感激的事,每当你失落的时候,读一读你曾经写下的心情,这会让你从新 振作
起来。经常这样练习去,你会发现你所感激的东西越来越多。
The key is to move yourself into a positive thought and keep it there long enough
to make it a moment of blissful peace. The more you practice, the happier you'll
be.
转为积极情绪并长久保持着这种状态的关键在于为自己创造幸福、宁静 的一刻。练的越多,
你就越幸福。

Home on the Way
旅人的家
People need homes: children assume their parents' place as home; boarders call school

travelers … have no place to call
人人都需要家:小孩子把父母的住所当做自己的家;寄 宿生在平日把学校称为“家”;结了
婚的夫妻要共同营造自己的新家;至于旅者呢……至少有几晚他们要 住在不能称为“家”的
地方!
So how about people who have to travel for extended periods of time? Don’t they
have the right to a home? Of course they do.
那么那些不得不长期出门在外的人怎么办?难道他们无权拥有一个家吗?他们当然有!



Some regular travelers take their own belongings: like bed sheets, pillowcases and
family photos to make them feel like home no matter where they are; some stay for
long periods in the same hotel and as a result become very familiar with service
and attendants; others may simply put some flowers by the hotel window to make things
more homely. Furthermore, driving a camping car during one’s travels and sleeping
in the vehicle at night is just like home -- only mobile!
有些经常出门的旅者会随 身携带些属于自己的日用品,像床单、枕套或全家福相片等,无论
走到哪里,这些东西都能带给他们家的 感觉;有些人在长驻时会待在同一家旅馆里,使他们
对店里的服务和人员都非常熟稔;再有的就可能只是 在旅馆的窗边摆些花,使房间更像个家。
此外,一路开着露营车旅行,晚上就住在车里,这就更像是真正 的家了――只不过能移动而
已!
And how about maintaining relationships while in transit? Some keep contact with
their friends via internet; some send letters and postcards, or even photos; others
may just call and say hi, just to let their friends know that they're still alive
and well. People find ways to keep in touch. Making friends on the way helps travelers
feel more or less at home. Backpackers in youth hostels may become very good friends,
even closer than siblings.
那人们在旅程穿梭时,又是如何维系关系的呢?有些人通过互联网跟朋友联络;有 些人寄信、
明信片,甚至照片;还有些人可能只是打个电话问声好,目的仅是让朋友们知道他们还活着,
而且活得不错。人们发现了各种各样的联络方式。在旅途中交朋友能帮旅者或多或少地找到
一点 家的感觉。青年旅店里的背包客也许会成为非常要好的朋友,甚至比手足还要亲!
Nowadays, fewer people are working in their local towns, so how do they develop a
sense of belonging? Whenever we step out of our local boundaries, there is always
another waiting to be found. Wherever we are, with just a little bit of effort
and imagination, we can make the place we stay
如今,大多数人都是离乡在外工作,那么人们又如何能有归属感呢?一旦我们走出家门,就


总有另一个“家”在等着我们去寻找。不论身处何处,只要稍加努力和想像,我们就能把栖
身 之地营造成一个“家”!
面朝大海,春暖花开

Facing the Sea With Spring Blossoms—HaiZi
面朝大海,春暖花开—海子
From tomorrow on,I will be a happy man.
从明天起,做一个幸福的人
Grooming,chopping and traveling all over the world.
喂马,劈柴,周游世界
From tomorrow on,I will care foodstuff and vegetable.
从明天起,关心粮食和蔬菜
Living in a house towards the sea, with spring blossoms.
我有一所房子,面朝大海,春暖花开
From tomorrow on,write to each of my dear ones.
从明天起,和每一个人通信
Telling them of my happiness.
告诉他们我的幸福


What the lightening of happiness has told me.
那幸福的闪电告诉我的
I will spread it to each of them.
我将告诉每一个人
Give a warm name for every river and every mountain.
给每一条河每一座山取一个温暖的名字
Strangers,I will also wish you happy.
陌生人,我也为你祝福
May you have a brilliant future!
愿你有一个灿烂的前程
May you lovers eventually become spouses!
愿有情人终成眷属
May you enjoy happiness in this earthly world!
愿你们在尘世获得幸福
I only wish to face the sea, with spring blossoms.
我只愿面朝大海,春暖花开

Remembering why we are doing something
记住我们为什么做某事

Sometimes I forget why I'm doing, what I'm doing.
有时候我忘了为什么我在做,我在做什么。


Have you ever done that?
你曾有过这种经历吗?
I'm not just talking about a memory problem, although that's possible too.
我并不仅仅是在谈论记忆问题,虽然那也是有可能的。
I have called someone because I want to tell them something.
我曾经打电话给某人,因为我想告诉他们什么。
And then, after just choosing the place for a while, not talking about anything
particular.
然后,在选择合适的地方后,还没有谈论什么特别的东西的时候。
Well, I forget why I called that person in the first place.
哦,我忘记了自己为什么要首先给那人打电话。
That's a memory problem.
这是一个记忆问题。
I guess that counts too.
我想那很重要。
But I'm talking about a deeper problem, a bigger, why?
但我在谈论一个更深层次的问题,而且更为重要,那就是为什么?
At one point, there was a reason we do something.
在某一个时期, 我们做某事会有一个理由。
For long-term projects, we need to remind ourselves of that reason.
对于长期项目,我们需要提醒自己原因。
It's always could to ask ourselves why.
总是可以问问自己为什么。
Why did I start to learn a language?
为什么我开始学习一种语言?
Why did I join this club?
为什么我加入这个俱乐部?
Why my friend was this person?
为什么我的朋友是这个人?


Why did I get married?
为什么我要结婚?
If we get lost in the doing, in the living, in the everyday of being, then we can
not say why.
如果我们迷失在做什么,在生命中,在每天的存在,那么我们不能说为什么。

I think we need indeed remind us of why.
我想我们需要确实提醒自己为什么。
Or else it's tough to finish what we started.
否则很难完成我们所开始的。
We stop starting. We quit the club.
我们停止开始。我们退出俱乐部。
We end our friendships. Our marriages get damaged.
我们结束我们的友谊。我们的婚姻出现裂痕。
There's nothing wrong with asking why.
问为什么没什么问题。
In fact, sometimes I think it can be very healthy and help we appreciate what you
have and what you are doing.
事实上,我认为有时候它会很健康的帮助我们珍惜所拥有的及正在做的事情。
Talk about it.
谈论下面的话题:
Is there something you are doing but you've forgotten why you starting it?
你有过正在做某事但是你忘了为什么开始的经历吗?
Is it a kind of distant memory?
它是一种遥远的记忆?
Did you ever forget why you are doing something...
你曾经忘记你为什么做某事……
How do you remind yourself why you are doing something?
你如何提醒自己为什么会做某事吗?


Do you write memos?
你写备忘录吗?
Does your mind ever go blank and yourself may forget what you are doing?
你有过头脑空空而自己也许忘记你正在做什么的经历吗?
What are some other methods for you to prevent yourself from forgetting?
还有其他的方法来防止你忘记吗?
What do you do when you see someone that you know, but have forgotten his name?
你看到认识的某人,却忘记了名字,这种情况下你会怎么办?

Freedom Choice and Responsibility
自由 选择 责任

I love choices.
我爱选择。
I love to walk around in bookstores-not because I can buy all the books,
我喜欢在书店里徜徉,不是因为我能买下所有的书,
but because I could buy one book, and I have so many to choose from.
而是因为我可以买一本书,我有这么多的选择。
I like buffets.
我还喜欢自助餐。
I rarely get to go to them, but when I do,
虽然我很少去,但是当我去的时候,


the first thing I do is walk around and see what the choice are.
我做的第一件事就是四处逛逛,看看有什么选择。
I also like the internet.
我还喜欢互联网。
It seems like cyberspace really doesn't have any limits.
看来网络真的没有任何限制。
There are so many things to discover--- like space.
有这么多的东西等待发——比如空间。
Sometimes, I think we don't appreciate the freedom that we have.
有时候,我觉得我们不喜欢我们拥有的自由。
We are free to make many different choice.
我们可以自由地做出许多不同的选择。
From the food we eat--- to the places we visit--- to the people we meet--- to the
classes we take and on and on and on.
从我们所吃的食物到我们去的地方,我们见的人,我们所上的课程等等。
But freedom has dangers. If misused, it can be harmful.
但自由也有危险。如果滥用,将会带来危害。
I could pile a mountain of food on my plate and NOT to eat it.
我可以将山一样的食物堆在我的盘子里,而我则不去吃它。
It would be a waste. But that's a choice I have.
它会是一种浪费。但这是一个选择。
The Internet has dangers, too.
互联网也有危险。
If parents are not careful and don't supervise what their kids can see--- well kids
can lose some of their innocence because of freedom.
如果父母对他们的孩子所看到的不留神也不监督,那么孩 子们会因为自由而失去一些他们的
无辜的。
There's a reason for legal age limits when it comes to driving, gambling,
drinking,somking, andvoting.
当涉及驾车、赌博、酗酒、吸烟、和投票时法律会有年龄的限制。


Until we reach that age, we aren't free to do those things.
直到我们到了那个年岁,否则我们去做那些事将不会被赋予自由。


Time Off—Vacation
空闲时光——度假
I haven't had a vacation in a while.
我有段时间没有度假了。
I think I'll take off soon.
我想自己不久就会启程。
I'm not sure where I'll go or what I'll do.
我不知道我要去哪里或我会做什么。
But I can learn a tourism place where I can go for a long road,
但是我了解到的是在旅游的地方我可以走很长的一段路、
breathe fresh air and take some nice pictures.
呼吸新鲜空气,拍一些漂亮的照片。
When I was a kid, I really look forward to vacations.
当我还是个孩子的时候,我真的很期待假期。
Some of vacations were the best.
有些假期是最好的。
It was care free time.
尤其是完全自由的时间。


As I became older, and I have to pay for my vacations.
而随着我逐渐长大,我为自己的度假支付。
Planning became important.
计划变成的非常重要。
Time and money are always the big issues.
时间和金钱总是大问题。
After having a family of my own, vacations are more complicated.
在我拥有了自己的家庭后,度假变得更为复杂。
If I go, my boss to said to when.
如果我要去的话,我的老板会问何时动身。
My wife to said to where, and my kids to said how.
我的妻子会问到哪里去,而我的孩子们则会问怎样去。
A vacation is supposed to be a time when you get away from work and recharge.
度假应该是一段你把注意力从工作中移开,并对自己进行充电的时间。
It's a time to see something new.
这是一个去看一些新事物的时间。
It's a time to extend your horizons, especially if you travel.
尤其是如果你去旅行,这是一个用来扩展你的视野的时间。
But it's easy for the opposite to happen.
但是很容易发生相反的情况。
You can come back from a vacation feeling really tired.
你度假回来后会感觉真的很累。
You can finish a vacation thinking “I can't wait to get back to work.”
你完成一个度假后会思考“我等不及要回去工作了。”
And rather than extend your horizons,
而不是扩大你的视野,
you might merely dipping your bad.
你可能会握着你的荷包盘算。


Vacations aren't cheap.
度假真心并不便宜。
It's been a while since to have a vacation.
自从一个愉快的度假后已经有段时间了。
I might take one soon.
我可能很快就会再次度假
毕业

Graduation and moving on
毕业并继续前进
At least once a year, there are a lot of graduations.
至少每年一次,会有很多的毕业典礼。
It’s a time when a lot of people move on,
这是一个很多人继续前进的时刻,
from where they were, to another school or another class,
从那里的人们会到另一个学校或另一个班级,
or out into a real world.
或者到了一个真实的世界。
To graduate means to take a step forward, to move onward.
毕业意味着向前迈进一步,已经上路了。


I can remember my high school graduation,
我还记得我的高中毕业,
my graduation from university,
我大学毕业,
and even my graduation from graduated school.
甚至从我研究生院毕业。
Each of those graduations was nice.
其中每个毕业典礼都是非常好。
I took pictures, I got flowers, I hug my parents.
我拍照片,我得到了花,我拥抱我的父母。
I had the motions to moving on, I want to stay and have more fun.
我曾有想继续下去的动力,我希望留下并获得更多的乐趣。
But I also want to move on.
但我还想继续前进。
When we hear the word graduation, we naturally think of graduating from school.
当我们听到毕业那个词,我们很自然地会想到从学校毕业。
But I think it’s possible to graduate from different places, or stages in life.
但我认为这是有可能是从不同的地方或不同阶段的生活毕业。
I worked in a company in New York for about three years.
我在纽约一家公司工作三年了。In one point I felt I couldn’t learn anything else from
the company,
[cn]在某种程度上,我觉得我无法从公司身上学到东西,
where the people I was working with.
从与我共同工作的人身上也一样。
Then I had hit a ceiling, I felt that was time to move on.
然后我已经达到了一种上限,我觉得是继续前行的时候了。
The way that I describe that moving on is a graduation.
我所描述的继续前行是毕业。


Some times we are thrown out into the world or to the next level,
有时我们被抛进世界或下一个阶段,
whether we are ready or not.
不管我们是否为此做好了准备。
Other times we get the truth when we want to move on.
其他时候,我们得到当我们想继续前进的事实。
I have experienced both.
我已经都经历过了。
I preferred the second one, where I have a choice,
我更喜欢第二个,在那里我可以选择,
I like the truth when and how, but we don’t always get what we want,
我喜欢这个何时以及如何的事实,但我们不能总是得到我们想要的东西,
since we can learn from every experience that we have,
因为我们可以从我们有的每次经历中学习,
each experience can be a stepping stone for us to be better people.
每次经历都可以成为我们的一块垫脚石而成为更好的人。
I know that I take lessons with me every time I graduated,
我知道每次我毕业我都要学习一些课程,
but some times I can be a slow learner.
但有时我可以是一个缓慢的学习者。
I wonder when my next graduation is going to be.
我想知道当我的下一次毕业将是何时。

于丹重温最美古诗词-暑假周记300字


国庆节是几月几日-地道战的观后感


吕晶晶-大学生助学金申请书范文


鲁班奖-辞职报告范文下载


包身工-护士求职简历范文


飞行员体检-文艺节目


幸福的滋味-防汛工作汇报


英语句子大全-元旦祝福