CRI实用英语Unit 13Banking English
余年寄山水
743次浏览
2020年08月10日 05:57
最佳经验
本文由作者推荐
长征组歌十首-衎怎么读
Dialogue Script 2 对话原文 2
Teller: Can I help you?
Sam: Yes. I'd like to open an account, please.
Teller: What sort of account did you have in mind?
Sam: I need a checking account to pay my bills. Can you tell me how it works?
Teller: Sure. You get a paycheck or a scholarship check made out to you, with the amount due to you, say $$ 2,500. You sign your name on the back of the check, mark it "for deposit only"---so no one can cash the check if you lose it---and deposit in your account. You can do that either by mail, or here in the bank with a deposit slip during bank hours, or at any ATM machine twenty-four hours a day.
Sam: That sounds easy. Then what?
Teller: Then you send a check to your landlord for the rent, to the gas and electricity and phone and cable TV companies---whatever. Companies generally include return envelopes with their bills, so you put in your check, stamp the envelope, and drop it in the mail.
Sam: I'm with you so far.
Teller: Be sure to keep a record of your checks you write in this check register, then add up your checks and deduct the amount from our account balance. Make sure you have more money in your account than needed for the checks your write, in case there are any fees.
Sam: What happens if I make a mistake.
Teller: It's very expensive to bounce a check. You'll be charged by the bank and again by the person or company to whom you gave the bad check.
Sam: I see.
Teller: If you have access to a computer, you can pay most of your bills online instead of by mail with software we provide to you for free.
Sam: Is it very complicated?
Teller: Not at all. I'll show you later how it works. First fill out these forms, print your name and social security number here, and here, and sign your name here, and here, and we'll be all set.
讲解:
1. 对话中Sam想要开一个银行账户,在询问营业员该如何办理。营业员问,你想开一个什么类型的账户,What sort of account did you have in mind?,就像我们在第一部分里说的,银行的账户又很多种类型,开之前一定要想清楚。
2. Sam说想开一个活期账户来支付账单,就是checking account,也可以说current account 。这个过程比较复杂,我们来一句一句的解释。营业员告诉Sam比如说你有一张工资支票或者奖学金支票,就是You get a paycheck or a scholarship check made out to you, 支票上注明了你应得的现金数额,比如说是2500美元吧,with the amount due to you, say $$ 2,500.
3. 然后在支票的背面签上你的名字并注明“只要储蓄”的字样,支票就存入你的账户了。You sign your name on the back of the check, mark it "for deposit only" and deposit in your account. 这样做是因为即使把支票弄丢了,也没人能把它兑现。so no one can
期存款帐户。
Could you tell me the difference between a savings account and a checking account?
请告诉我储蓄存款与支票存款的区别好吗?
Please tell me the procedure for opening a savings account.
请告诉我开个储蓄帐户需要什么手续。
Will 100 yuan be enough for a minimum deposit?
100元作最低存款额够吗?
I'd like to know whether a 200 yuan deposit will be enough for opening a checking account.
我想知道开一个支票帐户200元存款是否够。
Could you tell me how to operate this account?
请告诉我如何经管这个帐户好吗?
Is there any minimum for the first deposit?
第一次储蓄有最低限额吗?
How much does each account cost?
每个帐户要花多少钱?
存款
How much do you want to deposit with us?
你想在我们这存多少?
How much do you wish to pay into your account?
你希望在你的户头上存多少?
How much money do you plan to keep in your account on a regular basis?
你计划在你的户头上定期存放多少钱?
How much cash do you plan to deposit in your account?
你有多少钱要存入呢?
I think you may deposit your money with the bank, or leave it here for temporary safe-keeping.
我认为你可把钱存入银行,或留在银行暂保管起来。
Would you please fill in the depositing form, giving the sum of money you're to deposit as well as your name, address and professional unit?
请填张存款单,写明要存的数额以及你的姓名,地址和工作的单位,好吗?
Please sign your name on the bottom line if you want to cash the check.
如果想兑支票,请在底线上签名。
Please write your account number on the back of the check.
请在支票背面写上你的帐号。
We honored the check as the overdraft was only 5 yuan.
我们承兑这张支票的透支额只有5元。
Please endorse the cheque.
请背签这张支票。
The traveler's checks cost 1.5% of the total amount of purchase.
旅行支票手续费是购买总额的1.5%。
Here's the cheque book. When you send a cheque by post be careful to cross it, but if you wish to cash a cheque yourself, you must leave it "open".
这是一本支票簿,你邮寄支票时,注意要在支票上打叉线。但是如果你本人想开张兑现支票,就不可打叉线。 Each cheque you write will cost 2 dollars.
你每开一张支票将花2美圆。
I want to deposit 300 yuan in my account.
我想在我的户头上存300元。
I want to deposit these cheques in my account.
我想把这些支票存在我的户头上。
I'd like to pay 200 yuan into my deposit account.
我想在在我的定期存款户头上存200元。
I want to deposit my paycheck.
我想存入我的工资支票。
I'd like to know whether I can cash a cheque here.
我想知道我能否在这兑换支票。
Will you please cash this traveler's cheque?
请兑现这张旅行支票好吗?
I